Author Topic: Legacy Novels  (Read 13669 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Novels
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 03:16 PM »
I'm currently in the middle of Bloodlines. I wonder how Fett will get an appearance in the future novels.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 12:22 PM »
is it me or does mara Jade look more like Famke Janssen than Shannon Baksa, not that i'm complaining. i think Famke would make a great mara jade, its just kinda werid after we hear ford was offered a starwars spinoff(probably 7,8,& 9) and now we get a book cover with her clearly based after Famke Janssen.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 12:43 AM »
I just finished book three.  I don't want to spoil anything for those who have not read it yet, but I did enjoy it.

The series is great so far.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 09:25 PM »
I'm really looking forward to read this series. I have book 2 and 3 BUT i haven't been able to find a paperback version of betrayal. Is it only out in hardcover? and if so does anyone know when a paperback copy will be released ? :-\
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 10:08 PM »
I'm really looking forward to read this series. I have book 2 and 3 BUT i haven't been able to find a paperback version of betrayal. Is it only out in hardcover? and if so does anyone know when a paperback copy will be released ? :-\

Yes, it's only out in Hardcover. It usually takes 10 - 12 monthsd fro a hardcover to be made into paperback.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 11:37 AM »
oh alright. Thanks anyways. I still got enough books to keep me busy till it comes out then.  8)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2007, 01:58 PM »
FYI the fourth novel, Exile, is scheduled for release on Tuesday. I got a copy Thursday at Wal-Mart for cheap. Finished it last night. Not bad.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 5, 2007, 11:45 PM »
I finished Exile last night.  Another excellent book.  It will be very interesting to see where the story goes from here.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #23 on: March 9, 2007, 04:33 PM »
{spoilers}

personally i must say i feel that Ben went into his Sith test a total novice and came out a JEDI!

for me that was just great. having hated Ben since dark nest, this was a real treat after having to read about Luke skywalkers blithering idiot son for like three books.

I've stated many times that i was not excited about Exile in the least bit. but finding it four days early really made me enjoy it all the more, another great thing to me was the way that unlike Tempest it jump started the story and actually went somewhere.

but when it comes to future editions in this series i don't wanna even try and figure out where its going. because quite frankly its gone everywhere I've not expected so far, and I'm generally pleased with that sort of thing making a return to the Starwars mythos.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2007, 04:50 PM »
I finished Sacrifice the other day.  Very good book, although rough ending.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 04:45 PM »
I read Sacrifice today and it was a really good read. The death in the book was really well handled and sad. It was also nice to see Ben becoming more of a man and less of a whiny little kid ( it's reminiscent of Luke's Journey throughout the OT). My only crticism of the books as a series is tha there is almost too much going on. I feel like all that stuff about Fett could be it's own separate book. In the future it would be nice to see the focus be on maybe 4-5 characters as opposed to what feels like 7-12 (Like Tatooine Ghost which just focused on Han and Leia.)

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 06:37 PM »
I can see in the end Jacen accidentally killing tenal ka and then killing himself
I suck.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 02:55 PM »
Has anyone read Inferno yet? What did you think?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2007, 12:19 AM »
I just bought inferno but i still haven't read number 1 It's a little hard to get into.
I suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2007, 04:07 PM »
I read Fury in two days.  Great book aith lots of action.  Alston also did a great job with Ben halping Luke still dealing with his grief over losing Mara as well as the Jag and Jaina storyline.  I have a feeling that they will be a couple again by the end of the series.
This is the way.

I have spoken.