Author Topic: CW Homing Spider Droid  (Read 19271 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: CW Homing Spider Droid
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2008, 01:23 PM »
I didn't see anyone pointing a finger at you...?

I guess since Evenflow and I were the only two to actually make the gripe, it just made sense that we were the ones getting replied to.   Especially since "dumb" seemed to get singled out..                                                     
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 01:32 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2008, 03:04 PM »
I go agree that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for what is essentially a droid to open up and have a cockpit.  It's just for play value of course, kind of like how you can get "inside" one in Battlefront 2. 

One thing though that does interest me in the cockpit is I think that might bring about some customizing potential... kind of like that "pod" or whatever the hell it is on Mos Eisley.

...God, Stephen Hayford's older work is still amazing. 

BTW, I saw another of the Spider Droid today at Target with the other vehicles, but two employees were in the process of frantically taking them and a whole bunch of Legacy figures off the shelf... but, they left the Galactic Hero stuff out, as well as the Commander Fox kid costume... ::)

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2008, 01:21 AM »
I want one to be crushed by my AT-TE

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 5, 2008, 02:55 PM »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 7, 2008, 12:22 PM »
It's been a while since I watched it, does this thing make any significant appearance in Episode III?

I see that it was in Feluccia in the photo back a few pages... Is it in the other battles?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 7, 2008, 04:24 PM »
I think it was only in Felucia. Several video games have it on Kashyyyk, so it might've been there as well. I think this monster would fit nicely in a Kashyyyk or Mygeeto diorama, even if it wasn't present in those places in the film.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: September 8, 2008, 01:05 AM »
Yeah I've never really remembered it anywhere in ROTS in particular, but I'd think it would've fit in anywhere if you don't care for accuracy issues...  It's a really outstanding behemoth as Rune's photo above shows.  It's really impressive.  If anyone were actually interested in making it taller (I think it's actually pretty good as the actual height of them is in some debate), extending it with styrene rods would be SIMPLE.  A little paint matching would be the only major issue to combat.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2008, 12:43 PM »
Was at the WM near my house last night and they had made a little display under a protective cover with a bunch of star wars toys, never seen that type of thing at a Walmart, Target does it a lot with LEGOs.  Anyway, there was a Chewie and a Vader Mighty Mugg, a couple of the Clone Wars figures and some of the Legacy figures as well (posed at odd angles, i think Han broke both knees, Grevious' body turned at a right angle to the right) and a Clone Trooper was driving the center piece, the Homing Spider Droid.   ???

Not that I expected the old ladys who work at WalMart to be up on star wars, just figured there would be a picture telling them how to set the display up...
I am not the Stig

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2008, 11:59 AM »
This and other $20 vehicles have been marked down to $18.64 at my area's local TRUs. Might be as well with yours. Good time to buy these, before the Christmas shoppers get to them.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2008, 01:09 PM »
Was at a different WM near my house and they must've had the companion display to the one I saw earlier this week.  This time they did a better job posing the figures, except they had a Seperatist droid manning the gun on an AT-AP.  My Wife didn't think it was as funny as I did, I guess she thinks most people wouldn't notice that..... Pshhh. ;D
I am not the Stig