Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season One Discussion Thread  (Read 82851 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars 3D
« Reply #210 on: January 22, 2009, 09:51 PM »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 22, 2009, 10:19 PM »
Star Wars: The Clone Wars "A Galaxy Divided" on DVD

Only 4 episodes on a disc is somewhat disappointing.  I'd really rather get the full season all at once.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #212 on: January 23, 2009, 06:30 PM »
George Takei is a guest voice tonight on CW...  I cannot wait to hear who he's voicing.  I love Takei ever since he joined the Stern show part-time, and I just know it's gonna be funny hearing his distinct voice as some SW character now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #213 on: January 23, 2009, 09:33 PM »
I liked just hearing Takei's voice as that fat Neimoidian...  That's funny for no real reason at all. 

The episode was ok...  New weapon, testing it on lemur's with scottish accents...  It was a nice enough 2-parter I think, with action, technoloy, etc.  I enjoyed it.

Next week's looks much cooler though.  Seeing the diplomatic necessities that the war would cause, it's cool to see Kenobi leading some Clones for an episode on a mission to just settle a problem down.  Looks like cool Clones in next episode too, with cool vehicles and whatnot.  And Muftak's species making an appearance?  Neat.

I wanted to note too about this week's episode that I thought the comic that went with it was cool.  It rolled the Amanin out again, and man they make a cool species when you can actually move them around and do something with them other than have them stand around with a staff.  One of my favorite alien species without a doubt, mostly because they roll around to get from point a to point b. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 23, 2009, 10:51 PM »
I liked tonight's episode (and the two parter in general) pretty well.  I can see why some don't care for the "lemur species", but like Jesse mentioned, the action was pretty cool and its nice to see characters like Aayla and Bly get featured a bit.  That said, I agree with Jesse that next week's episode looks pretty cool.  I've been hoping for an Obi-Wan focused episode, and the cold weather clones/vehicles/gear look pretty sweet.  Definitely looking forward to that one.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Series Discussion Thread
« Reply #215 on: January 23, 2009, 10:53 PM »
I liked tonight's episode (and the two parter in general) pretty well.  I can see why some don't care for the "lemur species", but like Jesse mentioned in the other thread, the action was pretty cool and its nice to see characters like Aayla and Bly get featured a bit.  That said, I think that next week's episode looks pretty cool.  I've been hoping for an Obi-Wan focused episode, and the cold weather clones/vehicles/gear look pretty sweet.  Definitely looking forward to that one.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 24, 2009, 09:36 AM »
Preview clip up for next week's episode, "Trespass".  Looks very Hoth-y, and pretty cool to me.  Also, I noticed on the front page, the CW character image this week looks very similar to a Biker Scout (or the Elite Corps troops, whichever you prefer).

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #217 on: January 24, 2009, 11:21 AM »
Yeah, next week looks great.  The Phase 1 snowtroopers look a lot like the McQuarrie Snowtrooper.   :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 24, 2009, 02:18 PM »
Defenders of Peace was OK, still not the best tho. Those Lemmings Lemurs were just plain Irish like Matt mentioned. Oh me lucky charms!  :D

Next weeks looks sweet, nice & cold & more action.  8)

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 26, 2009, 12:15 AM »
I guess it's supposed to be all, I dunno, poignant or something, when things happen like Aayla rescuing the clone who kills her in Episode 3...

but I'm increasingly just finding it irritating.  The Clone Wars has already been a lot of fun... so much fun that I'd be happier just divorcing it from the Prequels and the whole Anakin storyline.  In my world, there should be some rocking Clone Wars, then 30 years of off-screen evolution that eventually spits out a full-on evil Darth Vader and evil Stormtrooper Empire without us having to watch it happen.  These little reminders here and hints there aren't helping make Order 66 seem even more devastating, they're just making it harder for me to ignore how clumsy I found the whole affair.  I'm sure I'm probably wrong somehow, and I'd rather not feel this way, but this seems to be how I'm feeling about it.  Can't I just root for Anakin and the Clones and be left alone?   

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 26, 2009, 12:47 AM »
Preview clip up for next week's episode, "Trespass".  Looks very Hoth-y, and pretty cool to me.  Also, I noticed on the front page, the CW character image this week looks very similar to a Biker Scout (or the Elite Corps troops, whichever you prefer).

just the treath/d I was looking for...I like to rediscovering things etc.

The Snowtrooper is Rex in cold gear since he is along with Anakin & Obi in this Icy planet.

dunno about the Recon Scout, but is awesome!

We would see the ROTS George Lucas Wroonian filthy race in action

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 04:11 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2009, 05:08 PM »
A new preview clip is up at Newsarama for this week's episode, "Trespass".  I still think this week's episode looks pretty cool, and I'm hoping we get figures (and vehicles) of all this "cold weather gear" type stuff.  Anyways, nice little clip for those interested.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2009, 04:12 PM »
A new preview clip is up at Newsarama for this week's episode, "Trespass".  I still think this week's episode looks pretty cool, and I'm hoping we get figures (and vehicles) of all this "cold weather gear" type stuff.  Anyways, nice little clip for those interested.

There was not a Commander Bacara at all, but great episode, the snowtroopers were more faithful the the concept art as was the snow land according to Filoni...

But what the heck is happened with that misinformation by Wookieepedia? it seems that neither for the next chapter there will be a Commander Bacara  ::)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 11:01 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2009, 11:18 AM »
Edited:

The Death of Commander Mag & his troops by Talz, was the reason for Jedi Obi and Anakin to come for an investigation in Ep 15: Trespass.

They look so cool.

« Last Edit: February 1, 2009, 08:47 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 31, 2009, 04:41 PM »
Just watched Trespass, fricken' sweet episode. The cold weather gear looked great on the troopers & the vehicle bikes are sweet too. Chairman Cho, what an ******* & he deserved what he got. As for Senator Chuchi... I'd hit it!  ;)

A preview trailer for The Hidden Enemy is up.