Author Topic: 2008 Wave 2 - The Force Unleashed  (Read 103886 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 2 - The Force Unleashed
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2008, 02:23 PM »
Well, I think LucasArts is committed to an '08 release for the game.  They have two licensees that are ready to ship related product now.  LEGO already has the Rogue Shadow ship out on shelves.

And Hasbro has already released the unleashed battle packs, as well as the lightsabers.  Not to mention the Wizardsf of the Coast minis.

If this delay is tied in with a platform specific delay, then that's a real head scratcher.  Sure, the Wii would be a very cool platform to play this title on, especially with the dynamics of the controller and it's possible use for a lightsaber.  But I think there are more people who own the PS-3 and X-BOX 360 who are just as eager to get the game.  Release the Wii version when it's ready, but get this game to market already.

I agree, if it's due to Wii or whatever, they should just get the game out on schedule and the individual platform that is the holdup will just have to wait.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2008, 04:24 PM »
I don't get the additional hold up.  First time was so far away that I think they made the right call, but people already know the lineup and have seen the figs - time to just get them out.  If anything, I think the figs could help build up demand for the game during the delay.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2008, 05:48 PM »
I've heard some scoop from people in the know...its pretty much one big cluster****

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2008, 07:22 PM »
Really?  Then it's no surprise that it was delayed from last year.  But this delay is somewhat offputting.

But I guess you have to expect this to an extent when you're trying to launch these kinds of multi-media campaigns.  I remember last year at Toy Fair we were shown a preview of the Transformers video game, and that looked like it was nowhere near ready to go.  And that was in February, and they still had to get that game out in time for the movie release in July.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2008, 09:06 AM »
Is it a mess at Lucas Arts, Hasbro or both?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2008, 10:12 AM »
LucasArts

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2008, 10:23 AM »
Yeah, Lucasarts seems like the culprit here... of course, I don't have any information from people 'in the know' but from what I've observed, it doesn't seem to be a mess with anyone else.  If anything, I don't see what Hasbro could be blamed for at all on this... making an entire wave at once though with additional tie-ins can be risky, but I think it's outstanding that they committed as much to this effort as they have.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2008, 11:27 AM »
Being a Wii owner I wouldn't mind if they released it on the other platforms first and then on the Wii once they got it corrected.   I would hate for it to be one system holding everything up just so they get to release it all at once for everyone.  If that is the case GL  "cough cough" Blueray/Hi-Def Star wars "cough" Extended remasters Semi-final Directer's cut Please
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2008, 12:52 PM »
I hope the Rancor set does not get delayed, I feel like this game is old news now and it has not been released. I think the very angry PC gamers sabotaged the game because they are stiffing PC gamers on this game. It really should come out for PC's. I just got a new Alienware 51 with the new physics processor in hopes of playing game like that. Oh well......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2008, 02:13 PM »
I want the Rancor too... maybe as much as any of the figures.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 21, 2008, 02:41 PM »
It looks like the basic line will release on time but all the exclusives will wait if and when the game gets released  :'(
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2008, 07:15 PM »
I feel like this game is old news now and it has not been released.

That's what I'm thinking, too.  After all the hype on the official site touting the game as "THE big SW event for 2007" and then having it delayed into another year (and now apparently delayed another 4-6 months on top of that), not to mention the lack of PC support, the rescheduling of the actual tie-in merchandise, and the fact that the merchandise is going to be on-shelf at least seven months prior to the game's (planned) release?  I have a feeling that a lot of people who only peripherally cared about the game don't care at all now, and the more delays that happen, the larger chance that "The Force Unleashed" becomes the Star Wars equivalent of "Duke Nukem Forever." 

I have a feeling that there are going to be a LOT of pegwarming TFU figures in the next three months or so, particularly Night Stick Jedi Chick, Old Jedi Guy, and the Black ERG.  The 2" Unleashed figures, which new sets from routinely sell out within a day around here, from TFU are still sitting at the local WM more than four days later, while the repacks (Battle Droid Factory and the Mygeeto Clone Battalion) are long gone.  Target's already got several boxes of the miniatures sitting around, and everyone now has a mountain of those TFU lightsabers with the spikes and the Astro-Pop blade.

Hasbro would do well to do one or two shipments of the TFU stuff and then retire them until the fall (or whenever the game actually hits) so the gamers might actually buy them.  Otherwise, I feel like TFU is going to be reminiscent of the SOTE fiasco back in 1996:  New characters that nobody wanted, a forced and subpar story, an overhyped video game, and a lot of unsold products.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 22, 2008, 09:08 AM »
TFU should be renamed from "The Force Unleashed" to "The Force Unraveled."
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 22, 2008, 10:15 AM »
If the TFU stuff is pegwarming, that's actually going to make my life easier - I already think I want at least 3-4 of each figure for custom fodder, not to mention 6-7 of the Stormies.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2008, 11:47 AM »
TFU should be renamed from "The Force Unleashed" to "The Force Unraveled."

Or maybe "The Force Unreleased"...heh heh.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010