Multimedia > The Original Trilogy

Original Trilogy on bootleg DVD

(1/4) > >>

Nicklab:
I've seen the Original Trilogy out there as a bootleg DVD set for some time.  This weekend, I was definitely tempted to buy theatrical versions of the OT as a set for $50.  So, here are the questions:  

-Are you for or against bootlegging in general?

-Do you have the Original Trilogy as bootleg DVD's?

-If you did, what did you pay?

-Did you get the Special Edition, or the Theatrical Releases?

And lastly, how long do you think it will be until the original trilogy comes out on DVD?

Morgbug:
Nope, I don't have them, but wish I did.  More so now that my daughter is starting to like them.  DVD's allow for jumping to specific scenes (as you all know) much more easily, truly a benefit with a 3 year old around.  I'll likely break down soon and get them.  

I suppose that answers the question regarding for or against.  Hey, Lucas has had ample opportunity to release them.  I would buy the official product the first day it was out, but it's not out and I really don't expect it until 2006 in a big old boxed set, possibly 2007 allowing him to reap the profits of a solo release of Episode III.  

I believe olde Jorg has said only the special editions will be on DVD as well, so that may further push me.  I'm not nearly so opposed to the special editions as lots of folks (quickdraw McGraw not withstanding) but for the nostalgia appeal.  

I'd pay about $50 US shipped.  That puts it right in line with single DVD's in Canada, price wise.

BigDumbWookiee:
I have three trilogies on DVD; one Original Trilogy, one Special Edition, and one Special Edition in DTS. I paid $30 for each trilogy, but also bought custom cases for each trilogy ($25 a piece) and custom covers for each DVD (about $2 per movie).

If these were available on official DVDs, I'd buy them in a heartbeat, absolutely no questions asked. I would never buy a bootleg of a movie currently available on the market, but would buy one to tide me over till an official release.

George is pretty adamant about the original trilogy, or the special edition NEVER coming to an official DVD. He feels that these two versions are similar to "takes" in a film, and that they are both just to get Star Wars to a new horizon. He plans on redoing the trilogy again, a final ultimate edition, which will be the only version released on DVD. I hope he changes his stance after seeing all of the petitioning for the original trilogy, but I've got my doubts.

I'd love to see a twelve disc set. 4 discs per movie: Original, SE, Final Edition, and an extras disc. I'd fork over some major bank for something like that.

Reconsgt:
I have the 5star set. For the most part I like it. I paid about $20 for the set and they are worth that I have the SE editions. They are good enough to hold me over until I find something better out there.

Virex:
-I'm for bootlegging if the official products are not available.  Case in point: I own The Indiana Jones trilogy, The Two Towers, Schindler's List, and both original Star Wars trilogies (original/SE) on DVD.  I bought the Indy DVDs before they were officially announced, and I bought TTT due to the eight-month window.

I would never buy a bootleg of something that had already been officially released.

-Again, I have both the regular versions and the Special Edition versions (Five Star) on DVD.  The regulars, I paid $29.99 for, and the Five Star SEs, I paid $35.99 for last summer through Movieshop.

-How long?  At this point, I really don't care.  The fact that the DVD format is six years old and we still don't have these films is utterly ridiculous.  But, he really appears to be keeping to his word, so I would guess that we'll see Episode III on DVD in the Fall of 2005, and then the first three sometime in the Fall of 2006.

Viva la Movieshop!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version