Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 3 (2008)  (Read 18677 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars 2008 Wave 3
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2008, 04:41 PM »
For those interested, I noticed that this wave is in stock over at TRU.com (as well as Legacy Collection Wave 4).  Priced at $7.99, but there is free shipping on all Star Wars stuff (with no minimum purchase).

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 3
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2008, 09:03 PM »
Thanks Brian! I just ordered Plo Koon off TRU.com. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2008, 11:25 PM »
Wave 3 has apparently been showing up at Kohl's stores as well...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2008, 08:09 PM »
I just opened up Plo Koon. All I can say is WOW. He is by far the coolest figure I've bought in a long time. :o ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
CW #18 IG-86 Assassin Droid
« Reply #49 on: December 1, 2008, 11:15 PM »
I'm not really collecting the animated line, but IG-86 is badass!
« Last Edit: December 2, 2008, 09:47 AM by Jeff »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: IG-86
« Reply #50 on: December 1, 2008, 11:31 PM »
I have him waiting for me as a gift for X-Mas, but I looked at him, and he is indeed perhaps one of the more awesomely articulated figures in the modern line.  I wanted him with the thought that he looks like a fairly generic droid, perhaps a less sophisticated version of IG-88, and so he'd fit into my collection of realistic figures well enough.  I'll be reluctant to stop playing with the figure though.  He's great looking by all accounts.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Asaaj Ventress-Good figure or not?
« Reply #51 on: December 4, 2008, 09:44 AM »
While I'm not "collecting" the animated line. I am picking up a very FEW select figures because I like their look and/or I think they can integrate easily or well enough with the realistic line.

Asaaj Ventress is one such figure.

Other than the angular shoulders and the eyes looking animated, she fits in quite well with the realistic figures. The cloth dress really helps this figure, especialy with regards to poseability. The articulation of this figure is NEAR perfect. But for elbow joints, I'd say it is a perfect figure. Her hands are a bit tiny and at least with my figure it makes it a little hard for her to hold her sabers or Dooky holo display. Still, that is manageable.

If I were grading the figure over all I'd give it a 4.75 out of 5. But for the couple of points I mentioned, she's perfect.

So for those of you who have BOUGHT her, what do you think of the figure? If you've not released her from her cardboard prison, you're missing something here. At the least if you're a carded collector, I'd say this is ONE figure you should buy an extra of to open.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
Re: Asaaj Ventress-Good figure or not?
« Reply #52 on: December 4, 2008, 10:54 AM »
I'm not collecting this line either. I've bought a Ashoka but that's about it. My girlfriend digs this one though and I've thought about picking it up since it seems to be hanging around a bit.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 4, 2008, 11:39 AM »
....I've thought about picking it up since it seems to be hanging around a bit.

Funny, the first time I saw this wave at all was over this past weekend.

Very cool figure though.  I'm being pretty selective with the Clone Wars figures I do get, so I don't think I'm picking her up.
I am not the Stig

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 4, 2008, 06:57 PM »
I think she's an excellent figure, and would go so far as to say she's my favorite Ventress figure that's been done.  Even though I would have liked elbow articulation, she can be put in a variety of poses and the sculpt is (as has been noted) such that she fits in with non-animated figures well. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 5, 2008, 07:43 AM »
I think she is the best Clone Wars figure yet. Up to this point, I felt that way about Ashoka. My next figure on that list would be IG-86. As others have pointed out all three of these figures could just as easily fit with the realistic line and I guess that's what I like about them the most.

About the only thing I would have want with both female figures is articulated elbows, but I blame that on the Lucas animation team form making the characters look like they're nothing but skin and bone w/o an ounce of musscle mass.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 3 (2008)
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2008, 11:58 AM »
For anyone still looking, HTS currently has all of Wave 3 in stock ($7.99) at their web site.  I think there's a discount code posted in the TLC section for 20% off as well. (EDIT: Yes, thanks to Ben, its GIFT20)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 11:59 AM by Brian »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2009, 05:05 PM »
I'm really digging Plo Koon.  I love the fact that he's got his saber gauntlet thingy, very cool looking weapon/accessory.

I'm not too thrilled with Dooku though.  Something about his overexaggerated nose/face just looks goofy to me.

The Plo Koon figure was impressive, and his guantlet will be featured with TLC Wave 11 Plo Koon. Count Dooku's cape should have been soft-goods...it's just a big, goofy plastic cape. The Asajj Ventress figure was great, and she's just crammed with accessories. The Destroyer droid is barely articulated. The IG-86 droid and C-3PO are the most articulated of the wave.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"