Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 231644 times)

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: TLC Millenium Falcon
« Reply #645 on: June 3, 2009, 10:52 PM »
I finally cracked on one of these things, I've been to many of the local brick and mortars lately and they only had one left at a TRU at 30% off, so I figured I should grab it now before they're gone forever. Man oh man this thing is a beauty, huge, detailed and fun to play with! I feel like I'm a 10 year old in 1977! This is easily the crown jewel of my collection, well worth every penny!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #646 on: June 4, 2009, 04:38 PM »
Good find, these things are long gone from around here. I was eying a second one waiting for it to go on clearance at WM (hey had 9). I went everyday and then one day they disappeared. WM slashed them down to $60 and an employee bought all 9. If I see now under a $100 I will buy it to store away.

This is the best SW vehicle ever made in my opinion.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 5, 2009, 12:52 PM »
I finally cracked on one of these things, I've been to many of the local brick and mortars lately and they only had one left at a TRU at 30% off, so I figured I should grab it now before they're gone forever. Man oh man this thing is a beauty, huge, detailed and fun to play with! I feel like I'm a 10 year old in 1977! This is easily the crown jewel of my collection, well worth every penny!

Nice pick up.  It may be a behemoth to display, and was a bit pricey initially, but I think this is one of the best items Hasbro/Kenner has ever produced.  I'm actually a little surprised that it doesn't get quite as much buzz as it does, but some of that may be due to the CW/PT focus lately - as well as the fact that many of us have seen a number of Falcons come and go throughout the years.  Personally, I haven't seen any of these locally since the end of 2008 if I remember correctly (WM had some on clearance for $99, and they went in a week or so).  Like you, it is the crown jewel of my collection as well.  If I had to pack or away and/or sell the majority of my collection stuff, I think this (as well as the VOTC or VOTC-equivalent OT figures) would be the last things I'd hang on to.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #648 on: June 8, 2009, 03:24 PM »
I went to my local TRU to pick up another Lars pack and to my surprise they had one but it was $159.99 so I passed. If it was 30% off I may have bitten.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 8, 2009, 03:47 PM »
I went to my local TRU to pick up another Lars pack and to my surprise they had one but it was $159.99 so I passed. If it was 30% off I may have bitten.

My local TRU has been sitting on one for several months at full price.  Same with one of my WM's, but it's one A-Wing they've been sitting on since December.

clearance?  hello?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 8, 2009, 04:07 PM »
I went to my local TRU to pick up another Lars pack and to my surprise they had one but it was $159.99 so I passed.

And I thought it was overpriced at $49.99. . .

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #651 on: June 8, 2009, 05:10 PM »
I went to my local TRU to pick up another Lars pack and to my surprise they had one but it was $159.99 so I passed.

And I thought it was overpriced at $49.99. . .

I went to my local TRU to pick up another Lars pack and to my surprise they had one BMF but it was $159.99 so I passed.  :)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 8, 2009, 06:35 PM »
I stopped off at my local TRU after lunch, and they had one BMF for $159.99 as well.  I didn't see any Lars packs, but I did see a Daggar B-Wing for $30, and the TRU mini clone busts 3 packs on clearance for $10 each.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 28, 2009, 02:12 PM »
I bought and assembled recently the BMF, is awesome
but I need some advice please

How can I open gently the cannopy of the mini freighter (bmf escape pod)? I couldn´t open it yet and I have to label it with its 2 stickers.

I am afraid If I open it the wrong way it could be broken.

Thanks in advance to all readers.

truly yours Epic Gon
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 02:13 PM by EpicGon »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #654 on: June 28, 2009, 10:06 PM »
Epic,

The mini fighter opens back-to-front, not front-to-back.  If you put your fingers just under the back, above the engines, and pop it open you should have no problem.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 28, 2009, 11:52 PM »
Thanks you very much Matt, I´ll try that way

best wishes

EpicGon

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 7, 2009, 07:55 AM »
Picked this up on Sunday at Toys R' Us for $79.99.  I am very happy to finally own this, since I missed out on them on clearance after Christmas. :)  I was worried that I had missed my chance at getting one of these for a reasonable price.  This thing is very awesome! 8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 7, 2009, 12:04 PM »
Yeah, that $80 price really is a great deal for this vehicle I think.  $150 may have been a little steep (although possibly worth it), but getting this for $100 or less feels like a nice deal.  It may be a pain to find display space for, but I think this may be one of my favorite pieces from the entire Star Wars line.  I've told my wife before that if I have to pack up (or sell off) much of the collection as our daughter grows up, I think I'd always try to at least keep out this Falcon and the VOTC/VTSC/other OT figures.  Definitely a nice piece, and it is as much a playset as it is a vehicle really.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #658 on: September 7, 2009, 04:34 PM »
I picked up my second BMF today at TRU. I always wanted a second one to store away but only wanted to pay a clearance price. Back in spring I stalked a WM every day waiting for clearance, they had eight in stock so I was waiting for the right time. Low and behold the day they hit clearance I was 10 minutes off my usual schedule and saw some scalper cart the eight away at $50 a pop.

Hands down this is the best SW of all time for me. :)

I had to take advantage of today sale, ?I even picked up a third AT-TE that I will most likely give away as a gift this Christmas. I almost feel ripped off about the Turbo Tank, I paid full price with $5 Clone Cash Coupon.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 1, 2009, 09:41 PM »
Ya gotta love London Drugs! 1st piece of modern SW I have bought in quite awhile & I'm sure glad I waited. The price was to good to pass up ($83.99 with tax, $80.35 US), I even got the store price card.   ;D