Author Topic: Jedi_Master_Ben's Wax Shop  (Read 46469 times)

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
Re: Jedi_Master_Ben's Wax Shop
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2007, 12:54 AM »
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the comments so far. It means a lot and I do really listen to what you have to say. Glassman6 had a very good point about the hight, she did appear too tall for a female. I went back and did some more tweeking and I think I got it decent enough. The main problem is in th length of the torsol rod. I compensated this by making the hole in the neck deeper. Here is a latest compareson of the ep3 wookie and votc chewie.

Again, thank you for the comments and I look forward to having this over at GTG soon.

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2007, 05:01 AM »
mate they look simply awesome the scuplting detials are brillant but I would'nt expect anythingg less from you well done indeed.

Ron

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2007, 10:33 AM »
Your work really is amazing. Great stuff.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2007, 03:19 PM »
This is going to make a nice female wookiee. However, I've always thought of female wookiees as being more plump like Malla in the SWHS. I think it would be better to use the wookiee warrior as a base for a Malla female wookiee instead of skinny Chewie.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 9, 2007, 11:34 AM »
First, thanks to all that have posted thier thoughts, suggestions and comments.

As for the female wookie, I would have thought that maybe 20 some odd years ago, but now with the newer media out there, I have seen slender female wookies. I was basing this design from the SW Galaxies game wookies, were the gamer can modify the character to what they want to be in the game. The head sculpt is fashioned after a SWCC game card I found. So the cross between the two forms of media, I cam up with this kit. It seem easy enough for the cassual customizer to modify and at least opens up the possibilities for more characters. That does not mean that I would not consider a more portly female charater kit down the road. I will have to see about tracking down another one of the larger wookie  bodies seeing that the one I have is spoken for my own custom K'Kurhk based on our own Sithfire designs, with my own twist to it.

Thanks again for the comments, I really enjoy hearing back from you all.

Until next time,
Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 8, 2007, 07:41 AM »
Hey Guys,

I was lurking about the board when I found this great custom of a SA Qui-Gon Jinn by HappyNoodleBoy. I was inspired to dig up a some parts and whip up my own version. First off, I wasn's sure if I should do a new sculpt on the head or use one of the existing Hasbro versions. I did have one of the Applause statues and compared the face sculpt to the statue and notice that the Hasbro (finial duel version) was very close. I repainted the head and used some Fixit-Sculpt to lengthen the hair and square the back hair piece. I then hollowed out the head so it could fit on a SA Obi-Wan neck-post. I notice that the Obi-Wan torsol was too short for a Qui-Gon, so I decided to use the existing torsol, In order to achieve the ball-neck for the head, I used one of the new Male Neck Post Conversion Kits (comming soon to GTG) in place of the swivil neck hole. I then used a dremel to bore in the shoulder so that the Obi-Wan arms will fit. I then popped the legs off and put in the Obi-Wan legs and then sculpted the boot details with Fixit-Sculpt. I did not like the hands that came with the Obi-Wan for this custom, I went with the first set that I had laying arround, Bail Organa (ROTS version). The robe is from the new SA Mace Windu. Ok, enough with the talk, lets see some pics:

And just for fun, I did a quick head conversion on a young Obi-Wan and put it on the SA Obi-Wan body (unpainted for now). Here is the Master and the Padawan ready for action:

This was a great project and I am happy with the results. Plus this was a good exersize test for the upcomming Neck-Post Conversion Kit. With custom like this, alot of good older sculpted figures can be updated with a little bit of magic.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the pics.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #126 on: May 8, 2007, 08:50 AM »
That's awesome!  The only thing I suggest is that you add a little of the gray back into the hair (unless you're going for a younger Qui-Gon), but overall it is a very nie piece!
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 8, 2007, 07:45 PM »
Very very cool! Best Qui-Gon custom I have ever seen. I cant wait to see what you do with that Obi-Wan.  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 8, 2007, 11:20 PM »
 :o :o I Love It and It's a QUI-GON!!! Great Job!! I only hope that Hasbro puts that much articulation in theirs
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 9, 2007, 08:11 AM »
Hey Guys,

OK, I had some fun with the whole converting swivil heads to ball joint heads, I thought I would do some more. For today, let me ask you this,  Who here thinks the latest SA Mace Windu face looks like it got hit with the ugly stick? This head just does not look anything like Mr. Jackson as compared to the great sculpt work done during Episode 2 movie release. I had a surprise box arrive from my mother-in-law with loose figures in it (It helps that I am her favorite son-in-law ;D) and would you believe, it had just the Mace Windu figures I was planning to get on e-bay. OK, here are three different head modifications for this figure. I still have to do some painting to establish one skin tone for this figure and the heads, so I will post an update later when I have that done. But for now here are some pics.

I really like the last scupt face. I don't think the artist intended on it being used for that scene, but it looks so right. Man, that's got  to hurt.

Thanks again for the comments and enjoy the pics.

Jedi_Master_Ben