Author Topic: Realistic Clone Wars 3D Figures  (Read 51593 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Animated Style for the Clone Wars 3D Figures?
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2008, 10:46 AM »
The discussion exists because a "rumor" is circulating about it from someone first, but second because Hasbro's left implications that the line's "taking a new direction" for the Clone Wars line... 

They could also be meaning that this line's direction isn't focusing on the established movie characters, and also a new direction in the sense that we are getting more vehicles - if them making a large vehicle like the AT-TE isn't a new direction for Hasbro, I don't know what is...

Also in a way, the line took a new direction in 1999, in 2002 and in 2005.  It takes a new direction each time there is a film introduced, and it appears the Clone Wars animated series will have the first three episodes in theatres.   So that could be what they mean too. 

Think positive folks!  :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2008, 09:08 AM »
Interesting turn of events that these figure will have animated style heads. I'll be passing on the figures entirely.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Weird move on Hasbro's part to do hybrid figures.  With this style of animation, it might be difficult to tell if the bodies are modeled after the animation or 'reality.'

Odds are they're 100% animated - which isn't a bad thing.  Collectors will still bite and the kiddies will have to have them - afterall, the movie will be in theaters.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 09:12 AM by ruiner »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2008, 09:49 AM »
Weird move on Hasbro's part to do hybrid figures.  With this style of animation, it might be difficult to tell if the bodies are modeled after the animation or 'reality.'

Odds are they're 100% animated - which isn't a bad thing.  Collectors will still bite and the kiddies will have to have them - afterall, the movie will be in theaters.

The new trailer looks great!
http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/announcement.html

Hmm, not sure how I feel about yet another theatrical release though. I know I'll be at the premiere though. I can't miss that.

Crap, I really didn't want to buy the animated figures and still don't and am hoping for these to be 100% realistic style, but I can see these being the CW cg style. I may end up getting that style after all...grr, and I HAD hoped to save money this year.

I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2008, 10:32 AM »
Oddly, I have a litttle problem with the theatrical release.  Fisrt off, the CW3D stuff look amazing, for television that is.  This show will be the most dynamic and visaully exciting thing on the tube. There's nothing to compare it to.  Once it's put on the big screen, however, it's going head to head with Pixar digital animation.  It's going to look cheap.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2008, 07:59 PM »
I wonder how big of a release it will be in the theatres?  I mean, I wonder if it will be fairly limited or are they going for the 3000 screens opening?  I am sure it will be big enough everyone can see it, but that should be interesting as well. 

Anyway, it sounds like for the most part the sculpts are going to be fairly realistic with some animated look to it.  That is fine with me.  I just don't want it to be full blown animated.  It would be the only way I would buy these main characters over again though.  I am sure every Jedi will have clone battle armor.  Which is fine I suppose.  Eh, we'll see what they look like.  I am intrigued for sure. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2008, 08:22 PM »
Is the theatrical release REALLY much more than a "hey, look what's coming to TV this fall!!!!" type of promotion though?  What I mean is, it's not being intended as a head-to-head competition thing I don't believe, more of a large promotional blitz which is what Lucas enjoys...  He probably just wants the attention for the TV airings of the show more than anything else I suppose.

I think that may mean a limited release as suggested above as well...  Not every theater may carry this.

I don't know that it'll look bad on the big screen either...  I mean, imagine the AT-TE fall down the cliff on a movie screen.  I bet that'll look pretty frickin' slick. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2008, 09:18 AM »

Whenever they do something that seems off the beaten path, I always try to put myself into Hasbro's shoes in the decision making process. I'm sure they had several different people bring various ideas forward about the line (including yours) and eventually went with the one on the way. Some are going to think it was the right call other won't, that's the nature of production of any kind. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2008, 09:45 AM »
Is the theatrical release REALLY much more than a "hey, look what's coming to TV this fall!!!!" type of promotion though?  What I mean is, it's not being intended as a head-to-head competition thing I don't believe, more of a large promotional blitz which is what Lucas enjoys...  He probably just wants the attention for the TV airings of the show more than anything else I suppose.

I think that may mean a limited release as suggested above as well...  Not every theater may carry this.

I don't know that it'll look bad on the big screen either...  I mean, imagine the AT-TE fall down the cliff on a movie screen.  I bet that'll look pretty frickin' slick. ;)

Clone Wars in IMAX would be sweet
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2008, 11:28 PM »
That was actually the exact thing I was thinking Jayson...  In Pitt, the only IMAX for years was at the Science Center down in the city, till we got a "Mills Mall" here and their theater has one...  I could definitely see myself catching a viewing of it there just to watch the epic camera angles.

I mean, for instance, look at that backwards panning shot of Palpatine & Co. on the flight deck of a Rep. Cruiser with its bay doors opened up...  That looked pretty rockin' to me, and that on a gigunda screen would be so neat.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2008, 11:32 PM »
I sent off a couple emails to folks who work a local and national IMAX theatres and they haven't received word if they'll be getting it "at this time" so here's to hoping.  8)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 11:34 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2008, 10:04 PM »
...backwards panning shot...

Panning is moving the camera left or right, tracking is moving forward or backwards, or along with something...

sorry to nerd out, but I went to film school.  8)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2008, 04:51 PM »
Don't forget up or down, tilt.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2008, 12:15 PM »
I'm shocked that Hasbro went Animated, and I was very rude to those who thought they would.  I'm sorry.

On the other hand, I LOVE these.  I just think that they look like great toys!  The style mix is perefect.  Sure they don't match what I already have, but variety is the spice of life, man!  I'm there in July 26!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 09:23 PM by speedermike »