Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 298851 times)

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2007, 10:00 AM »
I finally picked up one of each version of the Cantina Band guys to go with my Max Rebo Set.   They haven't made any more of the musicians have they?

Jeff
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2007, 12:06 PM »
As I understand it, there were only those two versions, but each one comes with three instruments.  You could end up buying 4 more to make the complete Modal Nodes band.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2007, 06:32 AM »
Not new acquisitions as much as newly freed...

I finally got around to getting holo Leia and Droid's Fett off of their cards.

I had heard somwhere on these boards that ironing on the back of the card (with a towel in between) would loosen the glue and allow you to pull the bubble off- Well I tried that for about 20 minutes, but the plastic just off of the cardback became very weak and brittle, while the glue held strong. Not a big deal but I thought it was worth a try-

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 2, 2007, 10:09 PM »
I've been busy....

I've picked up both TRU Sets on eBay
Series 1 from Padawan
Series 5 and 7 from Dan
Several miscellanous Kubes from I am Sith, JesseVader, and eBay.

I've been collecting about, um, 2 weeks and I'm in for $400 plus  ;D

I received a ton of Kubies today and I just love them.  I'm ordering some display cases and I've even got permission  ::) Gasp  ::) to display them in my basement.  I promise pictures soon.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 9, 2007, 01:25 PM »
I got my 400% Boba Fett in the mail last night.  He is awesome!  I can't believe that it only took 2 days for me to receive him from Hong Kong!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 9, 2007, 01:43 PM »
Bought an extra full Series 7 set, Gammorean Guard, and a Shadow Stormtrooper.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2007, 10:53 PM »
Bought some extra Kubes from Dan and some TIE fighter pilots on ebay that I'm going to possibly use for custom purposes, and got the Toys R Us set #1 from Padawan.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2007, 08:20 AM »
Picked up the Series 3 Chase Hibernation Sickness Han, an extra Series 3 Jawa, Series 3 & 4 Marvel Kubricks, Marvel Chase Series 2 Nightcrawler, and the Batman DC Direct box set.  Not sure if anyone gives a rat's a$$ about the Marvel and Batman bricks, but figured I'd report them anyway  :)

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2007, 01:40 AM »
Picked up the Series 3 Chase Hibernation Sickness Han, an extra Series 3 Jawa, Series 3 & 4 Marvel Kubricks, Marvel Chase Series 2 Nightcrawler, and the Batman DC Direct box set.  Not sure if anyone gives a rat's a$$ about the Marvel and Batman bricks, but figured I'd report them anyway  :)

I like allot of other Kubricks.
The Alien Kubricks rock.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2007, 02:15 PM »
Picked up another Series 3 Hibernation Sickness Han for BrentS, Series 2 White Pauldron Sandtrooper, 2-1B, and Marvel Daredevil (movie version).  So I'm done with all the 'common' chases, I have to start obtaining the rare chases and carded figures.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2007, 03:07 PM »
Just picked up the Droids C-3PO and B-Wing pilot figures from the mail away box set.  Now I just need the Luke/Yoda and Snowtrooper... Should be easy, right?! ;)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2007, 03:50 PM »
I got my 400% Luke in the mail today.  I love him... although I've got a question.  Is his helmet supposed to fit?  I could only get it about 2/3 of the way down and I didn't want to push more.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2007, 02:47 AM »
Mine was a really snug fit and I was initially scared to push it on all the way too.  But I did without any damage to the paint and was still able to get the helmet off.

Offline SaaiBork

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2007, 06:00 AM »
I think the trick is to let the air escape from the helmet while putting it on or taking it off. I was struggling with this too on the 400% stormtrooper. If you tilt the helmet while putting it on it all goes much easier. However, I have not tried this with Boba Fett.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 06:02 AM by SaaiBork »

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2007, 01:35 PM »
Loose Jorg Sacul and another snowtrooper arrived today!   :)