Author Topic: What I made out of VTSC Greedo and Han (with pics)  (Read 3775 times)

Offline KillerVole

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
What I made out of VTSC Greedo and Han (with pics)
« on: August 19, 2006, 08:42 PM »
Hello everyone! I am newly registered on this site, though I have been reading the Dark Illusions and Rykrof Enloe stories on here for some time. I am trying to learn how to make good custom figures, but I have been having a little trouble making my paint jobs come out well. So far I have mainly worked with clones.

I was wondering what types of things people are making with VTSC Greedo figures. I recently bought five of them on clearance, and I have only been able to think up one good use for them. I took the vest and holster off one, stuck an AOTC pilot Obi-Wan's cloak on him, gave him a lightsaber, and called him a jedi. It actually worked quite well.

If anyone has any suggestions about what I should make out of the other Greedos, please share them. Thanks!

Also, what is a good brand of acrylic paint sealer? I painted a Jedi Starfighter and would like to make sure that the paint doesn't chip.

I have added pictures. They are in a later post.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 10:01 PM by KillerVole »

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
Re: What should I make out of VTSC Greedo?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 10:23 AM »
Welcome to the customizing world!  Please post pictures of your greedo jedi and your stafighter.  As for customs,  You could try swapping out parts of greedos limbs with clone limbs, to create a rodian jedi in clone armor.  Also about the sealer, I've heard that testors dullcoat is the best.  I don't use it myself(or any sealer), but I know others do.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline KillerVole

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 03:05 PM »
How do I post pictures into threads? Can I just cut and paste them from my computer?

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 03:14 PM »
Unfortunately no. You will need to get a site to host your pics and link them to threads. I use imageshack. There are others, but the names elude me at this time. (Was photobucket one of them? Not sure...)
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 03:16 PM »
Unfortunately no. You will need to get a site to host your pics and link them to threads. I use imageshack. There are others, but the names elude me at this time. (Was photobucket one of them? Not sure...)

Yup, I use Photobucket.  Its free (so its cheap).  I haven't had any problems yet.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 03:27 PM »
Welcome KillerVole!

To post pics, photobucket.com is quite handy. It has the 'image link' already typed out for you.

Just click on this picture:

and copy and paste the url from your photobucket picture. Then you get something like this:

Offline KillerVole

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 10:00 PM »
Here they are!
Saesee Tiin's Eta-2 Jedi starfighter:

A jedi made from VTSC Han:

With an outer robe:

A clone custom I made a few months ago:

Master Spleeno the rodian jedi:

(That was the original version. I gave him an inner robe as seen below)

Spleeno vs. Darth Vader:

A custom my brother asked me to post:

Hopefully these all work. Please tell me what you think.

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
Re: What I made out of VTSC Greedo and Han (with pics)
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 08:30 AM »
I really like 'em!  That clone looks great, from what I can see.  Could we maybe get some closer pics?  I also really like the han jedi, but you may want to change up his face a little so you can't recognize him as han.  The starfighter looks nice as well.  Keep it up!
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline KillerVole

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: What I made out of VTSC Greedo and Han (with pics)
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 02:55 PM »
The Han jedi is a custom for a friend who looks just like this Han figure. Otherwise I would definately have changed it. I'll try to get better shots soon.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 02:55 PM by KillerVole »