Author Topic: NHL 2006-07  (Read 32301 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2006-07
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2006, 05:24 PM »
Bob Clarke resigns in Philly.  Wow - he's been a part of this team for so long.  It sounds like he was pretty burnt out and ready to go though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2006, 07:32 PM »
I have been enjoying the Pens so far...  I gotta say, they're young, energetic, and fun to watch this season...  at least to this point.  Staal's been outstanding, and Malkin is just a fun player to watch. 

There's continued disappointment in the play of the "old" guys on the team (LeClair especially), but I've thought that Recchi's at least looking good out there if not giving heavy production...  And Gonchar's picking up where he left last season and actually turning his game on early in the season instead of waiting till they're out of any running to actually play well.

If the goaltending holds up, I really have a fun team to watch.  Much better than last year, at least thus far.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2006, 09:57 PM »
I think the Pens are definitely going to be one of the biggest 'up and coming' teams with the quality young guys they've added.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 02:00 AM »
Yeah, making sales fears all the more anxiety-driving for the fans here, haha. :)

There are of course already the maroons here speculating on major playoff runs and stuff but it's good to see the local casters are keeping the fans in check on that stuff...  Way too early to even make predictions that they could squeak into the running I think, but it's nice seeing a team that CAN click if they work at it...  And in areas they really lacked last year.  The goaltending thing still bothers me, but our defense is definitely getting more physical as well as jumping into the O plays a bit more... 

I'm picking up some tickets hopefully soon to see a game.  I don't want to miss a chance to see Staal, Malkin and Crosby all on the ice together at their ages right now...  I just hope I don't curse them as they have worse records when I show up at games it seems. :P  I always feel somehow that it's me then...  That's the old hockey superstitions coming out in me I guess, haha.

I seriously have been having fun.  I had fun last year but with obvious disappointments... This year though it's not like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and the team to just fold in on itself in terrible losses night-after-night.  There seems to be hope even in the games we're behind by a couple.  That makes watching hockey a much more positive experience for me, hah.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 12:55 AM »
Pens moved into first tonight after beating the loathed NJ Devils...  (I actually dig the Devils most of the time, but not against the Pens).  I love it...  Some beautiful goals in that game if you guys can catch highlights from it.  Melkin's was just great.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 01:05 AM »
I watched a bit of that Pens game on the "Versus" network.  Looked like the Pens (up 3-1 at the time I was watching) were out playing the Devils, or at least looked like they wanted to be out there playing anyway.

I did see the replay of Malkin's goal, that was pretty sweet...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 04:12 AM »
Even if the Pens end up eating it all season I've been having a blast...  Young players not yet tainted by the whole greed of everything are always fun to watch.  Jagr was like that when he was first here, and he was just a great player to watch...  then his ego exploded, he got bitchy, he didn't pay his taxes and he gambled...  and cut his mullet.

**** happened.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2006, 01:03 PM »
The Pens handed a furious spanking to the Flyers, plus Crosby's first NHL hat trick.  Good for him and that couldn't have happened to a better team. :)

Many a night I recall fierce arguments with Flyers fans who were going to college out this way where my buddy's went...  Things could get ugly fast.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 01:39 AM »
Meanwhile, my Bruins are sucking ass with only 7 points so far.  It's going to be a long year.  >:(

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 08:34 AM »
The Pens handed a furious spanking to the Flyers, plus Crosby's first NHL hat trick.  Good for him and that couldn't have happened to a better team. :)

Many a night I recall fierce arguments with Flyers fans who were going to college out this way where my buddy's went...  Things could get ugly fast.

>:( >:( >:( >:(
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 01:43 PM »
 ;D

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 1, 2006, 02:02 AM »
Too much Pens talk, not nearly enough Preds talk. Exciting game to watch against the Canucks tonight, Sully's breakway/rebound in the 3rd was a thing of beauty. Nice to see Rads get another goal tonight, I really hope he doesn't get sent back down when everyone gets healthy.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: November 1, 2006, 02:30 AM »
Too much Pens talk, not nearly enough Preds talk.

No such thing exists!  >:(

BTW the Pens signed Staal despite many locally assuming he'd be sent down because of Crosby's contract coming due when it does and all that jazz.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: November 2, 2006, 02:45 PM »
And the pens in OT beat the Kings last night (I completely hate West Coast trips...  Up at 10:30 to see the start of a game is a living hell), and that snapped a VERY LONG losing streak...  Like since 1998 I believe the call guy said.

And Malkin goes 7 goals in6 games to boot with 2 last night...  Sweet. :)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 6, 2006, 04:11 AM »
Ouch, a couple of big injuries Sunday.  Afinogenov out for a couple weeks and Jagr may have hurt his shoulder again.