Author Topic: Group Project XI - The Rykrof Project  (Read 80315 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Group Project XI - The Rykrof Project
« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2006, 03:26 PM »
Glassman, no big deal.  Rykrof is just a fan fiction character, not based off anyone at all.  Just a character I made up.   Maybe when the new versions of the photonovels start back up you might read a few of them, but if not that's ok too.  :)

:)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2006, 11:19 PM »
D_E-  That is a good Rykrof update.  I still like the bounty hunter better.

I bought a few extra Antilles figures as I thought they had good potential.  You proved me right!  I really like the color scheme that this one was painted with.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 12, 2006, 05:15 PM »
Im glad evewryone likes it. I liked the bounty hunter too, but this is more of what I wanted to do in the first place. That body has great potential as far as uniformed characters go. I really wish I would have snagged more at the time. This body was the remains of my group project "Custom of Me" that is now the star of my photonovel.
If youre not doing anything with the antilles heads Ill take them off your hands. Ill need a few 'Stunt Doubles" ;D.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 29, 2007, 11:43 PM »
I thought I'd bump this up a bit, I've made several Rykrof's since this project closed out and have been using some of the ones you guys made for inspiration.  All will be showing up in 2007 in the photonovel series.

;)

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #199 on: January 30, 2007, 01:22 AM »
Wow! I never knew about this thread...
Well makes sense, as until you posted today Chewie, the prior posts were months before I found the forums and began customizing...
Too bad, as that would have been fun to participate in!
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #200 on: January 30, 2007, 10:32 AM »
Hey, I never added mine to this thread.

Here is my VSTC Biker scout

Notice the helmet isn better proportioned. 
With that, i give my ode to Chewie..

Rykrof, hero of the federation disputes and clone wars, has seen alot of adventure in his day. Though his efforts were valient, he and the few others of his day were not enough to stop the evil empire from controling the galaxy.
30 plus years later,  Rykrof, older and battle worn,  finds himself on a mission to sabotoge an imperial outpost on the Forest moon of endor. Disguised as an imperial biker scout, he aids in disorganizing several imperial scout troops, by sabotaging their equiptment. Making it possible for a legion of imperial officers to be overtaken by primitive ewoks with sticks and a rock! Rykrof's wherabouts after the battle of endor are unknown...

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #201 on: January 30, 2007, 04:48 PM »
Very cool Glassman!

This may be a dumb question, however keep in mind I only got back into action figure collecting/customizing actively just prior to summer of 06...
Is the Rykrof head from a previous released figure or a custom sculpt? AOTC Bail Organa?
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2007, 06:27 PM »
Thanks Straxus, and maybe if people want to again someday we can do some other Rykrof project. Not sure if the interest level is there, but I'd be all for it.   :-*

The Rykrof head came from this figure -

For a while I wanted to make a photonovel, and wanted to use a Star Wars head that I could get several of for different versions of a character, that wasn't already a main character from Star Wars.  That one worked out really good because it was an army builder too, and I had already done head swaps with most of my Endor troops and had several extra "Rykrof" heads at the time.

Glassman I remember that figure, it's just awesome.  You did such a great job with it, especially the custom made helmet.

:P

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2007, 07:02 PM »
Too bad I did not know any of you guys or about these forums when a toy store I used to go to went out of business. They had tons of those there. It was right before I actually started customizing...(They had tons and tons of old figures sold there, but they went out of business, sad as it was a great source of older fodder.)