Author Topic: "COPS" TV Show  (Read 3320 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
"COPS" TV Show
« on: June 2, 2003, 07:48 PM »

How many other people here are addicted to this great TV show???  I get to see it four times a day, and then twice on Saturday nights.  I just can't get enough of this show.  The best shows they ever did was when the show first started, because they didn't have so many rules when videotaping crime scenes.  Case in point, the other night they showed a close-up of a dead police officer.  Now I wasn't too thrilled with seeing that, but the shows back in the day weren't as censored as they are today.
dustrho

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
Re: "COPS" TV Show
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2003, 07:59 PM »
I too enjoyed seeing the early episodes....and the ones that featured certain cities....although I haven't watched the show in a  ong time....I'm sure they still do that ;)
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2003, 08:03 PM »
The closest the COPS crew ever came to my area was in a city called Elburn, Illinois, which is only about 30-40 minutes west of me.
dustrho

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2003, 09:35 PM »
I use to watch it a lot too but not too much lately. My brother loves the show however. Probably his favorite show as he pushes to become a cop one of these days.

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 2, 2003, 09:38 PM »
I get  a kick out of "COPS".  I like to think of it as an urban survival traing series.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #5 on: June 2, 2003, 10:10 PM »
It's best when they go into people's homes on domestic violence calls.  Some of the homes are in just the best of shape.   :P
dustrho

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 3, 2003, 12:00 AM »
I watch it when I have the chance.  I usually don't get to see the newer episodes and only catch the repeats on at 3am, 11am, or 3 pm (all of the same shows).  My all time favorite epsiode was the lady who got her crack money stole after she wanted to buy it from some porsuite.  Was a really funny episode like lines like "I don't do that stuff, I'm a prosuite."  "I gave him a 20 and he gave be plaster".  The closet the show has ever gotten to me was in Pomana the city next to mine.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: June 3, 2003, 12:05 AM »
DK, that was one classic episode you're talking about!  That was actually just on the other night, so it's fresh in my head.  I couldn't believe this person who got scammed buying the drugs had the nerve to report her dilemma to the police officer.  Some people are just plain stupid.
dustrho

Offline Obi-Juan

• Youngling
  • Don't make me Pimp Smack you Vader!!!
    • View Profile
"COPS" TV Show
« Reply #8 on: June 3, 2003, 01:35 AM »
I still like it.   But I used to like it more.  Now I do that everyday at work, so it's not as cool to watch it anymore, but I do get a kick at how sloppy some east coast cops look and how some other cops have poor Officer Safety.  
Pimp-Jedi.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #9 on: June 3, 2003, 02:09 PM »
I catch Cops every once and awhile, not as often as I'd like to, though. I love how the guys run from the cops, get caught, then swear they didn't do anything.  ::)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #10 on: June 3, 2003, 02:31 PM »
I love the one gung-ho redneck feller that decided on his own free will to sleep in his car, after him and his wife had a domestic dispute.  The cops woke him up, he got out of his car, and the police started reading his rights.

The redneck was like, "Why are my rights being readed to me?"

He kept asking that over and over again, and I couldn't stop laughing outloud.  It's definitely one of the funniest episodes ever.
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 3, 2003, 02:41 PM »
I just love that show for some reason but I just can't figure out why.   ;D
Cops TV theme