Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 151606 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #840 on: February 23, 2004, 01:44 PM »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #841 on: February 23, 2004, 01:59 PM »
Yeah, I knew there were 2 Fett chase, but we'll see.  My hunting list is huge enough to almost preclude continuing.  

I think the real motivation behind R2 was simply that bulky blocky didn't have it yet, so I can gloat :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #842 on: February 23, 2004, 02:02 PM »
Yeah I've noticed Ole BB hasn't chimed in yet :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #843 on: February 23, 2004, 02:05 PM »
Maybe he has to wear the right sweater to reply!  ;D
Be afraid, be very afraid!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #844 on: February 23, 2004, 02:49 PM »
You guys all suck.  Especially Scott, Dale, and Brent (and soon Adam).

How dare you get the Droids R2 without me?!?  ::)  And the first person who replies with "you snooze, you lose" is gonna get slapped!   >:(

And I'll have you know, I'm wearing an entirely different sweater today, thank you very much!  Much more form fitting...   :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #845 on: February 23, 2004, 02:54 PM »
And the first person who replies with "you snooze, you lose" is gonna get slapped!   >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #846 on: February 23, 2004, 03:16 PM »
Hmm, what did Dale say to me in a PM....

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #847 on: February 23, 2004, 03:21 PM »
Was it you snooze you lose?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #848 on: February 23, 2004, 03:26 PM »
 :-X   ;D  

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #849 on: February 23, 2004, 05:02 PM »
Damn, your King leaves the throne for less than 24 hours to go work, and already hell is breaking loose in his kingdom...   ;D

Soon I too will have R2, but I'm concerned not at the price you guys are paying. I put in a fierce bid... Oh well, **** happens
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #850 on: February 23, 2004, 11:13 PM »
I have a question here for everyone.  There are 2004 pieces of the Droids R2 Kubrick right?  So that would make it 20 times more common than a carded Fett.  If a carded Fett goes between $400-500, why are the only three R2's on ebay all already over $100.00?  In fact one is already over $150.00.  I really hope it's the newness factor and everyone is scared they won't get one.  If this trend continues I can kiss my chances goodbye of getting one.  I had the chance to do the $96.88 BIN same as everyone here, but I still thought that was a little high.  Now I fear the next ones that go up for auction the seller's will start them out even higher.   :'(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #851 on: February 23, 2004, 11:38 PM »
I don't really know what will happen.  But since tweedle dee and tweedle dum bought them at that price, I feared the third wouldn't last long and you wouldn't see too many BINs at that price, at least for a while.  I suppose that makes me tweedle dumber but for a bit, that should probably set the minimum BIN sellers will go with, since three of us were silly enough.

I think 2004 pieces is an awfully small toy run.  Toy Fair Vader was in the neighbourhood of 10, 000 and it seems to have settled at a fairly hefty price.  Granted, it's a basic figure and a Vader, both giving it greater popularity than a Kubrick, but....

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #852 on: February 23, 2004, 11:46 PM »
I'm thinking around Carded Luke here which started $100+, I'm not ashamed or mad at what I paid, I thought it was more than reasonable.  We'll see...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #853 on: February 23, 2004, 11:58 PM »
I had the chance to do the $96.88 BIN same as everyone here...

Not true Jon.  Some of us way out West were still sleeping at that time...   >:(   :P

I think 2004 pieces is an awfully small toy run.  Toy Fair Vader was in the neighbourhood of 10, 000 and it seems to have settled at a fairly hefty price...

Not sure where you heard that 10,000 number on the TF Vader Brent, but everything I've ever heard on that piece was around the 2,000 - 5,000 range, tops...

I tend to think it'll fall somewhere along the lines of the carded Luke probably.  Sure, some folks will be turned off and uninterested because it's of the vintage "Droids" variety, but at the same time, it's attracting a lot of interest from the vintage collectors who don't necessarily even collect the Kubrick figures usually...  I'm sure my patience will be rewarded on this one.  All you impatient nuts may get the jump on me here, but I'm going to have a little extra money in my pocket (and the R2) when all is said and done...   :-*

(I hope)...  :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #854 on: February 24, 2004, 01:01 AM »
Honestly Matt, I don't remember where that number came from.  Possibly an old Toyfare magazine, a board somewhere.  It's completely unverified.  

Still, given that TFV is in the same production number run, I'm not so inclined to say it will go down.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not back pedalling here, I'm happy I bought it (but I shouldn't have financially).  

With it being a Kubrick (interest increasing) and being a Droids take off (relatively uncommon, only obscure collecting folks know about that line) and the vintage folks having an interest (oh-oh) I think the numbers will pay off for the tweedle-whatevers.  

I hope you save some coin, but I don't like the odds.