Author Topic: Star Wars Fan on Dr. Phil (1.30.08)  (Read 4232 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Star Wars Fan on Dr. Phil today 1.30.08
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 04:05 PM »
I just watched a short clip on CNN talking about this. She is worried about his obsession about collecting SW! Ha! Lady, worry about the crap around your teeth. Everytime she is talking I see green crap around those chicklets.  :-X

Once this thread title caught my eye those teeth were the first thing that came to mind. I was going to comment on them but as I read down those horrible fangs were staring at me again. Thanks for posting what many of us were thinking too. Dude, sell the armor and get those gums fixed.

She is whining about their "personal relations" suffering, she should be thankful anyone wants to mate with her...not that he is a real prize bag either. I was urked at the vintage 21-B falling over on the shelf. Like c'mon man, your on TV, at least dust and straighten out your C.H.U.D. hovel.

$200,00K my ass, more like $15,000-$20,000. CNN is not exactly known for investigating all the facts. Inflating the numbers makes it sound more dramatic than what it really is. That was their angle and Phil's too. The thought of it, lying for the sake of ratings, how unheard of! Some of his other crap shown was the POTF2 Falcon and some Vintage slop you find at a flee market or pass over on ebay. I wish they would have found somebody with a nicer set up instead of the crawlspace with standard fare.

DSJ, Nice post!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 04:11 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 1, 2008, 12:07 AM »
Both actually. The southern california board members get together once a quarter to hang out, talk star wars toys, drink beer and take care of some trading. It's one of my favorite things to do. People wonder what all these guys are doing in the middle of the parking lot with a bunch of boxes around us swapping money back and forth. Are people thinking its a big drug deal or we're selling things that 'fell off the truck".

You should see how bad it is at our monthly MN meetings   :-X
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Fan on Dr. Phil (1.30.08)
« Reply #17 on: February 1, 2008, 09:11 AM »
I've been telling my wife that I'm not as bad as well. At least now there's proof. It's cool that Dr. Phil thinks the collection is cool though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 1, 2008, 10:52 AM »
Both actually. The southern california board members get together once a quarter to hang out, talk star wars toys, drink beer and take care of some trading. It's one of my favorite things to do. People wonder what all these guys are doing in the middle of the parking lot with a bunch of boxes around us swapping money back and forth. Are people thinking its a big drug deal or we're selling things that 'fell off the truck".

You should see how bad it is at our monthly MN meetings   :-X

I was thinking that as well. I guess that's why we 'rotate' our meets, so the cops aren't prowling the joint.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: February 1, 2008, 10:55 AM »
I've been telling my wife that I'm not as bad as well. At least now there's proof.

I never needed Dr. Phil for proof, there's been plenty of it right here at JD...  ;D

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 1, 2008, 11:02 AM »
I've been telling my wife that I'm not as bad as well. At least now there's proof.

I never needed Dr. Phil for proof, there's been plenty of it right here at JD...  ;D

Yup.  And I used to think I was REALLY bad too, until I went to Celebration 3 and witnessed what happens there :o  I thought I might be in the upper 25% of collectors in terms of spending.  If CIII is any indication of what people spend, I'm in the bottom 25% overall. 

My problem is just that I collect too many different lines. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 5, 2008, 04:11 PM »
I think this guy should of been on Dr. Phil instead.

I remember my dream now.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 5, 2008, 06:02 PM »
Hey!  I resemble that photo. 

E... (who doesn't actually own a Chewbacca Back Buddy.)
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"