Author Topic: Official Television Thread  (Read 106518 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Official Television Thread
« Reply #540 on: August 14, 2019, 12:45 AM »
It's over. I won't say it was a perfect show, but it was brilliant. Only 27 total episodes. Watch "Legion"!
Don't be mad cause I'm doing me better than you doing you

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 12, 2019, 12:49 PM »
Anyone else watching HBO's Watchmen series?  I am loving it so far.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #542 on: December 12, 2019, 11:15 PM »
I'm enjoying it.  Surprising because it's written by Damon Lindelof...but that kind of lowered my expectations.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 25, 2020, 03:16 PM »
With the quarantine in full effect, I am finally getting around to watching a few shows and movies that have been on my checklist for a while.  My son and I just started watching "The Gifted."  For those that don't know, it's a X-Men universe with the show focusing on several new mutants (Blink, Polaris, Thunderbird among others).  Not a big X fan, but it's been a fun ride through the first half of Season 1.  Has a bit of a Heroes vibe to it, with various references to the X-Men or Brotherhood as Easter Eggs, without really telling us which characters were on what team and what happened to all of them.  One of the early episodes even has Stan Lee walking out of a bar - hope they find a way to keep that up or something similar as it always makes me smile.  Definitely going to finish out the season and see where it goes. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Knight
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 26, 2020, 11:25 AM »
CBS All Access is providing a month free trial.  I decided to give it a whirl and watch the Star Trek show Picard.

I'm one episode in.  So far its not really grabbed me, but its not terrible either.  Since I'm trapped at home with idle time I'm sure I'll watch the whole thing regardless.