Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Star Trek

<< < (3/75) > >>

CaptainYoda:
Anton, regarding your spoiler (i know you didnt write the story), but what writer would have thought that that was a good idea to begin with?? That would totally change the idea of Kirk being crafty and resourceful to being essentially a space ****.

Nathan:
It sounds pretty symptomatic of the mindset behind this film--messing with stuff that didn't need to be messed with, and going back to show things that, I would argue, didn't need to be revisited. The explanation in TWOK is great as it is; was anyone really clamoring to see the incident on film when we already knew the relevant bits?

Now I know how you old-timers felt before TPM came out. :P (I was 13, so I was just excited for new SW on the big screen! 8))

But what's worse, it seems like they couldn't discipline themselves to sticking entirely to the established material, and they didn't have the guts for a full "reimagining" or reboot--so they went for this split-the-difference crap that is just going to cause continuity headaches down the road. (Maybe I'm being too pessimistic.)

Darth_Anton:

--- Quote from: CaptainYoda on February 14, 2008, 12:05 PM ---Anton, regarding your spoiler (i know you didnt write the story), but what writer would have thought that that was a good idea to begin with??

--- End quote ---

One that hasn't really paid attention to Star Trek.  :P I can see how it could happened, that scene was in the outline, but wasn't specific enough to include how he won, and the writer, having never seen TWOK, filling in the blanks himself. My question is, how can that scene make it into the shooting script with no one catching it? ???

CaptainYoda:
Apparently the production is filled with a bunch of yes-men who think everything is a good idea and have no idea of the history of Star Trek.

Scott:

--- Quote from: CaptainYoda on February 15, 2008, 10:51 AM ---Apparently the production is filled with a bunch of yes-men who think everything is a good idea and have no idea of the history of Star Trek.

--- End quote ---
That sounds familiar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version