Lots of assumptions up there.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: 24
« Reply #316 on: January 26, 2010, 12:52 PM »
Last night's episode was pretty good. I really like Renee's tortured character - quite a change from her gun shy, reserved portrayal last season.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 26, 2010, 12:55 PM »
Starbuck and her hillbilly boyfriend have to go.  Other than that, I've been enjoying the season so far.

And bad ass bad girl Renee gives me the hot...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #318 on: January 26, 2010, 01:04 PM »
It doesn't say much for the "New" CTU's due diligence in performing background checks for its employees. Who can't get a job there?

And I agree, she and that storyline need to go away.

Anyone hope for a return of Agent Pierce or Black Jack (Curtis) to join Jack to save the day?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 26, 2010, 01:20 PM »

Anyone hope for a return of Agent Pierce or Black Jack (Curtis) to join Jack to save the day?

Curtis is dead, shot by Jack in season 6 I believe.  I don't know for certain if Pierce will show up, but it's almost guaranteed.  Other than Jack, he's the only character to appear in each season.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 26, 2010, 08:11 PM »
I haven't watched 24 this season... figured enough was enough with the same thing happening over and over again.  But I came across this interesting analysis at http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/100126&sportCat=nfl

"In the first season, in 2001, Jack was a highly successful federal agent with a 15-year-old daughter. Although Jack's age was never stated, he had to be at least 40. He was a college graduate who had received his master's in criminology, then joined the U.S. Army, reaching the rank of captain in the prestigious Delta Squad. After the Army, he worked for Los Angeles SWAT team, then joined the CIA in its clandestine wing. After this, he was recruited to the CTU, the mysterious agency where Jack toils when the series begins. Jack had to be 40 when the series began.

"Let's assume 43. Here is where the time line gets tough. Season 2 was 18 months after season 1, making Jack 44-45. Season 3 was three years after season 2, making Jack about 47-48. Season 4 was 18 months after season 3, making Jack about 50. Season 5 was 18 months after season 4, making Jack about 52. Season 6 was 20 months after season 5, making Jack about 54. 24-Redemption, a two-hour movie that supposedly tied things together, was four years after season 6, making Jack about 58. Season 7, happening shortly after Redemption, still has Jack at around 58. Season 8, looks to be two-three years after season 8, because Jack's grand-daughter is seen having conversations with him, making Jack around 60 years [old]. He's quite spry for 60! Also, add up the years and it is now 2014 in the series. Maybe that explains all the CTU super-technology that does not seem to exist in our reality."

Well, its not like that's the most unbelievable part of 24.  How many times has Jack already died??

I'm still loving this show.  I'll be sad when Jack finally hangs them up for good.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 26, 2010, 09:12 PM »
This is the first season I haven't watched since 04 on a regular basis, but I found my VCR remote a couple weeks ago so I guess I have a marathon to run through if I'm going to hang on to this show.  I caught some of last night's episode and I guess that CIA/FBI chick is psycho now so that's good news.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 24, 2010, 03:45 PM »
Starbuck and her hillbilly boyfriend have to go.  Other than that, I've been enjoying the season so far.

Thankfully that plotline is done. Hopefully, they can leave it as an unsolved murder in a park and not be brought up for the rest of the day.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #323 on: March 9, 2010, 09:50 AM »
Anyone catch 24 last night? That was one of the best deaths in the entire series.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 9, 2010, 10:45 AM »
Nothin' left of that poor bastard.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 9, 2010, 01:16 PM »
Bucket and sponge.  All the cleaning supplies needed for that guy.

Also, mole #4,582 uncovered last night, setting a record for the most overused plot device by one series.  24 now holds the record for most moles uncovered in an episode, season and series.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 9, 2010, 03:00 PM »
Weak episode last night.  What's the dealio with the stapler guy from Office Space?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 9, 2010, 03:44 PM »
Weak episode last night.  What's the dealio with the stapler guy from Office Space?

I'm glad I gave up on this show.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #328 on: March 22, 2010, 10:58 PM »
Also, mole #4,582 uncovered last night, setting a record for the most overused plot device by one series.  24 now holds the record for most moles uncovered in an episode, season and series.

E...

Mole #4,583 revealed tonight  ::) Someone definitely needs to kill that bitch.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 10:58 PM by Jayson »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 22, 2010, 11:24 PM »
Mole #4,583 revealed tonight  ::) Someone definitely needs to kill that bitch.

Hmm, maybe the writers are thinking that moles in CTU is an easter egg nod, like Jango bumping his head on a lower door. Fifty years later people will watch and wonder which character is the mole?

But seriously, Dana's working for the IRK? How did she go from prison in Arkansas to terrorist? Is she sleeping with the main guy?