Author Topic: TRU Dagger Squadron B-Wing Starfighter  (Read 30131 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Dagger Squadron B-Wing Starfighter
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2008, 09:49 AM »
I saw that $29.99 pricepoint as well, and was a little bit surprised at that.  I think, if I am remembering correctly, this was a $40 vehicle when I picked it up at Target in the POTJ days (although I think it hit some low clearance prices in some areas later on).  I actually kind of like this new version, and would like the pilot, but I'm going to have to pass.  If it was a "normal" year, and there wasn't so much coming out right now, I might consider it - but the budget can't handle it, and space is an issue the way it is.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2008, 10:45 AM »
I may take you up on that.....I have bought anything from you in awhile. I'm serious ya' know.

You've got first dibs - I'll check with you whenever it is that these are finally out and I have one. :)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2008, 12:45 AM »
My TRU had 4 tonight, so three other guys and myself snagged one each.

So much for the ppt and the book. It appears that the little signs are right about the dates.

The price was $34.99
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2008, 11:50 AM »
The price was $34.99

Same here in my neck of the woods.

JJ - The deco on this ship is not the greatest so I'm doubting that I'd buy another.  Sorry
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2008, 12:48 PM »
Didn't realize this was coming out this weekend. I have to pick this up yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2008, 03:49 AM »
n/p iFett

If anyone IS buying one extra and wants to help a fellow out to get the pilot, I'd like the pilot basically. :)

I really have no space for another B-Wing these days.

Anyone?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2008, 08:36 AM »
I have to say that the colors are far less wacky in person than the original pics made the ship out to be. 

I picked one up and don't regret it.  Yeah, it was $35, but I did get a free holo grievous, so ir wasn't too bad to pay $35 for it.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2008, 09:17 AM »
I didn't get the holo-grevious with my B-Wing purchase, didn't think of it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2008, 03:33 PM »
I have to say that the colors are far less wacky in person than the original pics made the ship out to be. 

I picked one up and don't regret it.  Yeah, it was $35, but I did get a free holo grievous, so ir wasn't too bad to pay $35 for it.  :)

They refused to give me the free Grievous. No joke.  They said the $35 B-Wing "didn't qualify."
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2008, 05:47 PM »
They refused to give me the free Grievous. No joke.  They said the $35 B-Wing "didn't qualify."

Mine "didn't qualify" on Saturday because it wasn't in their system, but I recieved a credit on Sunday.  Hope that helps.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2008, 09:54 PM »
There were tons of holo grievous screw-ups out here I know...  Some stores would only sell the figure and had no clue on the promotion.  Dumb.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2008, 09:23 AM »
Opened this up last night. It's cool. Yeah, weathering would have been nice, but whatever. The pilot is awesome.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2008, 06:20 PM »
I cracked open my B-Wing today (I'm taking my time opening everything  :P) and I still like it. 

I love the fact that they put some effort into it instead of just going with a straight repaint - the new cannons, new cockpit.  Definitely improvements on both, the new cockpit is way more detailed than the old one, which was a nice surprise - lots of levers and switches and things.  I'm also glad to see the new Evo B-Wing sculpt used instead of one of the old PotF2 pilots of the past.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2008, 12:19 PM »
I was also pleasantly surprised in person with the new B-Wing, they really did do a nice job. No regrets on the purchase at all, I only had one B-Wing before so that made it even less painful.

The cockpit was a nice surprise and matches the BMF format, hope they continue that look in the future. The pilot was cool with the scar on his face taking advantage of the new EVO sculpt was a relief. (The scarred face is way the EE Mandos should have looked but I digress). The new cannons fit very well as do the old school ones. They also improved the canon fits because the last/original release the canons fell off fairly easily. I like the big cannons better, makes it look tougher.

I was able to grab this at MM, they almost sold out, I think this will do quite well for TRU. I recommend this to those on the fence about it, it's a very worthy addition to your Rebel fleet.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:22 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2009, 10:35 AM »
These have recently been dropped to $29.99 at TRU here, and we've also got a $5 off coupon to use, so I've been tempted to maybe pick this one up.  I've been on the fence since I do have the previous Target exclusive one from years ago (which I remember paying $40 for), but the new cockpit/guns/pilot combo made it more tempting.  Not that I have a ton of room for vehicles anymore either though.  It seems like most of you felt that it was a pretty nice ship overall though, and an improvement over the previous version.