Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 138180 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Figures Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 12:57 PM »
Yes, that snowtrooper skirt looks lame.  They just insist on making something soft goods with this line.  All I can think of is maybe they wanted us to put the legs in crazy positions and the plastic would hinder it?  I don't know? 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 01:22 PM »
Sign me up for two sets. I like them all, even Bossk. I thought he couldn't get any better in 97, and again in 2004, so this one might surprise me yet.
IG-88 looks awesome.
I expected the Endor Leia, and based on the pic, I'm not disappointed.
I'm not exactly thrilled to see another army builder in one of the vintage lines, but depending on distribution, I might get a couple of the Snowtroooper, as long as he doesn't have a removable helmet.
Hopefully there will be a way to put the hood up on Hoth Han, but I like it so far.
My favorite is easily Bespin Luke. Been waiting for this guy since they started doing SA on Star Wars figures.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 01:42 PM »
That's it...I'm collecting again.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 01:45 PM »
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!  As if '07 wasn't going to be expensive enough. 

Han-after seeing what happened with Endor Han this'll probably wind up on clearance as well.  I was hoping for a Bespin version but this is still cool.

Luke-very solid indeed.  I was fearing that if they did this they'd pull a Leia's collection/Endor Han and give him soft goods jacket with nude arms underneath and maybe interchangable hands.  Definately glad they didn't go that route.  I'll probably get 3 of these 2 for customs.

Leia-another clearance.  Depending on what's she got goin' on underneath  :wink: I might get a couple to fill in the ranks of female rebel officers.

Bossk-well on the fence with this one.  he's cool know doubt, but after what happened with Greedo in the VTSC I don't know.  He definately looks better then Greedo but Bossk also had less screen time.

IG-88- I really have been wondering how  and if they could pull off the articulation on him.  From the looks I'd give him a 10.  Excellent work Hasbro.

Snowtrooper- Imperial Marine is what I like to call him after ROTS.  Total goodness.  Not a fan of soft goods but definatley able to over look this.  Just trying to figure out how hasbro will re-release him later down the line, i.e. what changes they'll make to him for a cheaper price.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 01:55 PM »
Like a lot of you, I'm in for two sets (one to open, one to keep carded).

Unfortunately, we have another $10 army builder - but he's so choice, how can you not buy a bunch of them?

I was skeptical on IG-88 when he was first rumored months ago, but now I'm a believer - he looks pretty damn cool with all that detail.

Bossk on the other hand was one I think we could've lived without - his earlier Saga version is pretty good by my standards.  I think one bounty hunter per wave is sufficient.  He suffers from the Greedo dilemma - he'll be a nice figure in the end, but is he really needed?

As well, you can't go wrong with Han or Luke - they are iconic characters/outfits so they should do well. 

Leia on the other hand, I don't know about.  We'll have to wait and see - soft goods are sooo hard to pull off correctly.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 01:58 PM »
Hopefully those legs on IG-88 will "stand" ::) the test of time.

Those spindly suckers have battle-droid-flimsy-leg-syndrome written all over them!
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 01:59 PM »
Yeah, it's nice they did Bossk, but I don't know if he belonged in the vintage category.  I suppose he's about the most recognizable minor character after Boba Fett from ESB though, plus someone at Hasbro really, really likes him, since they do him in every concievale incarnation.

I'll get a carded and loose set, and depending on how the Snowtrooper turns out, definitely a few of those.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 03:55 PM »
I think the Snowtrooper just needs some posing or attention from someone who has seen the movie.

I will not be writing him off until we see pics from Toy Fair.  If he is still lame looking or can't be helped at that point, then I will only buy a dozen.  That will show Hasbro....

I am stoked by this wave to the point that I'll order 2 cases (as I always do with Vintage) and buy the army builders one a time as I find them.

Here is why I think the skirt may be on wrong....no pouches...

Thanks to Wookipedia for the image.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 03:57 PM by Paul »

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 04:10 PM »
You'll notice, however, that pouches do appear to be under the skirt. These pictures all have a bit of a hard copy feel to them, so I'm guessing that the skirt is simply out of place right now.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline mr director

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2007, 04:21 PM »
All in all, I just started collecting last year's VTSC and do not have the ones from a few years back, but by the look of these I will continues to get them.  Especially Han and Snowtrooper.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2007, 06:08 PM »
Ig-88 looks the best for me. I enjoy him the best.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2007, 07:25 PM »
Sign me up for one of each and as many Snowtroopers as I can get my hands on! Luke, Leia, and Han are great, and a breath of fresh air after all the crappy versions of each we've had to buy over the years. IG-88 and Bossk are cool and will mix in fine with the other Bounty Hunters.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2007, 07:54 PM »
the snowtrooper doesnt look too great, bossk is the best by far, leia very welcome, luke its about time, ig88 sign me up for 6, and han looks pretty cool.  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 09:23 PM »
If he is still lame looking or can't be helped at that point, then I will only buy a dozen.  That will show Hasbro....

Hah!  I can't stop laughing at that.  :D

Again my random thoughts on the fumbuck of images we got today...  Big Ups to Jeff for some seriously kickass work too.

-Han...  Outstanding and perhaps my favorite of the figures pictured, and that says a TON...  I'm curious if we're going to get a snap-on hood-up or if that's something being reserved for a second release of the figure?  And where's Scott's post about the color?  I want a color debate god dammit!  I want to see a fight over this that even Hasbro acknowledges due to the epic scale of it!

Super articulation, well hidden too at the ankles, lots of "bulk" to the figure, great sculpt, and a fantastic likeness...  The color loosk blue-ish to me int he photo...  I'm a brown guy.   ;)

-Luke...  Love it.  I've hated old Tumorback Luke since 2002...  SA, lots of detail, I'm happy...  I just hope the legs aren't awkwardly spread apart.  That's a fear on many figures this year I think and Luke, I dunno about yet.

-Bossk...  Why do I love Trandoshans?  Because they gets alllllllllllllllllllll da ladies.  Jockin' the Wookiees and slappin' the ho's, that' livin' Trandoshan style.  OK, now that I have that weirdness out of the way, I love this figure...  I love Bossk in general despite others complaining we already got him twice.  This figure is amazing and I'm excited to pick him up.  I keep winding up with more and more Trandoshan fodder though because of new versions.  ::)

-IG-88...  I can't tell WHAT articulation is on this figure, but if I judged a figure by just aesthetics, this is a thing of beauty.  I see his bitchin' knife and I hope it's a removable accessory too...  Both blasters, I'm thinking he has super articulation by some miracle...  Outstanding if that's the case Hasbro...  Now prove to me this figure's super poseable and I'm gonna be completely happy...  Till then, it's probably the best sculpt of any figure in a long time in terms of intricate details.

-Endor Leia...  Tough to judge because of the poncho of course.  The poncho's sharp, as it was on Luke, SA of course, and a nice little pistol (first accurate leia gun sculpt ever I believe).  Tough to judge is all, but I expect good things.  I think people will bemoan her visible joints...  To get SA Leia's I'm willing to trade some of the aesthetic then.

-Snowtrooper...  THis one's tricky for me to judge...  Does anyone else feel like his thighs look spread apart awkwardly and like this one might be a pain to pose?  I hope this isn't the case and that the picture just doesn't do the figure justic...  I'm not terribly concerned on the skirt piece, as I agree these look like early prototypes and not production level stuff...  I agree though that I hope we see pouches on the outside there Paul, where they should be. 

Does he look to have a removable helmet with a cloth facemask?  I can't tell but that's somethign I always have wanted on a new SA Snowtrooper figure and I can almost tell myself that's what I see but I'm just not sure.  Either way it's a sharp sculpt, I just hope they didn't try to pre-pose those legs at all by making them awkwardly spread apart like the Death Star Trooper or Yavin Ceremonial Guard figures appeared...   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2007, 09:28 PM »
sign me up for one of each and a couple extra snowtroopers :)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: