Author Topic: Embedded videos possible here?  (Read 3819 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Embedded videos possible here?
« on: April 4, 2007, 09:36 PM »
A couple of boards I hang out have recently upgraded to software versions which allow for videos (from YouTube or wherever) to be posted and playable directly in a forum thread post.

It's a cool feature and I was wondering if there was any way it could be implemented here at JD.

[The sites I've seen this at are DVDTalk, Home Theater Forum (both run different versions of VBulletin), and Galactic Hunter (Infopop).]
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Embedded videos possible here?
« Reply #1 on: April 5, 2007, 12:16 AM »
We'll make sure Chris takes notice of this if he doesn't on his own and see if we can get that going or not Matt.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2 on: April 5, 2007, 12:41 AM »
We'll make sure Chris takes notice of this if he doesn't on his own and see if we can get that going or not Matt.

Who's "Chris?"
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: April 5, 2007, 01:03 AM »
It's what we call the automated software update system...  Like what's the name of the computer in 2001?  It's like that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #4 on: April 5, 2007, 02:37 AM »
It's what we call the automated software update system...  Like what's the name of the computer in 2001?  It's like that.

Oh, that Chris.

Gotcha.