Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT  (Read 107303 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 09:44 AM »
Too bad it's not a Target or Kaybee exclusive.  It would end up on clearance then.  It was nice when the POTF2 AT ATs went for $30 at Kaybee.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 09:50 AM »
$90 for a stripped down (no electronics) AT-AT?   No thanks. 

If they had thrown in a new pack-in figure, I might have considered it.  As it stands now, I hardly have enough room for the two AT-ATs I have now let alone a third one. 

I guess I'll pass on this one (unless some new "wow" info comes along to change my mind  ;)).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 10:41 AM »
Hopefully it will collect dust like the OTC and ROTS Falcons that currently occupy every inch of the SW aisle at TRU.  If so, maybe I can pick one up on clearance for $50 or so.

I think the deco will be cool along wtih the box - outside of that though, it sounds like a POS.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 12:42 PM »
I'm not thrilled with the price either, and if there aren't any pack ins (or obviously, electronics) it does sound like a bit of a rip off.  I'll most likely pick it up just because I don't have the vintage or POTF2 ones, and getting them on ebay probably wouldn't be much cheaper.  We'll see once we have some pics and when it will be released how the budget is looking, but I'd like to have an AT-AT in the collection so this might be the best option.

I like the point of the AT-AT drivers with nothing to drive.  With some of the other figures we're seeing released this year (VTSC Biker Scout, VTSC Sandpeople), I wouldn't mind seeing re-releases of the speeder bike and Bantha as well.  I doubt we'll see them, but I wouldn't mind.  There's a few other things from the POTF2 line that I missed and have been waiting to see if they'll be re-released (Bantha, Dewback, Rebo Band, Rancor, etc.).  I think its been long enough in some cases they might sell ok with some of the newer collectors (or kiddos).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 12:42 PM by Brian »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 02:20 PM »
I think it's an ok option if you don't already own one given the prices of the POTF2/vintage are in the same range or more anyway.  But to get another?  As everyone has mentioned, no electronics and no pack in figures?  That's a pretty darn steep price increase considering they had the mold and removed the electronics so it's going to be cheaper to produce than it's predecessor was.  Worse is the lack of pack in figures, there were two previously.  Sad, really.

Don't take that to mean I might not buy one or don't like the paint deco as it's been shown thus far.  I do and I wouldn't mind owning a second version of this monster.  But $90 or probably $130 CAD if it makes its way to our TRUs is way too steep for some fancy window box packaging.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 04:07 PM »
I keep going back and forth on this. I don't have either previous version, so I might get this new one if I can swallow the $90 tag. As Brent said, that's damned spendy considering it should be cheaper than either previous release. And it's not like I have display space for the thing anyway.

I just don't know. :-\
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 04:24 PM »
Exactly my point.  Sure, this AT-AT will only be at TRU, and we all know the "if an item is an exclusive, it effects the production numbers and is more costly, so that cost is passed to us" story.  But, that still does not forgive the fact that this thing is going to be bare-bones and have no pack-ins.  Gone are the days for a lot of us that a pretty window box secures a sale, especially when something has been made cheaper and priced higher.

HasBLO =  :(
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

My Website

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 04:28 PM »
Does anyone remember what the retail price was exactly on the POTF2 version?

Was it $80 or $90?

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 05:25 PM »
Oh,  I'm  buying  one,  I'll  admit  it.  Why  try  to  fool  myself?  If  I  get  a  2nd  one  to  open,  hopefully  it  will  be  on  clearance.  Toys  R  Us  always  has  these  exclusives  that  make  me  shake  my  head,  like  the  Jedi,  Carkoon,  and  Endor  sets  that  I  end  up  buying.  I  try  to  sweeten  those  purchases,  though,  buy  racking  up  the  freebies  like  the  silver  or  holo  figures  and  gift  card  promos.  But  I  know  when  I  start  hearing  store  reports  of  the  Endor  AT-AT  showing  up,  nothing's  gonna  stop  me....'cept  an  empty  bank  account
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 05:56 PM »
Does anyone remember what the retail price was exactly on the POTF2 version?

Was it $80 or $90?

I think it was $70.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 05:59 PM »
$79.99
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

SilverZ

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 06:15 PM »
I'm finding it hard to believe that after the sluggish sales of the Imperial Shuttle, then the lingering ROTS packaging Falcons, that anyone, including TRU, would see the logic in a $90 vehicle. I hope we're missing some important fact about this that justifies that price.  :-\

I would like to have another AT-AT that had the level of paint detail that the Shuttle has, though. But damn, $89.99?

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 07:54 PM »
I  can't  answer  that  question,  but  I  know  that  the  packaging  will  be  bigger  than  the  POTF2  AT-AT  if  it  is  sold  in  a  window  box  fully  assembled  in  some  kind  of  action  pose (which  is  of  course  no  guarantee  considering  Hasbro  comes  up  with  interesting  ways  of  packaging  in  window  boxes  a  partially  assembled  vehicle).  In  that  case  its  size  will  rival  the  boxes  of  those  1/6  scale  R/C  vehicles  I  see  all  over  the  place  that   go  for  $100  and  up.  I  know  that  shelf  space  equals  money  to  these  brick  and  mortars  and  they  make  the  customers  pay  for  it.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 09:16 PM »
Don't care, I'm buying it. I don't currently own any of the 'walkers' for whatever reason so this will be my first one.
Don't care about electronics, ect-without those you actually have to use your imagination more in play=I'm over it.
Now that I have a lotsa cash from zachmoe We're gonna get this now.

It will be an opener when we buy it too.

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2006, 12:47 PM »
Well maybe all is not lost.  I found an electronic POTF2 AT-AT that needs a new "chin gun" and "ear gun".  Hopefully the new AT-AT won't have green and brown poodoo paint on those parts and I can request them from HasBLO.

;)
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

My Website