Author Topic: NFL 2007-08  (Read 122686 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2007-08
« Reply #255 on: December 19, 2007, 03:18 PM »
Well, Shockey is better than Eli... so what's that say for your QB?  ::)

Shockey is better than Eli?  You mean he's better at being a tight end than Eli is at being a QB?  Or do you think Shockey might be a better QB than Eli?  I guess that is possible!   ;)

I will say that the Giants are somewhat hosed on offense without Shockey just because Burress has been banged up and they no longer have a receiving threat RB like Barber was.   Eli's had some okay games this year, but I'm not sure what people expect with no one to throw to.  Its not like A. Toomer is going to light up opposing defenses, especially not by himself.

Doesn't really matter.  I have seen the future and its Packers over the Patriots in the Super Bowl 28 to 24.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 20, 2007, 11:42 AM »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 20, 2007, 12:16 PM »

I will say that the Giants are somewhat hosed on offense without Shockey

Like I said, 40 yards and 0.2 TDs per game.  Honestly I think I could do that.  I'm sure Kevin Boss can handle that massive load.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 20, 2007, 02:27 PM »
I'm with Dressel on this one.  Shockey did **** this year.  Unless his blocking was superior to Boss's, they won't miss him.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 20, 2007, 02:50 PM »
Fans only miss Shockey because of his 'patriotic' tattoo.

And it's Boss'.

;)

« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 02:51 PM by ruiner »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 20, 2007, 04:00 PM »

And it's Boss'.

;)

Until you join our fantasy league, and win a championship over Rob or I, it's whatever the hell we say it is.

Come get some.

:)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 04:00 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 20, 2007, 04:10 PM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #262 on: December 21, 2007, 03:00 AM »
League Rushing leader is done, and Steelers fans are just throwing our hands up in disgust at what else could go wrong...  Which I'm sure more can.

Last week's loss to Jacksonville stung bigtime, and the Steeler's rebounded against St. Louis tonight with a much-needed win, but at a hefty cost...  Willie Parker's done for the season, and that just sucks bigtime.

And like the latter half of the season in general, our O-Line gave nothing for pass blocking, and our defense got chewed up by a good running back, again.  The secondary at least looked a little better, but it's amazing what having Pollamalu back can do for that.

The bright spot was that Najeh Davenport was running like a madman in this game, and granted it wasn't a solid defense he was against, it still was impressive.  Word is they're already talking to Veron Haynes to come in and help plug the big friggin' gap now left by Parker's season ending.  So much for his first pro-bowl too.

If you had him on your fantasy team, my condolences.   ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 21, 2007, 10:11 AM »
Davenport looked incredible.  Sucks to lose your #1 guy, but I think the Steelers might actually be better off with Najeh than Willie.  Nice to see the Rams throw three TD passes and none of them went to Holt - my condolences to anyone that had him playing in their super bowl this week.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 21, 2007, 10:23 AM »
Davenport looked incredible.  Sucks to lose your #1 guy, but I think the Steelers might actually be better off with Najeh than Willie.

Doubtful.  That might work against the Rams - but it probably wont' in the playoffs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #265 on: December 21, 2007, 02:34 PM »
Parker's the #1 rusher in the league, a pro-bowl bound undrafted star that is explosive on offense...  As much as I sometimes dislike his style because of his size issues, Davenport is no Parker...  Not to say Davenport can't hold his own, but Davenport tends to run more like Bettis than Parker, and the factors that he'd need to succeed are not real good..

He looked good against the rams, but he bounced most of his runs to the outside that he had large gains on.  Doing that against a team with a strong defensive line, or even strong defensive ends, is going to be difficult for him...  Parker could exploit defensive ends even if they were all-stars...  Davenport isn't going to be as successful.

As a Steelers fan, I am hopeful, but as a realistic person I'm looking at it cringing...  Not to mention our offensive line's pass blocking isn't their only problem they have at times.  Against strong defensive teams, we may not be able to open holes for Davenport to get little (or big) runs up the middle, and you can't bounce every run to the outside. 

It was a huge, HUGE loss for them...  Davenport's not bad or he wouldn't be there, but he just isn't capable of the things Parker does I'm afraid.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 21, 2007, 03:45 PM »
Davenport looked incredible.  Sucks to lose your #1 guy, but I think the Steelers might actually be better off with Najeh than Willie.

Doubtful.  That might work against the Rams - but it probably wont' in the playoffs.

Honestly, what was going to work in the AFC games against the Colts or Patriots anyhow?  My guess is, not much.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 21, 2007, 05:24 PM »
I dunno... Jacksonville played the Colts real tough, and if the Eagles can almost beat the Pats, other teams could give them a run for it.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 21, 2007, 08:08 PM »
I dunno... Jacksonville played the Colts real tough, and if the Eagles can almost beat the Pats, other teams could give them a run for it.

True ... but right now I'd put the Steelers fifth on the AFC depth chart.  I think the Chargers are playing well enough now to inch ahead of them.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 22, 2007, 10:36 AM »
Maybe, but the Chargers would need a Steelers loss to Baltimore next week.  Possible, but doubtful.