Author Topic: Clone Wars Movie Reviews - SPOILER Thread  (Read 30461 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Movie Reviews - SPOILER Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2008, 02:38 PM »
I think in the Clone Wars comic Series Durge and Anakin fight on a cruiser and Anakin knocks him into an escape pod and launches the pod into a star.  Where that happens in the timeline compared to the Clone Wars movie/TV shows, I don't recall.
I am not the Stig

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2008, 02:50 PM »
I'm not sure either.  I really hope that they decide to put him in the tv series.  Like I said in my post above, they need some more bad guys and he's one of the baddest of the characters introduced in the Dark Horse series...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2008, 03:37 PM »
Didn't Durge get blown up by a clone trooper after Obiwan jumped out of him? What was the last five minutes of the clone wars vol 1?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2008, 03:56 PM »
Didn't Durge get blown up by a clone trooper after Obiwan jumped out of him?

Yes, he did get "exploded" by Obi-Wan, but he got better.  Chalk it up to his EU-source magic healing powers... 

And yes - near the end of the Clone Wars, Durge did get put in an escape pod and he did get ejected into a sun in an attempt to kill him (it's in the issue that comes with the new Anakin/Durge comic pack), but that apparently didn't kill him either. 

According to the Star Wars Galaxies video game series, Imperial scientists rounded up some pieces of Durge and tried to ressurect him...  he ends up as some sort of new armored cyborg character in the game so that Fett can kill him off... again.

It's EU-tastic! 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2008, 06:39 PM »
Druge to Obiwan: "It's just a flesh wound."

Druge was only Mostly Dead.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2008, 12:53 AM »
Saw it tonight, liked it overall, didn't care for some things (mainly Ziro). I freaking loved the interior shots of the pre-Star Destroyers. Realistic Clone Officer action figure please! I would have liked to see more Jedi outside of Obi-Wan and Anakin, hopefully the show will give the less popular Jedi in action.

I also laughed at how it basically destroyed all Prequel canon. Didn't Obi-Wan and Anakin not see Dooku again until the fight in ROTS?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2008, 01:15 AM »
I agree on the whole Dooku/Anakin fight...  I liked it, but it goes against Anakin facing Dooku aboard the Separatist Flagship at the onset of ROTS.  They seemed to pick up their fight from the end of AOTC what with Anakin saying he'd learned much since their last visit...  Why would you say that if you'd seen him just a little while ago, ya know?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2008, 12:21 PM »
I agree on the whole Dooku/Anakin fight...  I liked it, but it goes against Anakin facing Dooku aboard the Separatist Flagship at the onset of ROTS.  They seemed to pick up their fight from the end of AOTC what with Anakin saying he'd learned much since their last visit...  Why would you say that if you'd seen him just a little while ago, ya know?

Well we really don't know where in the timeline we are here.  It's somewhere between the OG clone wars and volume 2.  The clones are still in their phase I armor so there is still potentially alot of time there.  We could still be in year one of the CW, w/Ani barely being a Knight.  With 2 more years to go until ROTS events it's still a lot of time.  Now if ObI/Ani meet Grevious that'll through it outta whack since there were obvious introductions there.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2008, 03:50 PM »
When did Anakin get his eye scar?  Because he has that in 3D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2008, 11:12 PM »
Exactly, plus Anakin is not a padawan anymore either IIRC...  He's a full knight, scarred, and his hair's beginning to grow out too.  There's ways to place Anakin in the timeline.  Clone armor can change at almost any moment that the Clones get back off a front line or get resupplied while they're out so that's a rougher way to gauge I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2008, 01:16 AM »
I finally remembered the other point I was going to mention - Tatooine. I'm pretty sure Anakin never went back to Tatooine after AOTC (that's even one of the reasons why they put Luke there, because they knew Vader would never return). This movie/show is just negating pretty much everything in the Star wars universe I guess.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2008, 10:01 PM »
I saw this yesterday with my little girl, and was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it (though since severing post-OT from my canon, I like just about everything since it never "really" happens  :P).  Ziro was hilarious!  I loved the animation; I thought it was beautiful, like a digital watercolor painting.  I didn't read everything in this thread, but has anyone mentioned about when they said Admiral Yularen?  As in Wulf Yularen, the white-suited Imperial officer.  Neat little tie-in there.  I'll be there for the TV show for sure.

Edited to add: I think the "problem" Lucasfilm has with this is that it's clearly a kids' show with a serious theme.  The LFL of the past would have made a cartoon about podracers, or padawans in school, or gungans, etc.  To make a kids' show about war and with the complexity of the prequels and clone wars mythos is just counter-intuitive.  The characters and situations are for adult fans, the storylines are for kids, so you have adult fans disgusted with how it was handled and kids exposed to gay Hutts and decapitated bounty hunters!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 10:07 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2008, 08:54 PM »
I finally remembered the other point I was going to mention - Tatooine. I'm pretty sure Anakin never went back to Tatooine after AOTC (that's even one of the reasons why they put Luke there, because they knew Vader would never return). This movie/show is just negating pretty much everything in the Star wars universe I guess.

But here's the thing about what's "canon"...never once in ROTS (the movie) did they mention Anakin's feelings about Tatooine.  We assumed that he would never go back, but it was never(!) mentioned in the film.  Therefore, he could be going back each week for all we know.

Same with the Dooku comment at the beginning of ROTS.  Maybe the last time they saw each other was this Tatooine fight.  We don't know.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2008, 09:26 AM »
I'm sure in the cartoon series Dooku and Anakin will meet every week. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see them hanging out at the cantina bar.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2008, 11:49 AM »
I saw this yesterday with my little girl, and was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it (though since severing post-OT from my canon, I like just about everything since it never "really" happens  :P).  Ziro was hilarious!  I loved the animation; I thought it was beautiful, like a digital watercolor painting.  I didn't read everything in this thread, but has anyone mentioned about when they said Admiral Yularen?  As in Wulf Yularen, the white-suited Imperial officer.  Neat little tie-in there.  I'll be there for the TV show for sure.

Edited to add: I think the "problem" Lucasfilm has with this is that it's clearly a kids' show with a serious theme.  The LFL of the past would have made a cartoon about podracers, or padawans in school, or gungans, etc.  To make a kids' show about war and with the complexity of the prequels and clone wars mythos is just counter-intuitive.  The characters and situations are for adult fans, the storylines are for kids, so you have adult fans disgusted with how it was handled and kids exposed to gay Hutts and decapitated bounty hunters!

I forget where I saw the link, think it was starwars.com, that had 10 things to watch out for in the movie and they mention Wulf.

Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge