Author Topic: ROTS: Starting to Get an Unfair/Negative Rep?  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
ROTS: Starting to Get an Unfair/Negative Rep?
« on: December 16, 2008, 10:09 AM »
I wasn't sure exactly how to title this, but recently it seems like I've been reading more and more negative comments about either Revenge of the Sith - or just lumping the entire prequel trilogy together as bad overall.  Granted, most to all of these are usually by different media, but still, it seems unfair.  Although I can definitely see the criticisms of both TPM and AOTC, I felt - and it seems like the majority did as well - that ROTS was a pretty strong film.  Heck, I think it even got pretty favorable reviews for the most part when it came out.  I've noticed recently, whether it is when people are reviewing new episodes of Clone Wars (or the movie) or just general lists (like the "most wanted" blu-ray discussion I read at IGN today, which reminded me of this), it seems like people are lumping in ROTS with the others in being undeniably awful.  Anyways, just something I was thinking about, but it seems like ROTS is getting an unfair reputation/bad rap - even more so lately.  Heck, we've even seen the OT (and Star Wars in general) get this treatment since the release of TPM it seems.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS: Starting to Get an Unfair/Negative Rep?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 07:15 PM »
Well it did not help that the new Indiana Jones film seemed to rub many people the wrong way.  Same with the Special Editions and first 2 prequels.  So, now you pretty much have to lump anything Lucas did after ROTJ into the negativity or your opinion will not be taken seriously in the movie critique circles.   I actually liked ROTS and KOTCS quite a bit myself.  But my latter opinion on KOTCS will automatically disqualify my opinions.  Plus I did not think The Dark Knight was the greatest film of all time either.  So, I would be further screwing myself with that tidbit. I liked it just did not love it pieces and declare it king of all movies.