Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 204893 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #645 on: July 19, 2005, 04:03 PM »
After Star Wars in 30 minutes I can't read It's a Trap! without bursting into laughter :D  So thanks for the Dr. Pepper on the screen. 

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #646 on: July 19, 2005, 08:47 PM »
Holy ****, 2 Master Cases!  :o

I sure hope your not trying to get a complete set incuding the chases with 2 cases then be stuck with all the extras.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #647 on: July 19, 2005, 11:00 PM »
I got my box from HLJ today, no chases :-[.

What was I thinking I should have ordered a master case, silly me.  I'm determined to top Jesse - I am going to order three master cases of series 5 = not. 

The next wave does not appeal to me as much as wave 4.  IMO wave 1 & 4 were the best waves for detail in the figures.

DBK
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 09:53 AM by DaBigKahuna »

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #648 on: July 19, 2005, 11:46 PM »
i jst opened my cases.. got the han variants..

got the rah vader too.. wow.. it's brilliant! i gotta go find a display case for it now.. it'll be a waste of money to keep him in the box..

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #649 on: July 20, 2005, 08:48 AM »
yujun, did you mark down the placement boxes and the figures?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #650 on: July 20, 2005, 11:11 AM »
Well, as a follow up to my story:

The Dude and his two friends (in Japan) opened up 3 Master Cases between them.  I thought I was getting one of the Master Cases they ordered and they were spiltting the other two, but that was not the case (obviously). 

It sounds like what I got was 3 non-chase boxes (they opened the boxes to see which had the chase by the order of the individual boxes in the box of 12) and then one box that was re-assembled after the chases were pulled out.  He feels bad about the situation and he still claims that it really was just a language barrier misunderstanding that led to me getting what I got. 

Looking back through the e-mails, I did notice that the word "sealed" disappeared after the first few exchanges and his final message did say "factory master case".  I guess I just assumed "factory master case" still meant "sealed master case" like it did earlier in the e-mails and not 4 searched boxes put back into the "factory master case" for shipping.  Yeah, it's hard to believe but he claims that what he thought I really wanted was the Kubrick Cardboard Master Carton (like someone buys a master case from Asia just for the cardboard box  ::)). 

Regardless of whether I believe him or not, he isn't selling any of the chases on eBay and hasn't in the past for that matter.  I've had a couple of other deals with him in the past for stuff (he got me an Eopie during Episode 1 and a few other HTF things for cost on two other occasions) and I have always been treated fairly by him on shipping costs and things like that in the past.

I'll just chalk it up to a bad case of buyer beware and I guess I avoid dealing with him in the future.   :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #651 on: July 20, 2005, 11:27 AM »
oh ya.. i didnt take down the exact placements.. but i think it was mentioned b4 in the previous posts.. cause i took it down and went for those boxes and found them instantly..

took one han and the vader luke..  but exchanged the han for a luke later..

customise my own han and it looks like the authentic one.. han is easier to do because u can get han's head easier.. luke's one can only be found in the earlier bird or carded set or the series 4 basic set..

however, i'm more excited abt my rah vader..  ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #652 on: July 20, 2005, 11:55 AM »
Well I just checked my staus on my Master Case through Canada Post about 15 minutes ago and it came up as Vancouver, BC. International item has been sent to Canadian Customs for processing.

So I go outside and relaxe with a cigar then low and behold, a postal truck pulls up. The driver gets out with a fair size box which I reconize immediately.     

It Has Arrived!

Ha, ha... parcel was not opened by customs and I was only charged $14.70 for duty.

Stay tuned folks as I open the parcel and hope it's a Master Case and not a repack. My heart is pounding with excitement.  ;D

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 5
« Reply #653 on: July 20, 2005, 11:56 AM »
Well, as a follow up to my story:

The Dude and his two friends (in Japan) opened up 3 Master Cases between them.  I thought I was getting one of the Master Cases they ordered and they were spiltting the other two, but that was not the case (obviously). 

It sounds like what I got was 3 non-chase boxes (they opened the boxes to see which had the chase by the order of the individual boxes in the box of 12) and then one box that was re-assembled after the chases were pulled out.  He feels bad about the situation and he still claims that it really was just a language barrier misunderstanding that led to me getting what I got. 

Looking back through the e-mails, I did notice that the word "sealed" disappeared after the first few exchanges and his final message did say "factory master case".  I guess I just assumed "factory master case" still meant "sealed master case" like it did earlier in the e-mails and not 4 searched boxes put back into the "factory master case" for shipping.  Yeah, it's hard to believe but he claims that what he thought I really wanted was the Kubrick Cardboard Master Carton (like someone buys a master case from Asia just for the cardboard box  ::)). 

Regardless of whether I believe him or not, he isn't selling any of the chases on eBay and hasn't in the past for that matter.  I've had a couple of other deals with him in the past for stuff (he got me an Eopie during Episode 1 and a few other HTF things for cost on two other occasions) and I have always been treated fairly by him on shipping costs and things like that in the past.

I'll just chalk it up to a bad case of buyer beware and I guess I avoid dealing with him in the future.   :(

Did the seller replace the chase figures with other non chase figures? I mean did you get the full 48 figures with no chases?

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #654 on: July 20, 2005, 11:56 AM »
GD LUCK!!!  ;D

i understand how u feel.. i felt that yesterday..

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #655 on: July 20, 2005, 12:04 PM »
I'm taking some pictures as I go.  :)

Oh ****!  It's not packed the same as the last time and like the others posted, looks like a repack!  :'(

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #656 on: July 20, 2005, 12:07 PM »
why is ur master case different??!?

mm.. u better start opening and check..

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
Series 5
« Reply #657 on: July 20, 2005, 12:14 PM »
I'm taking some pictures as I go.  :)

Well, glad it arrived, but *crap*!  Is that repacked with non-chase cases??!?!?!
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #658 on: July 20, 2005, 12:16 PM »
i think its either repacked or they take random boxes of 12 from other master cases and send u..

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #659 on: July 20, 2005, 12:21 PM »
why is ur master case different??!?

mm.. u better start opening and check..

Oh ****!  It's not packed the same as the last time and like the others posted, looks like a repack!  :'(

I took the top 2 boxes out, this is the 2nd level.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 box is sealed, the bottom of the other 3 boxes are opened. The glue has come undone!  :'(

My Master Case is a ******* Repack!  >:(

Ahhhhhhh ****! Good thing I can preview my post before I enter it. I think they repacked my order with loose boxes. I'm not sure if any chases were taken out Matt. You could be right yujun. :-\

I'm going to take a small breather outside and chomp on my cigar.

Matt, I stand by my word that you will get a sealed box, I will only touch the boxes that the glue has come undone.

I'll be back in a bit, taking a break.