Author Topic: NFL 2007-08  (Read 122289 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: NFL 2007-08
« Reply #420 on: January 23, 2008, 03:57 PM »
I think everyone is underestimating the Giants.  The game they had against the Patriots in the regular season was one hell of a game and the Patriots won due to Eli Manning throwing the one interception in the 4th quarter.  If he has no turnovers....the Giants win.

All of this reminds me of Superbowl 25.  Everyone picked the Bills to win because they beat the Giants during the regular season.  Then the Giants controlled the ball for most of the game and won the game (with a little help from Scott Norwide).....that was arguably one of the most exciting games in Superbowl history.

I'm enjoying this and I think it'll be a great game.  I'm also trying to talk a few of my friends here in training (both Pats and Giants fans) into a roadtrip!   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 23, 2008, 04:49 PM »
I still think the New England's offense is going to have a field day, but I could be wrong.  It could be a close game. 

Is anyone thinking the Giants could blow out the Pats?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 23, 2008, 08:39 PM »
I still think the New England's offense is going to have a field day, but I could be wrong.  It could be a close game. 

I think there is an extremely thin chance that the Giants can beat the Pats and even if they do, it will be a close game.  I give them no chance to blow out the Pats.  That being said, I thought there was no way the Giants would beat the Packers, so who knows.  I guess that's why they play the game!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 24, 2008, 05:53 PM »

I doubt it just because of the type of football the play.  they generally like to control time of possession and have long drives with a strong running game.  That generally doesn't put a lot of points on the board, but it keeps your opponent from doing the same thing.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 25, 2008, 06:26 PM »
i have been wrong several times in my assessment of games this year, but i think in arizona where the weather won't be a factor at all, Brady will get to throw alot more and the pats will look more like they did earlier in the season.    the giants perform best when scores are kept low so Eli isn't having to force anything.  i think the giants would have had a better chance if they were playing in the cold.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #425 on: January 25, 2008, 10:00 PM »
The Matts are sure going to love this...

Pats fans are smarter, classier, healthier than those in NY
Friday, Jan 25, 2008 8:39 am EST
Boston Herald columnist Jessica Heslam claims the stats don't lie — New England Patriots fans are smarter, classier and healthier and own pricier homes than the riff-raff who root for the New York Giants — and now we've got the research to back it up.

Some 62 percent of Pats fans living in the Boston area earned a bachelor's or postgraduate degree or have some higher-education experience, compared to 59 percent of Giants fans, according to the latest marketing data provided by the Nielsen Co., the TV ratings firm.

Likewise, 72 percent of Pats fans live in homes worth north of $200,000, compared to 63 percent of Giants yahoos. Pats fans drink Amstel Light, not Bud Light. Giants fans slug back lots of whiskey. Bostonians are likely to read connoisseur magazines like Wine Spectator. Gotham fans like to pig out on junk food like pretzels, chips and nuts. When Giants fans aren’t booing Giants coach Tom Coughlin or punk quarterback Eli Manning in that New Jersey stadium they call home, they’re out practicing their tennis backhands in the backyard.
"This is the way."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 26, 2008, 03:53 PM »

Some 62 percent of Pats fans living in the Boston area earned a bachelor's or postgraduate degree or have some higher-education experience, compared to 59 percent of Giants fans, according to the latest marketing data provided by the Nielsen Co., the TV ratings firm.

OMG stats like this just make me want to strangle someone.  I know the post above is in jest anyway, but do people get that 62% versus 59% in the Nielsen sample is statistically the same number?  Please tell me people are smarter than this.

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #427 on: January 26, 2008, 06:52 PM »

OMG stats like this just make me want to strangle someone.  I know the post above is in jest anyway, but do people get that 62% versus 59% in the Nielsen sample is statistically the same number?  Please tell me people are smarter than this.

Jessica Heslam from Bostom isn't.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 26, 2008, 10:32 PM »
Dude....not cool!   >:(

I guess I'm the minority of Giants fans seeing as I have home that's higher in value than what they reported, a Bachelor's of Science in Math and pass all my physical fitness tests in the AF.

Oh, and I prefer Guinness and 1554.   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 30, 2008, 12:04 PM »
I'm still pulling for the Pats, but after reading those stats, I think I like Giants fans more.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 30, 2008, 04:27 PM »
I'm just thrilled that Giants are going to the Superbowl.  Sure I hope they win the game, but as long as they aren't blown out (which I don't think they will), I'll be happy.

I think the Patriots are more stressed about the game since everyone expects them to win the game.  no one even predicted the Giants would be there, so they are just there to play and do their best....no real pressure.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 30, 2008, 07:50 PM »
no one even predicted the Giants would be there, so they are just there to play and do their best....no real pressure.

Exactly.  Well ... at least until Plaxico guaranteed that they'd win.
 ;)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 31, 2008, 05:50 PM »
I think Strahan had the best counter...do you expect him to predict they will lose the game?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 31, 2008, 11:17 PM »
Brady himself said the same thing about Plax's prediction.  Of course they should be confident.  Why even show up if not?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #434 on: February 1, 2008, 12:39 AM »
Patriots 35 Giants 17...Moss 3 TD's, 210 Yards and the MVP