Author Topic: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122027 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #165 on: February 3, 2010, 03:51 PM »
So, not only is it TRU exclusive, but it looks like it's been pushed back until May as well with online getting second dibbs in June.  That reads to me like it's not even a lock that on-line will get any cases if TRU moves enough of them...  :-\

« Last Edit: February 3, 2010, 03:52 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #166 on: February 3, 2010, 03:52 PM »
Noted on the links!   ;D

These actually showed up carded in the US already. Alliance Collectibles has been seeling them for awhile. BBTS shows Feb but we shall see. I am sory I did not jump on Tungoris ebay sales I only have Shaak Ti right now.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #167 on: February 3, 2010, 03:55 PM »
Wow, what a cluster****. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 3, 2010, 03:55 PM »
This is a huge kick in the nuts!!!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 3, 2010, 05:08 PM »
Legacy sales have been so far off the mark - and retails have enough inventory - that even the EU wave has become a Toys 'R Us exclusive in May, with some online retailers having access to the last of the run in June. Once we start fresh with Vintage, we will be able to manage the line to the new collector baseline and make tight releases to keep waves flowing regularly.

Typical Hasbro these days.

The argument can be made that sales of Legacy were not as strong because they have the same SKU as Legends and Legends doesn't sell anywhere near as well as Legacy. But since Hasbro could save money with already tooled figures, they wanted to pack them in Legacy cases.

I really don't see this as the fault of the collector. We bought up Legacy like it's going out of style...er wait, is it? I rarely saw figures peg for any length of time. Heck even the pink chick from the cantina whom I thought would pegwarm isn't found too often and certainly not in pegwarming numbers like we've seen figures form past years.

I really hope with  new SKU for the Vintage line Hasbro will see the error of their ways. Taking away the BaD part is going to hurt some sales, but only packing vintage together and not mixing them with Legends is really going to tell the tale.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #170 on: February 3, 2010, 05:25 PM »
Legacy and Legends had separate SKUs
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 3, 2010, 05:36 PM »
They're treating us like Canadians now! ;)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 3, 2010, 05:46 PM »
So, not only is it TRU exclusive, but it looks like it's been pushed back until May as well with online getting second dibbs in June.  That reads to me like it's not even a lock that on-line will get any cases if TRU moves enough of them...  :-\

Things are looking hopeful on this front.  Standby...
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #173 on: February 3, 2010, 08:02 PM »

Things are looking hopeful on this front.  Standby...

Considering I've had a case of Wave 13 on pre-order with EE for months now, I'll be happy if you guys do get them.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #174 on: February 3, 2010, 08:43 PM »
Considering I've had a case of Wave 13 on pre-order with EE for months now, I'll be happy if you guys do get them.  :)

Seriously, I ordered two of these back in August.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 4, 2010, 01:07 AM »
Well for me, this is a serious kick in the nuts.

The TRU near where I work has not received a single Red/White Legacy Collection figure case.

NOT ONE.

I'm serious. It's not a question of me missing it or anything - they have received NOTHING.

And I know why - according to their inventory computer they have 48 pieces of the Legacy SKU in stock.

So basically, because their system says they have four cases worth still unsold, they are not being shipped anymore. The problem is that they can't find those 48 figures ANYWHERE in the store.

The last update I got from the employees on this was that the district management had finally relented and they were going to allow the count to be manually adjusted to zero pieces in stock, but apparently doing that is as difficult as getting the world to agree to add a fifth gospel to the New Testament of the Bible.

So needless to say, unless the January inventory FINALLY breaks the strangle-hold the inventory computer has had on this store, I will probably NEVER see the EU wave.

Also - why the hell aren't Target and/or WalMart getting this wave? Is it because those stores have all their pegs mish-mashed together and to them a figure is a figure is a figure and their lazy employees keep indicating they have plenty of Legacy in stock yet the pegs are clogged with Legends and Clone Wars? Most of my local WMs have less than one case worth of Legacy figures on the pegs. Yet, all of the Legacy collection pegs are filled to the brim.

They REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY need to stop with the multiple SKUs bull**** if the "collector dollars have left", get their asses onto that 6 - 8 week shipping schedule they say they want and alternately ship waves of animated and realistic figures under a single SKU.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2010, 01:08 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 4, 2010, 08:59 AM »
I am right there with Pete above me, I think I have seen one case at of the new Legacy carded figures at my local TRU.

what a kick in the nuts indeed....

please let these be available on HTS...
« Last Edit: February 4, 2010, 08:59 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 4, 2010, 09:13 AM »
I started thinking about this all last night. I feel bad for those who don't have a TRU by them. I've got several within a 15 mile radius.

In the meantime, with Hasbro stating this wave won't be available at retail (TRU) until May, we've got plenty of time to catch up on any of the rest of the stuff. I'm not too far behind just needing the Chewie from the ANH wave-with orange droid part, and all of the ESB wave. Still, that gives me about 3 months to find it. I'll be on the lookout for the EU wave and will help out where I can for those figures.

I'll be very glad when the Vintage line comes. Our understanding is that the Vintage cardback will not just be different but significantly different than the Legends and/or CW line. This really should help. At the least it's a great visual for when we need to ask store clerks about figures. We can easily show them the difference. If they don't "get it" at that point, they are either "intellectually challenged" or playing a game at our expense. (Which I wouldn't put past some of them.)

If we as collectors start asking for that Vintage style over and over again, stores are going to get the point that they need to order more of that stuff.  Well, at least we can hope so anyway.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 4, 2010, 09:17 AM »
What a drag. At least when they hit, we only have to go to one store to look.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 4, 2010, 09:46 AM »
What a drag. At least when they hit, we only have to go to one store to look.

TRU dat...lol