Author Topic: Series 8  (Read 145365 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Series 8
« Reply #180 on: June 23, 2007, 09:05 AM »
Can't say I'm happy with this news.  I'd much rather have seen Jeff's dream (literally) wave.  If anything, I guess I save some money and can track down some of my missing pieces - the speederbike / biker scout and the snowtrooper 5 pack being the two big pieces missing.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 23, 2007, 09:50 AM »

Series 8
Battle Droid
Darth Maul (No robe)
Anakin (Pod Racer)
Queen Amidala (Formal Outfit)
Qui-Gon
C-3PO (TPM Version)

There were a heap of others which I'll pop into the appropriate threads.

Simon

So much for a Hoth wave eh?
Oh well.
Nothing Medicom does surprises me.
But I would have rathered more original stuff.
Don't like the new films as much.

I was on the fence as far as weather I was going to keep buying a MC for myself on top of splitting a case with my friends, but this made that choice easy.
I'll stick with just splitting a case with my friends and pass on a MC.
I still like Star Wars and Kubricks enough that I will want some of these, but it does not hold the weight the original Trilogy does.
Its a shame, they had so many cool ones to make.
I'm sure we will see a few, but nothing compared to making entire Series.
Unless they decide to release em along side the New ones.
But it does not look that way since they are dubbed Series 8 & 9.

So much for Unbreakable...here comes a Jar Jar 1:96.
I called that a long time ago.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #182 on: June 23, 2007, 10:04 AM »
I am think Jar Jar will be the chase as well. At least one of them. I can see them making an OT character the chase too in hopes of keeping the OT buyers.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 23, 2007, 12:14 PM »
I think the figure choices are nice for PT stuff, but I'm just not so keen on this stuff, so I'll wait it out.  I'm not saying I won't get the figures, but I won't be ordering cases or box sets and I sure won't be paying initial high prices for anything.  I'll wait until I can get a set for maybe $40 or so and then buy it. 

My feeling is these won't sell as well at all, though I could be off by 180 o  Still, I just can't see the hardcore vintage Kubrick crowd being pleased by this news and that's been driving the sales, hasn't it? 

As for a Jar-Jar chase >:( ::)  I'm sure you guys are right, but you know my theory on Ewoks and Jar-Jar, so there's your reward, Ewok lovers. :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 23, 2007, 01:12 PM »
I'm on the fence with these. Not something I really wanted to see from Medicom & not in a rush to get them if I ever do.

I am think Jar Jar will be the chase as well. At least one of them. I can see them making an OT character the chase too in hopes of keeping the OT buyers.

A Jar Jar chase or even a kub of him is just not right.  :-\

Yeah, I can also see them adding a OT character just to wet our tongues.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 23, 2007, 05:56 PM »
Haven't post here in ages, but I thought you would like to know the new SW Kub scoop from the Parco Exhibition. The vintage die-hards are not going to like this news, but personally I think the looked cool if you look at it for a character design perspective and I;ll still be collecting them.

Series 8
Battle Droid
Darth Maul (No robe)
Anakin (Pod Racer)
Queen Amidala (Formal Outfit)
Qui-Gon
C-3PO (TPM Version)

There were a heap of others which I'll pop into the appropriate threads.

Simon

WOW...there isn't a character in this wave that I really want.  Maybe Maul or Qui-Gon, but that's a maybe at best.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2007, 06:14 PM »
I am actually looking forward to a qui-gon kubrick.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2007, 09:23 PM »
Maul in kubrick form will be ok- I just don't know where they (PT bricks) fit in to the collection at this point, as I have moved further and further toward an OT focus and cleared out so much stuff in general. If I can't come up with a plan for displaying it, I probably won't buy it- I have become very anti-buy-something-to-put-in-a-box-and-rarely/if ever-see-it-collecting.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2007, 10:17 PM »
I have become very anti-buy-something-to-put-in-a-box-and-rarely/if ever-see-it-collecting.

:-X

That's exactly how I exist these days. 

I'll pick these up down the road, once the market cools considerably.  Definitely not ordering a case or even a box for series 8/9.  Hoping series 10 next year is a return to OT, but they might do Episode III first :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 23, 2007, 11:19 PM »
If they add an OT chase, this will drive the price up for those that are trying to acquire it.  :-\

I won't be ordering a MC on these let alone a box. I'll finish off on what I need & hope for he best, I have alot of single display cases looking for new hosts.  :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2007, 04:25 AM »
Thanks for all the news Simon!

As for Medicom finally delving into the Prequels here, I guess it's the dreaded news we've all been hoping never to hear, but fully expected to at some point.  I'm obviously disappointed that this probably means the OT is going to be taking a serious back seat for a while.  In all likelihood, I'm going to pass on the Prequel Kubricks altogether.  I'm already at wit's end with all the crazy carded stuff and high-priced chases these days, and these Prequel figures are probably going to push me over the edge and make me seriously alter my collecting habits with Kubricks.

I may just go with OT movie figures from now on, and forget all this Shadowtrooper and Uzay stuff.  It's really starting to stretch the line too thin, IMO.  It was fun to have the Droids R2 and Fett in there, and the 3PO, but I think that was enough for now.  I'm all about the OT, so if Medicom is moving away from that trilogy now, it's just gonna mean more money in my pocket to spend elsewhere, I guess.

Sure, the Prequel Kubricks will probably look just as cool as the OT ones, but they just don't do much for me.  I'm sure once I see them, I'll be tempted to cave in.  But I think ultimately I'll be able to hold out on this stuff and wait for the OT stuff to show up again at some point down the line (hopefully).  Otherwise, I guess I can finally focus on catching up on some of the chases I'm still missing...

Gotta agree with the guesses in here that it looks like Jar Jar's probably gonna be a chase.  Ugh.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #191 on: June 25, 2007, 09:49 AM »
I am really surprised no pics has got out yet.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #192 on: June 25, 2007, 12:00 PM »
I'll wait until I can get a set for maybe $40 or so and then buy it. 

I'll finish off on what I need & hope for he best

[note to self]sell Brent/Dale extras from my Master Cases[/note to self]  ;)

I will still be buying.  Maybe my next mega-order won't be 7 Master Cases, but I'll still be buying.  I loves me some Kubricks, and even Prequel Trilogy stuff can't break my jones for new Kubies.  Maybe I won't be so hard-core with prequel chases, but I'll still end up with the regulars for sure.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #193 on: June 25, 2007, 01:03 PM »
Add to note... Dk2K4 wanna some too !

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 25, 2007, 01:04 PM »

[note to self]sell Brent/Dale extras from my Master Cases[/note to self]  ;)

Whore.   :-X

Did I say $40?  I meant $30.