Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 102519 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Thread
« Reply #345 on: January 30, 2006, 12:56 AM »
Well since the gun turret piece was just that, and not the Y-Wing, and not in the original model, I think that's a pretty big surprise...  The way they incorporated the small turret into the piece as a stand is quite nice though, so kudos.

If I were a rich man I'd have these...  The AT-AT is, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful items ever.  The Y-Wing is a definitely close runner-up though, that's sweet.  I long now even more for a Y-Wing to-scale for the SW figures.  :)  It's a ship that embodies the Alliance I think, even more than the X-Wing, and really it just sorta embodied STar Wars what with its lived in and used look to it.  It was that kind of set dressing that said that it had more story to it that you wouldn't hear about...  I like that.

I too would have preferred this with an R5 though.  Just for diversity's sake.  I hope Fine MOlds makes a nice 1/72 Y-Wing at some point.  I feel sure they'll get on it eventually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 2, 2006, 11:32 AM »

Master Replicas is addressing the "quality control" issues with the Darth Vader helmet:

"Dear Master Replicas Customer:

This letter is to provide an update to all of our customers who have ordered a Darth Vader helmet.

As you may know, Master Replicas is facing some quality issues with all editions of the Darth Vader Episode III Helmets. All shipments of the helmets have been placed on hold until these issues are resolved. This includes the Limited, Signature and Dual Signature Editions.

First, we would like to apologize for this inconvenience. We know how long many of you have been anticipating the release of this iconic prop replica. Rest assured that Master Replicas is committed to doing our best to satisfy all of our customers needs and will do whatever is necessary to rectify this problem.

Some customers may have received helmets with a small scuff mark on the top of the dome. We have thoroughly analyzed this problem and have determined that this can occur during shipping. Therefore, in order to accommodate everyone most efficiently, we are contacting everyone who has purchased a Darth Vader helmet to alert them of this potential issue.

We will be performing a 100% quality inspection of the existing stock in our warehouse. Only helmets that meet our high quality standards will be accepted and repacked properly to avoid potential damage during shipping. These will then be used as replacements for any defective helmets returned for replacement. We estimate that this inspection will take three weeks to complete, and expect to resume shipping shortly thereafter.

Additionally we have discovered that the embroidery on one of the storage bags can also scuff the helmet. This component will also be replaced for all customers.

Since the damage occurred after our inspection in the factory, there is no way to determine how many helmets were actually damaged in shipping. However, we anticipate that the inventory of quality products will accommodate all replacement requests. We will have final confirmation of the replacement inventory once our inspection is completed.

For those customers who have not yet received their helmets, please understand that all replacement requests must be processed first. We apologize for delaying your shipment further, but we are making every effort to ensure you receive the highest quality collectible possible. We will let you know in the next few weeks when helmet shipments will resume.

This replacement program is completely voluntary. However, if you are not satisfied with your helmet for any reason, Master Replicas will be delighted to provide you with a replacement or a full refund.

If you did not purchase your helmet from Master Replicas or an Authorized Retailer, we will still REPLACE your damaged helmet. We apologize that we are not able to refund your money.

If you would like a replacement for your helmet:

1. Please email darthvader@masterreplicas.com no later than Friday, February 24, 2006 to request a Replacement Authorization number. We will also provide you with complete instructions and a pre-paid return shipping label to return your helmet. Please note that we will require all of the original packaging with all of the original packing materials.

If you would like to return your helmet for a refund:

1. If you purchased your helmet directly from Master Replicas please email darthvader@masterreplicas.com no later than Friday, February 24, 2006 to request a Refund Authorization number. We will provide you with complete instructions and a pre-paid return shipping label to return your helmet. Please note that we will require all of the original packaging with all of the original packing materials. Upon receipt of your helmet, we will credit your account for the total amount charged, including shipping. This will take approximately 7-10 business days after receipt of the defective helmet.

2. If you purchased your Darth Vader Helmet from one of our Authorized Retailers, please contact them to arrange for a refund.

Once again we apologize for this inconvenience, Master Replicas will do everything in our power to remedy the situation to your satisfaction in a timely manner.

Thank You.

-The Team at Master Replicas"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 2, 2006, 01:39 PM »
Ouch, that sucks for collectors who shell out big bucks (we're talking close to $900 here).

I've also seen reports of clone trooper helmets being shipped with scuff marks, shoddy paint, etc.

Glad I don't dabble in the props arena - it's too expensive for my taste and takes up a lot of room!

(Don't get me wrong, their lightsabers kick ass - and if I were more "financially viable," I'd be all over their product offerings)!

:P
« Last Edit: February 2, 2006, 01:39 PM by ruiner »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 2, 2006, 08:08 PM »
The best email of the day!! (thanks to TK2215 from RS for the link)
Qui-Gon's lightsaber will go on sale next Tuesday at noon EST.  I love the way it is displayed.  I have been waiting for this saber for years!!  I wonder if we will crash the server?? ;)

Master Replica email
Beth

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 3, 2006, 01:38 PM »
Any word on how much CEs are gonna cost?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 5, 2006, 09:28 AM »
On MR's blog, it states the suggested retail price will be $199.  I assume online vendors will price it around $150.00.  Not a bad price, IMO, for a nice replica. 
Beth

Online Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #351 on: February 5, 2006, 11:41 AM »
It does look very cool, but I don't think I'm going to go for it.  Good luck on getting one Beth.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 5, 2006, 01:25 PM »
$150 is more than I'd spend. 

One of the dealers at our local toy show had the Vader helmet on display.  That thing is HUGE.  The light was hitting it just right as I stood looking at it and I could see the scuff on the dome and how he tried to rub/polish it out.  He played dumb when I asked him if any of his helmets came damaged since there were tons of reports about it.  As I gave more info and proved I knew what I was talking about, he realized he wasn't gonna hook me so he pointed out the scuff and said he'd heard about the problems. 

Online Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 6, 2006, 11:53 PM »
Just got home from my trip and calmly ripped into the box that had my EE Obi-Wan saber!  I got #184 out of 1250 and it looks awesome displayed with the rest of them!  ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 7, 2006, 12:37 PM »
Yah, I love the Obi-Wan EE saber. 

I almost forgot about Qui-Gon's saber today  :-[.  I had a brain-fart and right at 11:58 I realized what day it was.  I know that they don't sell out (being an LE) but I do like to get my order in right away for a chance at a low number.  So much for that idea, I guess they went up a little early.  Oh well, I used my code so it was $319.00.  Not too bad for a Master Replica saber in 2006.  Yoda's was $249.00 in 2002 and  Luke's was $299.00 (along with an additional $49.00 for the display case!!).

Beth

Online Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 7, 2006, 06:46 PM »
Sorry to hear that Beth.  At least you have one on order, I know you were looking forward to this one.  I debated last night whether or not to get one, I still have a CS coupon and could save some money, but I never got the damaged Maul saber so I can't get all the TPM sabers anyway.  It all boiled down to the fact I can live without this one.  Besides, I have to spend money on a 62 inch LCD TV and an engagement ring pretty soon.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 7, 2006, 07:59 PM »
Besides, I have to spend money on a 62 inch LCD TV and an engagement ring pretty soon.  :D

After you buy those items, you'll be lucky to have money left for one action figure!! ;)
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 7, 2006, 10:16 PM »
  Besides, I have to spend money on a 62 inch LCD TV and an engagement ring pretty soon.  :D

Just remember, if she's a modern woman, she has to buy you something worth two months salary, only fair you know. ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 12, 2006, 05:47 PM »
Yeah, it's a good thing I've pretty much stopped collecting figures.  And Brent, she does give me lots of great stuff...not necessarily material things.  ;)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 12, 2006, 09:29 PM »
Yeah don't worry, that'll end once you're married :-X

Still, you're dropping coin on something, it's only fair for her to do the same.  The other stuff is just being a good partner :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.