Author Topic: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 117584 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back (Fall 2009)
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 12:21 PM »
Wow.  You guys really do want EVERY person that had .5 seconds of screentime.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 03:41 PM »
His name is Lee Phenets

I've seen that guy at the library.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 11:25 PM »
He just seems like a person who may like Ugnaughts a bit too much. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2009, 11:55 AM »
There is a new rumor list over at RS, which lists a possible lineup for this wave:

Luke Skywalker - Snowspeeder Pilot
Willrow Hood
Zuckuss
Bespin Security Guard (3 Headsculpts)
2-1B
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Spirit)
Wedge Antilles - Snowspeeder Pilot
Lt. Sheckil

It will be interesting to see if this lineup holds true.  We've seen some of these rumors before (and confirmations, such as the Luke and Willrow), so its at least partially true.  Zuckuss has been strongly hinted at, as well as a new Wedge - and I'd really like either of those figures.  Obi-Wan spirit is interesting since we just got one in the OTC line, although they could either be going the repack or using the newer "ultimate" sculpt.  We also just recently got the smallish 2-1B from ROTS, so hopefully this is a new, a little taller version.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2009, 01:29 PM »
There is a new rumor list over at RS, which lists a possible lineup for this wave:

Luke Skywalker - Snowspeeder Pilot
Willrow Hood
Zuckuss
Bespin Security Guard (3 Headsculpts)
2-1B
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Spirit)
Wedge Antilles - Snowspeeder Pilot
Lt. Sheckil

It will be interesting to see if this lineup holds true.  We've seen some of these rumors before (and confirmations, such as the Luke and Willrow), so its at least partially true.  Zuckuss has been strongly hinted at, as well as a new Wedge - and I'd really like either of those figures.  Obi-Wan spirit is interesting since we just got one in the OTC line, although they could either be going the repack or using the newer "ultimate" sculpt.  We also just recently got the smallish 2-1B from ROTS, so hopefully this is a new, a little taller version.

I doubt this are going to be true, both Wedge and Luke Snowspeeder pilots in the same wave (it would be awesome) I believe this wave will be six figures not 8 because ESB is almost finish completely you count the figs and resculpts left to do with your hand and Hasbro knows this. I believe Sheckil and Wedge won't be in this wave (maybe in 2010 with Hoth Leia ?) and 2-1B would be an straight repack like Jango in the AOTC wave

I think the wave would be

Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder Pilot) - Comfirm
Willrow Hood - Comfirm
Zuckuss - an figure that has been waiting
Bespin Security Guard (2 Headsculpts) - running change like the Hoth Soldier
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Spirit) - I see this happening with the TLC Wave 4 Obi-Wan
Toryn Farr - been on the rumor list forever

repacks

Bespin Luke (VTSC)
Lando (VOTC)
Yoda
2-1B (POTF2) - this is still a great figure
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 01:31 PM by Darth Rock »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2009, 10:15 AM »
I like the list. Lets hope it turns out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2009, 01:27 AM »
I don't really think Hasbro can release a Wedge figure single carded at retail.  That is against their religion. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2009, 09:26 AM »
If this lineup holds true, I'm wondering (hoping) that maybe the presence of both Luke and Wedge snowspeeder pilot figures might lead to an all new Snowspeeder on the way next year sometime.  If I remember right this is basically the last wave of 2009, maybe slid into 2010, which would coincide with Empire's 30th Anniversary.  Great time to release an all-new Snowspeeder for these pilot figures.  I can hope, anyways.  Pretty nice wave overall.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2009, 03:56 PM »
From over a year ago:

The Snowspeeder has only been an exclusive item in the past two releases for it where prior releases were regular mass-retail. Why the exclusivity and accompanying higher pricepoint on this vehicle? If it's due to its somewhat large size compared to other vehicles, could it be scaled down to accurate proportions (since it is actually a little over scale as-is) and released in the $20 line? (SSG, 02/01/08)

Because of the size and greater cost, it has not been possible to get the existing Snowspeeder into the $20 vehicle pricepoint. You and your readers have been instrumental in the past in championing for a "true to scale" version and for this reason we have held off at using it in more exclusives. We have heard you....and are looking at ways to bring a new one to market within the next couple of years. Stay tuned!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2009, 04:06 PM »
I can see Luke & Wedge getting released as running changes like the Space Pigs & Hoth Toopers. If there are going to have variant Bespin Guards it would make for a more interesting revision case while maximizing tooling stretching the assortment. I am happy when any OTC wave gets released, pegwarmers and all.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2009, 11:13 PM »
More on the possibility of a new snowspeeder

A. We are working on a new Snowspeeder, but it's taking longer than we hoped to fit it into the line.  It would not be in 2009 in any case, and we agree with you that it would be a good basic vehicle for the $19.99 lineup if we can get the beastie to cost out.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2009, 11:21 PM »
More on the possibility of a new snowspeeder

A. We are working on a new Snowspeeder, but it's taking longer than we hoped to fit it into the line.  It would not be in 2009 in any case, and we agree with you that it would be a good basic vehicle for the $19.99 lineup if we can get the beastie to cost out.

If it's an upgrade over the current one I have a real hard time believing that it will ever cost $19.99.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2009, 10:16 AM »
An upgrade will be smaller won't it? As long as it can fit in a mid-Sized vehicle, I think they can swing the mid-sized cost.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2009, 03:24 PM »
If it's being made to-scale, yes.  The current Snowspeeder is significantly larger than the actual thing should be to be accurate to the action figures.  It's a very tiny vehicle really.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: May 3, 2009, 06:00 PM »
Sounds like Zuckuss is all but confirmed...

Via Q&A