Author Topic: Best X-wing?  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Best X-wing?
« on: March 31, 2009, 12:51 AM »
What's your favorite X-wing? 

As I continue to assemble my room and cull my collection, I think I may have room for some vehicles.  I know I'm keeping the shuttle and quite likely the AT-AT, but beyond that I'm not sure.  I'd like to keep some Ties but we'll see about that.  Bomber would be first, followed by Interceptor. 

Where I'm stuck is the X-wing.  I think I asked this before, but couldn't find the thread.  I don't have them all, but I do have the original POTF2 with electronics, Red Leader's and a couple of other Luke ships, but not the Dagobah (by the time it rolled around, I knew I was done with larger ships).  So, do you have a favorite and if so, why?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Re: Best X-wing?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 01:01 AM »
Today the best x wing is Dagobah´s, more accurate in scale, bigger than potf2 version. Maybe we´ll seen a new x wing a bit bigger and taller, so it will come with ladders, and a suitable Luke pilot (dagobah luke pilot or hoth luke pilot)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 01:04 AM »
I think if you want that single inclusive Luke X-Wing, the Red Leader one with lights/sounds is probably actually the best of the bunch.  It's true to Luke's fighter, which is the character I most closely associate as "iconic" with the ship.  If that makes any sense...  :-\

Personally if I were picking one TIE Fighter, it'd be the grey big-wing TIE from a couple years ago.  Just my opinion Brent, but it too represents that iconic ANH TIE.  The new TRU "white" one isn't bad either, but it's not really white...  It's more like a dirty lighter grey IMO than white.  I prefer the darker grey (and blue is nice but only represents an ESB or ROTJ TIE) personally, but to me they're just more iconic as a TIE than the bomber and Interceptor are...  Though both those ships are insanely nice (even the battery box on the Int is acceptable to me, as the ship's to-scale).

I'm not a huge fan of the larger X-Wing due to it being about 80% true-scale size, but if I were to pick one I'd pick the original light/sound only due to the reasons noted...  It's Luke's deco, it has Luke and R2 in it, it has good lights/sound features, and to me it would look best "hangin' from the ceiling" with a TIE Fighter nearby.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 10:17 AM »
I love the first new scale one with electronics. The lights and sounds are just too cool.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."