Author Topic: Who actually exercises, and how?  (Read 21494 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: Who actually exercises, and how?
« Reply #120 on: June 6, 2010, 08:59 AM »

Soda and energy drinks are about the worst things you can take if you want to lose weight. The amount of sugar in them will give you diabetes. Caffeine is an addictive drug that increases your risk for a heart attack.

Good info right here folks!!  In addition to diabetes, soda also "sticks" to fat cells and doesn't allow them to shrink.  When you lose weight, you don't really lose fat cells, they just shrink in size.  The only way to lose those cells is to have lipo or some other similar surgery.

I've posted before, but what the hell I'll do it again on my exercise program...

I run a minimum of 3 miles up to 4 days a week.  This week I'll be adding at least one day of sprints and possibly a second.  If I add the second, I'll cut back one day of distance.  I also lift weights pretty heavy.  I hit back, chest, arms, shoulders on different days and about every other week to every three weeks I'll have a leg day.  I often skip the leg day just because of the amount of running I do and lifting on the increases the need for recovery time.  However being that i"m going to be adding sprints, I'll start tossing the leg day back in.  In addition to weights/cardio, I also play ball 2-3 times a week.

I've been at this for somewhere around 12 years.  I get cranky when I can't workout, so it's nice when my wife tells me to go workout, she'll deal with whatever we are working on at the time.  One thing to help keep you motivated is to have fun while doing your workout.  Obviously if it's not fun, you won't be inclined to do it.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.