Author Topic: Rykrof Enloe Chapter 25 - IMMOLATION  (Read 2696 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Rykrof Enloe Chapter 25 - IMMOLATION
« on: June 5, 2009, 02:01 PM »

Throughout the galaxy, the Clone Wars continue as the Grand Army of the Republic begins to gain ground in the war...

...but the armies of the Confederacy of Independent Systems continue to strike back!

Back at the center of the Republic, night falls on the Senatorial District on Coruscant...

But determined to uncover the reason for Kala Mly Shundi's betrayal, Rykrof Enloe attempts to meet with the senior members of the Jedi Order.

"I'm sorry," Jedi Master Ki Adi Mundi informs Rykrof.
"But as I told you, the Council will not be in session for the next 48 hours.  You should go to your quarters; get some sleep." 

"This is a very urgent matter," Rykrof pleads. 
"I need to speak with them at once regarding Master Shundi before I am deployed."

"Rykrof, we share your concern for Kala.  But the Council will deal with this matter internally," Mundi insists.

"But I will certainly keep you updated on the situation," the Jedi continues.

"I understand," Rykrof replies under his breath. 
"I'll contact you after we take back Rhen Var."

"May the Force be with you in the assault, Rykrof.  Reports are that the Separatist force on Rhen Var is strong." Ki Adi Mundi cautions. 

"Told you I did," Master Yoda says once Rykrof is gone. 
"Strong loyalties he has."

"Yes, a good friend he is to Master Shundi," Ki Adi Mundi agrees.

"Clouded their destiny is," the Senior Jedi says as he closes his eyes.

Coruscant never sleeps, as beings conduct business during all hours of the night.

And after departing the temple, Rykrof decides to clear his head by walking back to his personal quarters.

But right away, an eerie feeling comes over him...

...and he realizes that he is being followed.

Rykrof continues to walk in the direction of his personal quarters, and devises a plan to gain the upper hand...

...knowing full well he is still a prime target of the Badoo Corba.

The mysterious stranger follows Rykrof's path briskly to keep up with the Republic Commander.

And approaches an alley Rykrof has just entered...

But as he rounds the corner, Rykrof is nowhere in sight!

"Stop right there," Rykrof says as he points his blaster at the pursuer.

With amazing speed, the man quickly takes control of the situation; hurling Rykrof into an adjacent wall!

Rykrof then struggles to reach for his weapon...

"Stop!" an older Sullustan then frantically shouts.

"Jedi," Rykrof groans as he rubs feeling back into his arm. 
"What is the meaning of this?"

"We need to speak with you privately," the man who followed Rykrof says.

"You have one hell of a way of arranging meetings," Rykrof replies sarcastically after getting back onto his feet.

"We did not mean to startle you," the Sullustan says kindly.
"My name is Jedi Master Bassius Tulo..."

"...and it appears you and Master Redwind have already met."

"Alright, now that we're all friends, what do you want?" Rykrof asks suspiciously.

"To help a mutual friend.  Kala Mly Shundi has turned to the Dark Side of the Force," Redwind boldly says.

"Kala is loyal to you," Bassius tells Rykrof. 
"We are going to bring him back to the light.  We would like for you to accompany us."

"Go with you?  I'm afraid that's out of the question," Rykrof tells them. 
"I'm leaving shortly to lead the 334th's assault on Rhen Var."

"Resign your post," Redwind retorts. 

"Resign my post?" Rykrof laughs as he turns back to Bassius.
"Has the Jedi Order even sanctioned this mission you're proposing?"

"No.  They know nothing of our intentions," Bassius admits.

"I wish you every bit of success on your mission but I can't be part of this," Rykrof tells him. 
"I have a commitment to the Republic.  My place is with my men... if I were to abandon my post, that would be directly disobeying the Supreme Chancellor."

"I understand," Bassius says sadly.  "But before we go, there is something you must know."

"I'm listening," Rykrof replies.

"The reason Kala has always been loyal to you goes back around the time you were born," the Jedi tells him.

"What do you mean?" Rykrof inquires.

Redwind then gives Bassius a sharp look, as if warning him to not say any more.
"I should speak of this no further," Master Tulo then replies.

Rykrof then steps closer to Bassius.
"I insist."

"From what I understand, your father has never told you about your mother," he relents.

"What does she have to do with anything?  She died soon after I was born," Rykrof tells him.

"True, fourteen months after you were born, to be exact," Bassius explains.  "On Dantooine."

"You see, Kala was..." he then pauses.

"...your mother's apprentice," Redwind interjects.

Shocked to hear that his mother was a Jedi, Rykrof finds himself speechless as he attempts to get a better look at Redwind's concealed face.

"She left the Jedi Order for a short time after meeting your father.  While the Council did not approve of her personal choice, she was accepted back into the Order after you were born," Redwind explains.

"As a young child, your ability with the Force was evaluated," Bassius then tells him.

"But your mother's gift was not passed on."

"A young Jedi named Innoril betrayed the Order after she returned.  Upon slaying two Jedi; one of which was my Master, he fled to Dantooine..."

"A group of Jedi were sent after to him to bring him to justice, including myself and Kala... we had both just been knighted. 

Your mother was in charge of the mission and wanted to ensure that Kala and I did not attempt to face Innoril on our own."

"Innoril knew very well the purpose of our mission:  to disarm him and bring him back to the Jedi Council to stand trial for what he did."

"The senior Jedi moved in first."

"But the Force was with Innoril that day..."

"...we never stood a chance."

"After the two Masters fell, your mother realized that she had only one option...

She drew her saber..."

"...knowing it would give Kala and myself time to flee."

"Fear was Innoril's ally..."

"Before we fled, we watched briefly as she battled her adversary."

"Valiantly she fought..."

"...making the ultimate sacrifice so that we may live."

"Kala vowed to protect the Enloe family after that day."

"Your mother loved you dearly... but your father chose to distance you from the Jedi, and shield you from the truth about what happened to her." 

"I... I don't know what to say," Rykrof says, holding back his emotions.
"Whatever happened to this ...Innoril?"

"Innoril was later struck down by dissidents on Dantooine," Tulo says.  "He died soon after our encounter with him."

"I never knew any of this," Rykrof says.
"You know... I have a son named Caldin..."

"Then there is a direct bloodline from your mother... he should be tested," Redwind points out.

"No," Rykrof shakes his head. 
"Not now anyway.  My wife has been through too much since the war broke out."

"What you've just told us changes everything, Rykrof.  Is Kala aware of this?" Bassius asks.

"Of course," Rykrof admits.

"Given this information and the considerable strength of the Separatist army on Rhen Var, you really should be with your wife and son," Bassius warns. 
"I can't stop you from taking part in the assault on Rhen Var, but I do advise against it... we must now part ways."

"I see," Rykrof says.  "But tell me - where do you think Kala is?"

"We do not know.  But when we find him, he will return with us to Coruscant," Bassius says. 

"Or we'll be forced to kill him."