Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic  (Read 51848 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2011, 05:51 PM »
I wish I had gotten a BETA, but I guess getting Alpha and Beta of Battlefield 3 was all my luck. I'm still pretty skeptical about this game, glad some folks enjoyed the mess out of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 7, 2011, 05:51 PM »
Apparently Lucas Arts is taking the hacking of Sony's Playstation network very seriously.  They've put out this statement today regarding network security and the protection of SWTOR personal user information.

As we prepare to launch Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, we want to ensure that your account and personal information are as secure as possible. To that end, we have begun implementing new security features within StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com that are designed to protect you. This process includes a refresh of our password security requirements. To make sure that all accounts comply with our new security measures, members of the Star Wars: The Old Republic community who created accounts on StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com on or before October 21st, 2011 will be required to reset their password in order to meet with these new standards. Those members who created an account after October 21st, 2011 will not receive an email and do not need to update their passwords.

Over the next few weeks, we will be sending out emails to everyone who created an account on or before October 21st, 2011 to notify them that their password must be reset. You do not need to take any action prior to receiving an email.

When you create your new password, ensure that it meets the following criteria: the password must be 8-16 characters long and use at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter and one number. The more variety that you use in your password, the stronger your password will be.

Just like any other user account you have, changing your The Old Republic password on a regular basis is one of the simple measures you can take to protect your personal information. Another way to ensure a secure account is to get the official custom branded Security Authentication Key, available in the Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector’s Edition. The Collector’s Edition is still available in limited quantities at select retailers. Watch for more information on other ways to obtain The Old Republic Security Key soon!

Your Star Wars: The Old Republic account credentials are linked to EA.com and Origin.com, so your new password will be applied across all three websites. If you have any difficulties in updating your password, please contact our Customer Service team who’ll be happy to assist you.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2011, 11:58 AM »
You Have Been Selected to Test STAR WARS: The Old Republic!

Oh yeah! Guess I know what I am doing this weekend!  ;D

I'm really happy I got into one of these beta tests - this will probably help me decide if I'm buying into this game or not...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2011, 12:10 PM »
I want details.  DETAILS!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2011, 12:16 PM »
I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition of the game the other day. Not sure why, I do like the Darth Malgus statue that comes with it, but I don't have any other Gentle Giant stuff, so this will be my first. Kinda wish I hadn't passed on the Shae Vizla statue last year now...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2011, 04:59 PM »
I got another invite  8)

doesn't say when though...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2011, 08:33 PM »
I guess there are going to be some opportunities coming up for those that did not sign up prior to still possibly get in on BETA  http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111111-0

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2011, 11:22 AM »
Well, I did not get to play as much as I wanted (with 4 kids free time is limited :P), but I did get in a nice 3-hour chunk straight on Saturday night and it was fun, fun, fun.  Probably played a good 5 hours over the course of the weekend.   :)

I am definitely IN for the game now.  The Beta test was a nice chance to get in there and demo the game - feels like everything SWGalaxies should have been - you get the Republic/Empire type of feel but in a timeline that makes sense to have Jedi and Sith all over. ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2011, 07:27 PM »
Oh man.  I'm even more tempted to play.  I'm still not committing but I have a feeling I'll wind up in it once I see how established it gets.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2011, 09:36 PM »
anyone here want a SWTOR BETA invite?  I have one to give but it has to be redeemed before midnight tonight.  PM me fast for the details so I can get it to you so you can redeem it tonight.

gone
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:38 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2011, 11:01 PM »
Woot!  Back in beta this weekend.  Hopefully I can grind out a few more hours over the weekend. :)

Also, sounds like the NDA is being lifted so I'm sure there will be a flood of screen shots and game reviews going up this weekend across the 'net.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2011, 11:03 PM »
I gotta get some private opinions from you on this, haha.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2011, 04:02 PM »
Got a beta test invite!  Looking forward to checking TOR out finally.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2011, 07:12 PM »
I got an email for the beta starting this Friday at 10 am CST

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2011, 09:02 PM »
Wow, you keep going back, haha.