Author Topic: The "Final 22"  (Read 120719 times)

Offline mr director

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: The "Final 22"
« Reply #360 on: February 5, 2007, 10:52 AM »
Pickup the WM exclusives **R4-M6, Aurra Sing, Labria, Kitik, & Nabrun & Leeds** the other day.  But I still haven't seen any of the other "final 22" figures.

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 5, 2007, 01:06 PM »
The completionist in me had taken over this weekend as I picked clone repaints Appo,Elite Corp and the 442nd. I also picked up Padme but mostly for parts. This figure sucks bad. She can not stand straight on she has to be turned to the side or else she is in a very akward pose. Her stand is Empire Strikes Back.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 10, 2007, 11:06 PM »
bespin repack chewies are now clogging the pegs of targets everywhere in SJ.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 11, 2007, 08:32 AM »
Just another note regarding the typos on the back of the Darth Vader droid- my case from EE came with the misprint "Dark Vader" and the line about "new the sith lord." The one I had found in the store had Darth corrected, but not the rest.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 14, 2007, 02:32 AM »
Here's a loose pic of my two Appo figures - one with the pauldron, one without in case anyone's wondering what they look like opened up.

When the other version comes out, I know I am going to be tight on my Star Wars budget, so I plan on army building this one provided I can find them.

:P

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 15, 2007, 02:18 PM »
Got Kitik the other day, as this was the only one I wanted from the Final 22.  I thought it was great that Hasbro released this one on card after the cantina section fiasco.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 15, 2007, 07:46 PM »
Chewie am I seeing that right, did they use black joint on the ankles? like they did with the AT-TE gunner.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 15, 2007, 07:49 PM »
Nope, on mine they're dark blue.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 15, 2007, 07:52 PM »
Chewie am I seeing that right, did they use black joint on the ankles? like they did with the AT-TE gunner.

The ankle joints on all of mine are blue also.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 17, 2007, 10:09 AM »
One of my local WMs got five of the long cases earlier this week, and promptly threw the boxes themselves out so they could shove the figures onto the already Jerjerrod infested pegs.  Naturally, the "new" stuff is moving more quickly, with the Vader already back to his pre-holiday pegwarmer status.  Labria seems to be sitting longer than the others, with Aurra Sing (for some ungodly reason) and the Mace Astromech being the quicker sellers.  I wound up getting the Nabrun Lieds/Kabe two pack as I really liked the paintjob on Lieds, but Labria just flat out sucks. 

I'd really like to know who made the decision to haul that mold out of the attic and repaint it when there are several other Cantina aliens who are much more compatible with present-day aesthetics who would have been better choices (Myo, Trevagg, and Jerriko, for example).

Still no sign of Wave 9 (?) around here, though.  TRU got a couple of cases a few weeks back, but neither Target nor Wal-Mart have gotten anything.  I guess with the 30AC figures starting to show up the dreaded "end of line curse" is alive and well.  :-\

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #370 on: February 17, 2007, 11:46 AM »
I've wondered about a lot of Hasbro's repack choices this year, figs like Labria or Reikken or Poggle, and the only thing I can think of is they like to card previously uncarded figs just for the sake of including them in the line.  I'm not a carded collector, but maybe the folks that are consider the gallery of characters unbroken back to POTF2 (or whenever you started maybe) so for them and Hasbro, Labria is as good as new.  Which sucks, but it saves me money.  I would have definitely like to have seen those POTC Cantina guys again, though.  Or R3-A2.  Or...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 18, 2007, 11:35 AM »
I would have definitely like to have seen those POTC Cantina guys again, though. 

Now that would have been smart.. from our perspective.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 18, 2007, 07:12 PM »
Picked up Training Darth Maul  today with a paint error. I'll try to post a picture soon, but His chin is painted all black instead of the red with black markings.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 22, 2007, 07:15 PM »
For those interested, hasbrotoystore.com has the Barc Trooper, Appo wave in stock.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 07:16 PM by Jim »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 22, 2007, 07:37 PM »
Appo and Elite Clones are sold out.
I remember my dream now.