Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 300800 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #315 on: December 3, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Ended up overpaying for the Padme Amidala from the 2008 Collector's Club set, however that's one more figure from that set than I had yesterday, so I can't complain too much.  1 down, 4 to go...

Picked up the Jango Fett and the TC-14 figures from the 2008 Collector's Club recently.  3 down, 2 to go...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 4, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Just arrived this week a 70% clear Be@rbrick I ordered from cdjapan for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Special Collectors DVD Edition.

Picked up one of these off the bay today.  Only the second one I've come across being auctioned off...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #317 on: December 10, 2008, 01:56 AM »
Got these guys a few days ago. They were one of the few main series Kubricks I didn't have. I wanted them, but never found a good deal -- series 3 seems to be the hardest to find for whatever reason. I particularly wanted a C-3PO because I have the Sideshow life-sized droids coming early next year and I figured I should have them both in Kubrick form. Anyway, I got them while the Live.com ebay discount was at 30%, which brought the price down from "obscene" to merely "ridiculous."  ;D I'm keeping Han in carbonite bagged since I already have one that I got for $3 or $4 in Japan when I was there.

I just have a couple of the bounty hunters left and I will have all the normal series SW kubricks.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 02:02 AM by icruise »

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 10, 2008, 05:57 PM »
My Blue Stars Snowtrooper came in the mail yesterday from an ebay win.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 10:16 PM by Outkast34 »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #319 on: December 11, 2008, 08:39 PM »
I finally got my carded Greedo today. It sure is a nice piece. I just wish these buggers didn't have to be so damned expensive. I'd love to pick up a few more but I don't think I can spare the dough.
"This is the way."

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 16, 2008, 09:33 AM »
Picked up a complete set of Series 2 carded figures last night.  The auction showed the figures outside of the display box, but the description stated that it comes with it.  I'm not confident that it will though.  I don't care either way, I just want them to come in good shape so I can display them.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 17, 2008, 11:22 AM »
Picked up the carded Droids Fett and the Aliens Powerloader boxed set today on ebay.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 2, 2009, 07:15 PM »
Picked up a complete set of Series 2 carded figures last night.  The auction showed the figures outside of the display box, but the description stated that it comes with it.  I'm not confident that it will though.  I don't care either way, I just want them to come in good shape so I can display them.

I'm happy to report that my carded Series 2 figures arrived today.  They didn't have the display box as I originally thought, but there were in perfect minty-mint condition!  Can't wait to get more Oscar cases to display them.

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 2, 2009, 07:25 PM »
Sweet, congrats. After my experience with Series 1 I'm glad yours came okay. Bummer about the display not being with it. The chance of cards getting damaged and the lack of the display has prevented me from getting Series 2 like that.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 5, 2009, 01:22 PM »
Picked up this today on the bay.  First one I saw that was less than $20 shipped.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 10, 2009, 01:32 PM »
Picked up the carded Shadow Stormtrooper last night.  I always had a loose one, but finally picked up the carded version.  Also bought 9 Oscar cases to house my recent carded Kubrick purchases.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 20, 2009, 01:45 PM »
Got the Ewok Be@rbrick 5-pack from Morgbug (thanks again!) and purchased the Series 1 chase Boba Fett (ROTJ gauntlets).  This closes the book on Series 1 for me, finally.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:12 AM by I Am Sith »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 21, 2009, 09:08 AM »
Was the ROTJ Fett the one with the bin for $80.? If so, great deal.  8)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 21, 2009, 11:12 AM »
Was the ROTJ Fett the one with the bin for $80.? If so, great deal.  8)

Yep, that was the one.  He had it up for $85 + $6 shipping and it didn't sell.  He re-listed it for $80+$6 and I asked if he would take $80 shipped.  He took the deal and adjusted the auction to account for free shipping.  I was quite pleased.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 21, 2009, 11:32 AM »
Pleased indeed, nothing like completing the series & getting a sweet deal to boot. Congrats man.  :)