Author Topic: The Legacy Basic Figure Plan for 2009  (Read 7378 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: The Legacy Basic Figure Plan for 2009
« Reply #15 on: December 8, 2008, 09:03 PM »
I'd love to see the Fambaa or the Eopie re-released. :)

I paid nearly $50 for an Eopie earlier this year.  If they re-release it, Hasbro owes me $35.00

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 9, 2008, 09:19 AM »
It is kind of amazing that we know so little about next years figures. I remember at this point in years past that we knew most of the coming years offerings.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 9, 2008, 09:52 AM »
I might be in the minority, but I'm in the camp that would like to see the POTF2 beasties get a re-do over the next couple years.  We've got a Rancor on the way at Target next year that should be nice, and the Wampa was re-done not too long ago in the Saga line.  I think the Taun Taun and Dewback are more than ready for a re-do.  Not that the earlier ones are bad by any means, but I bet with the advances that have been made in figures since that time - they could really make these two beasts amazing.  The Taun Taun was always one of my favorites of the Saga, so I hope that it gets a re-do eventually.

Agreed on the news about next year's lineup.  Sure, we've gotten some figure names here and there via the Q and A's, and have the first two waves (ANH and 1st ESB) confirmed, but we haven't seen pictures of much of anything past the ANH wave - which seems unusual.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 01:34 PM »
Update from Hasbro regarding the wave breakdown for 2009 prompted by the question at Han's Hideout last week.

To clarify, the 2009 basic figure order looks like this: Spring consists of EpIV (8 figures), EpV (6 figures), EpII (6 figures), and EpVI (8 figures). Fall will see four waves: EpIV (8 figures), EpI (6 figures), EpIII (6 figures), and EpV (6 figures) for a total of 54 figures. A 9th wave, the EU wave (6 figures), has slipped to be on-shelf right now around late Dec/early Jan so we are not counting that in the 2009 count, unless we are able to bring that one back in.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 01:35 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 02:01 PM »
Update from Hasbro regarding the wave breakdown for 2009 prompted by the question at Han's Hideout last week.

To clarify, the 2009 basic figure order looks like this: Spring consists of EpIV (8 figures), EpV (6 figures), EpII (6 figures), and EpVI (8 figures). Fall will see four waves: EpIV (8 figures), EpI (6 figures), EpIII (6 figures), and EpV (6 figures) for a total of 54 figures. A 9th wave, the EU wave (6 figures), has slipped to be on-shelf right now around late Dec/early Jan so we are not counting that in the 2009 count, unless we are able to bring that one back in.

So where did that come from?  I didn't see it posted at Hasbro's site.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 02:29 PM »
It was an email sent out to all the participating sites in the QnA.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 03:42 PM »
So it looks like the EpII wave is back in place... I'm glad they clarified that for us.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 03:58 PM »
Even better is we got that wave back (and hopefully the SA Obi-Wan included in there), and we didn't have to lose one of the announced OT waves.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 12:16 PM »
You know, I was updating my various lists and the 2009 wave numbering is making my head hurt...  I wish they would pick a numbering system and stick with it.

For example - the upcoming Return of the Jedi Wave.  I'm seeing it called three different things:

- Legacy Collection Wave 9 (beacuse it's the 9th wave overall in the Legacy Collection)
- Legacy 2009 Wave 4 (because that's what Hasbro calls it on the slides)
- '09 Legacy Wave 2 (because it's the second wave on the new '09 style cards)

So which is it?!?  Being one of those Type-A OCD types that are so prevalent in these parts, I need to know the "correct" name for the new waves...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 12:24 PM »
You know, I was updating my various lists and the 2009 wave numbering is making my head hurt...  I wish they would pick a numbering system and stick with it.

For example - the upcoming Return of the Jedi Wave.  I'm seeing it called three different things:

- Legacy Collection Wave 9 (beacuse it's the 9th wave overall in the Legacy Collection)
- Legacy 2009 Wave 4 (because that's what Hasbro calls it on the slides)
- '09 Legacy Wave 2 (because it's the second wave on the new '09 style cards)

So which is it?!?  Being one of those Type-A OCD types that are so prevalent in these parts, I need to know the "correct" name for the new waves...  :-\

I hear ya Jeff.  I'm the same way.  I was updating my own little "what to buy" list for the rest of the year, and wasn't sure what to call it either.  It seems like - in their presentations - they start the wave numbering over with each new year.  I think the EU wave was labeled "2010 - Wave 1", which I guess might be simpler.  It is a little more unusual this year because we're having a "line look" change, but not a line name change.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 02:26 PM »
I just ignore the numbering and call them  "Episode 2" wave, or whatever...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 05:07 PM »
For my own purposes I've started differentiating between the line looks by calling the old one TLC BLUE and the new one TLC RED.  And I reset the waves so that the TPM wave is wave 1 of TLC RED.  I find that a lot less confusing.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback