Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 108010 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #210 on: February 17, 2008, 12:34 AM »
Pic and illustration to show where all 20 clones can be placed in the toy:

-Sal
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 01:33 AM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #211 on: February 17, 2008, 02:05 AM »
To amuse myself, I'm posting some AT-TE photos to sort of compare the toy with...

This one really roughly shows where an average-height-human would stand compared to the legs/feet of a TE...

schematic, not real helpful for fans of scale...

This is the one that really gives an idea of size though.  You see how tall a trooper is to the walker's foot, and it's a good pic for eyeballing scale.

I'm trying to convince myself one way or another...  Wrong thing to do at 2:00 a.m. though.  I gotta watch out or I'll be buying all of it by 4. :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #212 on: February 17, 2008, 02:46 AM »
SWEET. I am so all over this. So all over this.

Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 17, 2008, 02:47 AM »
One thing I'm now wondering... when Hasbro says it can hold 20 Clones, do they mean it can hold 20 Animated Style Clones, 20 Movie Style Clones, or both? Looking at the pics, the Animated Clones are smaller and skinnier and overall look like they would take up less room than the SA Clones we've already gotten.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2008, 09:57 AM »
As cool as this behemoth looks, I'm going to have to pass. The one Clone Trooper figure included would probably push me over the edge and cause me to start buying the animated action figures. I'll wait for the eventual Felucia, Utapau, or Geonosis AT-TE repaints.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2008, 10:08 AM »
One thing I'm now wondering... when Hasbro says it can hold 20 Clones, do they mean it can hold 20 Animated Style Clones, 20 Movie Style Clones, or both?

I'm wondering the same thing. I would image though that Hasbro wouldn't
put the effort into something that cool that wouldn't accommodate either/or.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #216 on: February 17, 2008, 10:21 AM »
Personally I don't think it'd make much difference as they're about the same size, no?  I believe it can fit 20 though after Sal's diagram, as we mentioned in the rumor report, so that's nice...  I think if the interior were more true to the Cross Section book I wouldn't be debating the purchase so much...  I know, I know, it's great...  I'm just trying to be cautious with purchases I'm not satisfied 100% with anymore. 

Jeff's right though, I'll probably cave on it.  Not 3 though like I thought at first, but maybe 2, probably 1.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2008, 11:21 AM »
As cool as this behemoth looks, I'm going to have to pass. The one Clone Trooper figure included would probably push me over the edge and cause me to start buying the animated action figures. I'll wait for the eventual Felucia, Utapau, or Geonosis AT-TE repaints.

Well damn....I didn't want t think of repaints...thanks, lol.

Seriously though, IIRC, there isn't a difference between ANY of the AT-TEs. They looked the same on all planets, just as the Gunships (from teh movies only) did. The only one I'd be interested in getting as a repaint would be a Geonosis one as that would be movie accurate (you'd hope). But I'll make due with this one now. I can always airbrush this myself to reflect the movie accurate deco.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2008, 11:42 AM »
Amazing!   :o  Hasbro finally delivers....I'm still down for at least two, maybe more if I can find some on clearance.  I just can't believe there's still people out there bitching about scale.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2008, 12:08 PM »

Hmmm...I think you kinda make a good point...
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2008, 01:43 PM »
I take back everything I said about the AT-TE.  This thing ROCKS and I will be getting one sealed and one to open.  The added fig is a nice bonus, though still not sure if I will collect the animated line.  Its a good opportunity to jump ship for those of us with space and/or $$$ constraints. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2008, 02:29 PM »

Get it. I'll buy the figure off of you.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 17, 2008, 02:39 PM »
I'm happy for the people that wanted this so badly, and I think it's a pretty cool toy, but I'll pass. Way too expensive, and I don't have the space.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 17, 2008, 02:42 PM »
Man, the kids will love this.  I may not be buying any figs this year but this a must have for X-Mas.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 17, 2008, 02:58 PM »

Get it. I'll buy the figure off of you.

I appreciate the offer, but I have a weird issue where all of the stuff in my collection must be... complete, so I'll have to pass. I might actually cave and start buying animated figures when they come out, so I may actually end up with an AT-TE in my collection.

Speaking of the AT-TE, is anyone else liking the box art? I'd probably pay $50 just for the box itself. Easily the best artwork for any item in the line in quite some time.