Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 357923 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #1200 on: August 1, 2006, 09:43 AM »
Yes, both Dengar and Zuckuss are being offered as mini-busts.  I saw them with my two eyes.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 1, 2006, 08:29 PM »
If anyone is going to Gen-Con, you can preorder the Mara Jade bust.  Limited to 500 for pre-order (out of 2000), chances are I might be able to snag one when they show up online. 
Beth

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: August 1, 2006, 08:31 PM »
Im hoping I can get one when they go online as well. But Im sure its gonna be like the Blackhole Stormie.
I remember my dream now.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1203 on: August 2, 2006, 10:57 PM »
I am so glad i never bought these, becuse i would be going insane right now. I wouldnt mind her though  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 2, 2006, 11:08 PM »
Ah, this stuff isn't that bad, so long as you're on the ball and they don't pull another blue clone/BHS again.  With issue sizes in this range it's not that awful really.  For the week post SDCC and probably the week post GenCon, you'll be able to pick up the exclusive bust for in the range of $100-130 or so.  Really, that's not all that bad when you consider they'd run about $60 and shipping lately, so about $70.  Consider the price of admission and parking and food for the respective Con and you're in the ballpark of $100 pretty easily.  I really don't think the $100 price tag for a con exclusive from a 'reseller' is all that bad. 

I was lucky enough that DS helped me pick up the SDCC shock trooper and I'll just go to ebay to get Mara Jade.  I'll try to get her if they do a collector's club sale as well and then just sell off the spare and try to make back what I paid on ebay if I'm fortunate enough to score one. 

I will say I don't expect them to hold back more than about 500 of each though, so I do expect another BHS madhouse event.  I just hope they're smart enough to not put both up at the same time :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 9, 2006, 02:03 PM »
so the madness begins:

Mara Jade bust
Beth

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #1206 on: August 9, 2006, 03:22 PM »
Thankfully this bust is of no interest to me.
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 9, 2006, 05:10 PM »
so the madness begins:

Mara Jade bust

Not at all my dear, they've been up for at least two weeks and a few have been higher than those BINs.  They'll go around $100-125 in the week post-Con. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 9, 2006, 05:28 PM »
It's definitely a foolish move to go with a pre-order on a con exclusive through eBay.  Let the event happen and then watch what happens.  I don't think Gentle Giant is going to sell through all 2,000 pieces in Indy.  Especially since they stated in their blog that they'll be offering Mara Jade and the Shock Trooper to collector's club members after Gen Con is over.

Let things play out.  You'll probably save money and you'll be happier in the end.  Whether you get the piece directly from Gentle Giant or from someone who attended the show, you'll do better than what these pre-sells are offering.

Feedback

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: August 9, 2006, 08:09 PM »
I think its funny that that one seller has like 12 pre orders and has sold 5 or so more.  ::)
I remember my dream now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 11, 2006, 11:31 PM »
Y'know, I love ebay and all.  When I'm selling.

Click Beth's link again and you'll see the early ebay bound MJ busts up there in abundance.  The going price, or at least the price where bids are falling has dropped to $149, though some buffoons are bidding on them at $199 as well ::)  I wish these people had more patience, but I'll probably pull the trigger below $110 or so. 

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 12, 2006, 09:07 PM »
but I'll probably pull the trigger below $110 or so. 

And it will get there. Who would have guessed that the Shock would be going for between $90-100.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 12, 2006, 10:36 PM »
Well I can't prove it, but I figured it would.  Same reasons as I said for Mara, tons of folks are going solely to pick up some profit, but the market is relatively limited in some respects.  The early, crazy buyers are always going to be there, listing first is a great advantage on ebay, but patience is always a virtue. 

I think because of Mara's lower production run there's a chance her price may stay higher, but I don't think she has the popularity that a clone does, so it may all equal out in the end.  Time will tell.  I do think the clone price will climb again though, especially after the sale to the collector's club members is done.  I don't think it will go too high, but I could see it settling out around or above the $150 mark. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 14, 2006, 12:31 AM »
Yeesh, the insanity continues.  Gotta wait a week I guess.  Might have to up my buy option to around $125 :-\

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 14, 2006, 06:44 PM »
I'm still waiting on the GG Collector's Club offering for Mara Jade.  If that fails, then I'll consider eBay.

In other mini-bust news, I'm starting to get a little antsy for my case of ROTS Clone Troopers.  I hope they get to my local comic shop soon!

Feedback