Author Topic: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 75090 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #195 on: March 23, 2007, 03:38 PM »
I picked up all 6 of these today.  Love all of them except for the Yoda/Kashyyyk trooper pack.  That one's going back.

One thing that I noticed that I didn't see posted before, was that some of the figures come with additional accessories packed on the bottom of the packaging:

Palpatine comes with an additional hand and Sith lightning.
Yoda comes with an additional hand and a cane.
Anakin comes with his ungloved mechanical hand.
Obi-Wan comes with an additional hand and his lightsaber hilt.  The AT-RT Driver comes with the battle damaged chest plate.

It still doesn't change the fact that these are not the best figures and that Hasbro could have given us better ones, but at least they added enough to these packs to make them ok.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:16 PM by I Am Sith »
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 23, 2007, 10:02 PM »
Obi pack and Yoda packs sure suck!  >:(  >:(  >:(  :P  :P  :P

I'm only getting Thire and Bow packs, theyre in a totally different league from the others.  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2007, 11:48 AM »
Street date for these is April 8th?

I just had an odd conversation with a manager about these. Since I keep getting shot down on getting these, unlike some people (Crunchy Nug, I'm looking in your direction) I tried the civil approach. Since my local Target has these in the back room, I asked the manager how secure these are and if they'll make it to the shelves tomorrow. He was very nice, so I know the wasn't yanking my chain. He checked the DCPI, went in back, came out and said that they have lots, but the shelf day he has is 4/8. ??? So if these aren't out tomorrow, that could be why.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2007, 02:35 PM »
I had a really helpful guy help me out at Target this morning, but these were no shows.  No word of a date on them.  All the POTC and Spidey stuff went out on schedule (as did the 30AC).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2007, 04:38 PM »
He was very nice, so I know the wasn't yanking my chain. He checked the DCPI, went in back, came out and said that they have lots, but the shelf day he has is 4/8. ??? So if these aren't out tomorrow, that could be why.
Sorry DA, but he was yanking your chain.  Just becasue someone's nice to your face, doesn't mean they're telling the truth.  When I was checking for Target shuttles, I remember a very nice service desk lady who told me that the little red boxes on the aisles are rarely accurate and that there were no shuttles in back.  Went back the next day and they were on the shelf, with the red box checker now indicating there were none in back. 

Anyway, I went into Target today, checked their inventory machine ( I love those things ), and asked a red shirt if he could pull the O#66 items from the back because there were none on the shelf.  Most guys go verify a shelf location, but this guy skipped that part, which is lucky since there was no shelf location even though the aisle had reset.  He came back with the case, but before he would give it to me, he said he had to verify the street date and take the case out of inventory.  After checking, he specifically mentioned that there was no street date assigned to these figures and sent me on my merry way.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 24, 2007, 06:41 PM »
I saw three of the sets today, and decided just to get Vader/Bow. The obi pack bothers me because of the repack I already have 4 of (thanks to needing to get several UGHs to complete the silver holo set). The Anakin set was a letdown with that airborne- why can't the helmet fit better? I would rather it wasn't removeable and looked decent. I may still pick up the Mace/Marine and/or the emperor set, but I'll have to see them first.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2007, 11:14 PM »
He was very nice, so I know the wasn't yanking my chain. He checked the DCPI, went in back, came out and said that they have lots, but the shelf day he has is 4/8. ??? So if these aren't out tomorrow, that could be why.
Sorry DA, but he was yanking your chain.  Just becasue someone's nice to your face, doesn't mean they're telling the truth. 

I've dealt with a lot of jerk managers. This guy could have been mis-informed, but I know he wasn't yanking my chain because he bent over backwards to get me an answer and told me to call him directly after the store closed to find out if they would be on the shelves tomorrow. Gave me his personal extention.

Hey, wait a second... he wasn't hitting on me was he? :o
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2007, 11:18 PM »
Hey, wait a second... he wasn't hitting on me was he? :o

:D :D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2007, 11:21 PM »
 ;D

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2007, 01:57 AM »
Did he answer the phone "How you doing?"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 10:43 AM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2007, 02:19 AM »
Did he answer the phone "How you doing?" That is the give away.

He asked you to call him after work?  Uuuuhhhhh.... :-*
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2007, 12:49 PM »
Picked up my Order 66, ran into a "tough" stock manager but once she realized that we were honest people she was relaly cool. She started to describe a really bad scalper (one that I have had many runins with) and I said, ya dont worry we dont like him either and after that..she was really cool..Its a new store so its best to keep good realtions with the natives.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2007, 03:08 PM »
Had another Target tell me that Order 66 has an 4/8 shelf date. :-\

Offline darthmaul94

• Youngling
  • I must obey my master.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2007, 05:36 PM »
I just got home from Target and I used the dcpi on the order 66 packs to see if any Target had them and they had them and I got all six
At last we will reveal ourselfs to the jedi at last we will have revenge.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2007, 06:17 PM »
I picked up Mace/Palpatie/Vader ..the Anakin one was "ok"  the other two...well they are going to  be self warmers I think.  I was really happy with the Mace/Galactic Marine..