Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 128857 times)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #765 on: July 29, 2020, 06:29 AM »
Paging Adam Pawlus!

That's weird that its a vintage box with TVC logo.

I would bet they had it printed up themselves using the original picture from the vintage Death Star.  It fits the line since all the vintage collection vehicles are made to look like the 70's/80's packaging.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 29, 2020, 01:19 PM »
I won't turn down a Razorcrest. If it's an OT item I'm guessing it's the Cantina.

A sure fire launch would be the Razorcrest with two Blurgs, Quill, IG, multiple childs (in pram, in backpack for IG to wear), Karga and Moff Gideon, plus special edition Mando.

I've been thinking more about a Haslab Razor crest.

I'm convinced there's no way they would do a decent retail version. The biggest recent 3 3/4" releases were the TFA and Solo Falcons and those offered very little for $100-$130.

When I was a kid my cousin had the GIJoe Cobra Rattler. The engines had roughly 5 pieces and I would disassemble and reassemble engines for maintenance every time I got my hands on it.

Hasbro could add an amazing amount of features if they made a Razorcrest with many pieces and panels that could be disassembled to mimic looting by Jawas. Maybe this could be a stretch goal? Maybe that would also include Quill's trailer to hold a bunch of looted parts.
Macklunkey!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 1, 2020, 12:42 PM »
Just sayin', if we're doing a Death Star play set, let's do a new and improved one.

++++++1

I have no interest in buying a reproduction of the vintage one.

I have 2 of the original and have to admit that I'd buy more. But, what would the cost of an official reproduction be? $100 feels way too much.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 1, 2020, 09:49 PM »
Just sayin', if we're doing a Death Star play set, let's do a new and improved one.

++++++1

I have no interest in buying a reproduction of the vintage one.

I have 2 of the original and have to admit that I'd buy more. But, what would the cost of an official reproduction be? $100 feels way too much.

I think they would sell at $100 with a retro figure or two packed in there.  Most of these vintage sets are incomplete.  Upgraded trash and a trash monster would be cool too.  If its TVC, wouldn't they have to change the peg sizes?  I don't think the newer figures would fit on the older footpegs.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #769 on: August 1, 2020, 10:07 PM »
Death Star is a lot of parts...  $100 would be a pipe dream imho.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Padawan
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 1, 2020, 10:18 PM »
They should have done the Palitoy Death Star with Tarkin right out of the gate instead of the boardgame--it would've been nearly the same materials, and made a lot of collectors happy!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 2, 2020, 05:03 PM »
They should have done the Palitoy Death Star with Tarkin right out of the gate instead of the boardgame--it would've been nearly the same materials, and made a lot of collectors happy!

Yes! Wish I had thought of that.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."