Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 391938 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #480 on: February 7, 2005, 02:58 PM »
Shut up, hypocrite!   ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 8, 2005, 09:40 AM »
Shut up, hypocrite!   ::)

Not nice to talk to Brent like that!  :P

My parcel is still at FedEx waiting customs clearance! Maybe today, tomorrow... :-\

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 8, 2005, 07:32 PM »
I hope you get it soon Dale so I can at least see what all the fuss was about.  We KNOW you'll open yours!!
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #483 on: February 8, 2005, 08:18 PM »
Wait a second...  When did you start collecting the GG busts Dale?  Did I miss something?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 9, 2005, 12:09 AM »
Yup, you missed something.  Dale's been into them at least since the green clone sargeant.  That's as far back as I know.  Not sure what else he has.

My bust arrived at Jim's place (as did Jim's and drewlam's). :D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 9, 2005, 10:51 AM »
Like Brent mentioned Alice, you missed it!  :-*

Started off with the green Clone Sargeant then I have the Chrome Vader now just waiting on Han which is still at FedEx!  >:(    There will be another bust coming in the near future.  8)

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 9, 2005, 04:54 PM »
Yup, you missed something.  Dale's been into them at least since the green clone sargeant.  That's as far back as I know.  Not sure what else he has.

My bust arrived at Jim's place (as did Jim's and drewlam's). :D

It arrived?!?  Excellent!!!  Looking forward to adding it to the Luke.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 11, 2005, 11:38 AM »
I really hate FedEx right now!   >:(  1 week later, it's still there in ******* customs!  >:( >:(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #488 on: February 11, 2005, 11:41 AM »
I'm hoping I've got a Han bust waiting at home for me tonight as well...

So, looks like it's time for Round 3 on the Gold/Chrome Sandtrooper:

Do I hear $3K?!   :-X

Looks like that last one didn't sell at $3k and he hasn't re-listed it yet.  Apparently there is only one dumb-ass out there willing to pay thousands for this bust...  ::)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 11, 2005, 03:20 PM »
I really hate FedEx right now!   >:(  1 week later, it's still there in ******* customs!  >:( >:(

Grrr... FedEx, what a bunch of crooks.  I can't stand dealing with them, why can't SWS.com and GG.com deal with USPS?   Nothing pisses me off more than those damn brokerage fees, and obviously by your situation Dale, they're not always very fast either.    >:(

I'm hoping I've got a Han bust waiting at home for me tonight as well...

So, looks like it's time for Round 3 on the Gold/Chrome Sandtrooper:

Do I hear $3K?!   :-X

Looks like that last one didn't sell at $3k and he hasn't re-listed it yet.  Apparently there is only one dumb-ass out there willing to pay thousands for this bust...  ::)

Jeff

I'd love to hear about how GG tracked down the guys that are selling these gifts and cut them off from any product in the future - hell, I'd laugh my bloody ass off.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 11, 2005, 03:58 PM »
I've actually talked at length with a Gentle Giant rep regarding shipping.  Bluntly it is overall significantly cheaper for them to use FedEx because 99% of their business is in the US.  It allows them to use a very fast carrier that is remarkably inexpensive, much more so than USPS would be for them. 

The long and short of it is for Canadians, we don't rate.  We're too small a market for them to consider a switch.  And I'm not sure that FedEx in Canada is directly the same as it is in the US.  We see this with agriculture companies sometimes, like Bayer or Dow.  They're the same company, but no more closely related than you and I Jesse.  We're both Canadians and star wars freaks, but that's about it.  From a business standpoint I can appreciate it, no matter how frustrating. 

On the bright side, the Canadian complaining during the Luke Stormtrooper bust did reap a benefit.  At that time I tried to get my bust shipped to chuckles (Jim) in Minnesota and they would not allow it because the billing and shipping addresses were different (this is different from my recent troubles with EE and SWS.com), regardless of whether I had the Minnesota address listed as a valid shipping address with my CC company.  I received an email some time after the Luke "discussions" indicating that GG had changed their policy and I (and others) would be allowed to have our stuff shipped to a different address from our billing address.  I consider that a win. 

With the Han bust I opted for the cheapest shipping and it went to Jim's place right quick (#31  :P).  I also win because Jim gets lots of my stuff, so he bulks it up and sends it on.  I only need to have patience getting my stuff and I save money big time.  I also really appreciate Jim's efforts in helping me out.  But even without bulking, he could probably send it up here for $10 or less, so a total shipping cost of $15 and it ends up arriving a week later, but no hold ups like Dale is experiencing and no brokerage fees.  Maybe customs fees, maybe not. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #491 on: February 11, 2005, 06:22 PM »
I got my Han bust today.  Pretty sweet, already have it next to the Luke ST bust.  (together they make a nice set)

I had no idea what was up when I went to order it, I had so mnay problems, wasn't even sure if I was getting it or not.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 12, 2005, 12:10 AM »
Got my Han today as well... actually they were delivered a few days ago, but I sent them to my job and today was my first day back to work after missing a few with a bit of the flu.

Got #491 and #1411 - gave #1411 to my buddy who didn't get a chance to order one, and he just happened to walk into my store today while I was admiring them.

This just begs to be asked - I placed both of these orders within minutes of each other (placing the second one only because I didn't know if the first one went through or not). How in the hell did I end up with 2 busts numbered almost 900 from each other? I would have thought that they just have these all lined up in cases, in numbered order, and just pack them as they got the orders in?

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #493 on: February 12, 2005, 04:14 PM »
Got my Han today as well... actually they were delivered a few days ago, but I sent them to my job and today was my first day back to work after missing a few with a bit of the flu.

Got #491 and #1411 - gave #1411 to my buddy who didn't get a chance to order one, and he just happened to walk into my store today while I was admiring them.

This just begs to be asked - I placed both of these orders within minutes of each other (placing the second one only because I didn't know if the first one went through or not). How in the hell did I end up with 2 busts numbered almost 900 from each other? I would have thought that they just have these all lined up in cases, in numbered order, and just pack them as they got the orders in?

My understanding is that they are pulled off of pallets, not in numerical order in any way.

Picture a pallet that has hundreds on it. Next to another pallet that has hundreds on it.  You could easily get 2 off of 2 pallets that are side by side(and the ones side by side might not even be next to each other number wise).

Same thing happens in my industry also (I see it with manuf. dates) you could easily get two of the same product next to each other on the same order with 2 different production dates.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 15, 2005, 10:22 AM »
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGG!  You have got to be ******* kidding me!

I just checked my status on my Han bust that being held up by customs at FedEx, well according to the tracking, on Feb 14th at 1:36 PM it was held at FedEx location for recipient pickup.

What? I never got a notice or a call to pick it up!

Then at 1:48 PM, The package is returned to the shipper. Now I click the link for the return tracking number and it is now in transit back to Memphis and it looks like it's going back to GG! What the goddamn **** is going on!  >:(

Boy is FedEx going to be getting a nasty phone call from me! 

******* ********!