Author Topic: Your Break Up Stories  (Read 4013 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Your Break Up Stories
« Reply #15 on: July 1, 2003, 01:24 AM »
Ick. I hate relaying my breakup stories. I only wish I could beat the living **** out of both the girl and the dorkwad she was cheating on me with. But, whatever. They aren't worth it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Karma

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 1, 2003, 09:42 AM »
I've had some weird breakups....but have remained "friends" with a few of my ex's. One of whom now collects SW figures... we wouldn't have broken up if we knew then what we know now!  ::)

The worst was my first 'real' boyfriend, I'll call him Mark, because that's his name. I was a senior in high school, he was 23 (yes, I know, he was robbing the cradle but we both enjoyed the same stuff, plus my parents were OK with it because he was a good person). I met him at the ski shop where he worked. It was instant lust....er, love.

As fate would have it, he was planning on returning to college just as I was making plans on going to college for the first time. And wouldn't you know it, we were both planning on going to the same college. So we continued our relationship once we both got to Florida and to school.

However, about a month into the semester, Mark "disappeared". He stopped returning my phone calls, avoiding me in the student center, basically ignoring me.  That was the end of the relationship....he just stopped all communication. We had some mutual friends who didn't think he had another girlfriend, so they had no clues as to what was up with him and why he was acting the way he was. So I did what was best for me, which was to send him a "dear John" letter and cease any contact with him. I was heartbroken and confused, to say the least.

To this very day, I don't know what caused the breakup. Was it something I said or did? Was it just me? Was Mark just a total psycho? I'll never know.

To break up with somebody you dated exclusively for a year is just plain **cruel**. There needs to be some kind of closure. For years after Mark I never really trusted anyone I dated, because I was always expecting them to break it off with no explanation.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 1, 2003, 01:55 PM »
When girls would break up with me they usually were too chicken to tell me in person.  I have had notes passed to me, her friend's tell me, or simply not call back.  I always told the person I was breaking up to them in person face-to-face alone.  I just think it's the proper thing to do.  

But the worst one I had a few year's ago was this girl sent me an email at work to say "I don't want us to be exclusive anymore.  I want to date other people.  What do you think?"  

LOL!  What do I think?  It was just a really odd way to break up I thought.  Especially after going out for 6 months, meeting each other's family and other stuff I thought this person would at least have the decency to call me up.  Especially since I always treated her well.  I can understand a person not wanting to see me anymore.  But this was odd.  Plus she never talked to me again after this.  

Later I heard her friend tell me that she was really upset the way she broke it off with me and was sorry the way she did it.   How she wanted to be my friend again, etc, etc.  To this day I have never heard back from this girl.  So, I don't know what really happened there.  

Breakups are really odd for some people apparently.  I have seen a lot weird and wild breakups.  In the end it is better just to break off all contact.  So, I did not mind it after awhile.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: July 6, 2003, 10:23 PM »
 :'(

It's scary how many people get cheated on...

I met my first ever girlfriend the week I went to college, we lived in a co-ed dorm and on the same floor.  She was from a town 20 miles from my home town, we hit it off.  We dated for close to 4 years and while we often would bicker and fight it was never anything super serious.

My last two years of college were a living hell school wise...she started Pharmacy school in my Senior year and the added stress kind of kept us busy.  We still did things and made an effort to see each other until after Christmas when she wanted a "break" for a while.  We had been talking about getting hitched and all for a little while and she just wnated to see what life was like without me.  

We took a month off, we got back together and she said we were good to go...so I thought things were fine. Something around that time however, got me to think that things weren't still the best and so I did a very very naughty thing, I read her e-mail.  And she found out, and she got really ticked at me.  I never should have done that but I did notice some rather weird thing she was telling her friends about me which made no sense at all

But we sort of patched things up and went on.  FF a few more weeks to March and one of my worst weekends ever occured.  It was the last week of class and I had a huge 100+ page computer program and report I needed to finish for my senior design class.  I tried calling her at home from school and her sister said she was at my house.  Well I kept calling my house and then her apartment etc with no luck.  I got really worried that she went in the ditch or something.  I think I stayed at school all night that night finishing my paper and the like and my buddy who lived near her house said he saw her that morning...said she was coming out of my buddies house.

I went dustrho right then and there and just about blew my top...but I still couldn't get ahold of her and I had to finish my stuff for school, releaved that she was not dead somewhere.

I talked to her that night and I got the "We need to talk".  And it ended, she never admitted to cheating on me but she married my ex-friend a year later.  

The crappiest thing was is that she strung me along a while after we broke up, she told me that she still loved me which made things so much worse.  I was getting job offers out of state which I turned down because I basically didn't want to leave her because I thought there was still a chance.  I am sure I was a total joy to be around for the last three months of school, time I should have been enjoying immensly (the Gophers went to the Final 4 that year, I bought a new Mustang, I got a job) But life really, really sucked.  I drank a ton, it was the only quarter of college I didn't make the Dean's List.  I was a miserble, blubbering idiot.  The last straw which was the lightning bolt moment was the day I got my car.  I drove over to her place...I rang the bell, nobody answered even though the lights were on.  So I walked back to the parking lot and she looked out the window.  And I waved as I was getting in my car and the my ex-buddy who she swore she wasn't cheating on me with also came to the window.  I was crushed but finally realized how stupid I had been.  

Happy Ending:  4 months after we broke up I met my wife  at my friends wedding.  She is good friends with the bride who was also my ex's first college room mate.  Since we lived on the same floor and my buddy always came down to visit me I set them up and here I was at their wedding.  It was sort of a bittersweet moment.  During the wedding my wife (who was the wedding singer) melted my heart with her voice, it was one of my most memorable moments ever.  We went on a date that weekend and were engaged in 6 months and married for 5 years this fall.  

So, Life turned out great for me.  Every choice I made and was forced on me in the Spring of 1997 has turned out right and for the best.  The Hand of God steered me the right way I guess to where I needed to be and made me a better person for it.

I saw her again at a Vikings game a few years later and we were cordial but not overly so, I saw her husband 3 years ago at a Twins game and said they were expecting.  And I was generally glad for them because of how happy I was and have been.