Author Topic: Toy Fair 2009!  (Read 24972 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Toy Fair 2009!
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2009, 01:05 PM »
since no Muggs will be available at Walmart, or the local grocery chain, etc, there is no reason for Hasbro to show them.  Is that a correct understanding?

Yes, you have that correct - Toy Fair is mainly for the retail buyers.  Since the Muggs are only for TRU now, there is/was no reason to showcase them for buyers who can't buy them.

Hasbro said there would be new Titaniums and Muggs to be seen at SDCC, so collectors of those lines just have to wait a while to see what they will be buying in the Fall.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 01:05 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CookieeMonster

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2009, 09:25 AM »
Ifett yes I was surprised to see the return of the Mini-Rigs, looking forward to getting some of these as well, I am hoping they may get round to doing some Vintage Mini-Rigs but updated, I think that maybe cool.

Also Ifett I aint new, my name and rank is new to these boards, but thats because I couldnt log in under my old name for these boards, as I have forgotten the password and moved on from using the old email account on yahoo which was connected to that one, my old name was Captain_Sparrow, lol, memory like a sieve.

Jeff if thats the case about exclusives I wonder why the Walmart Exclusives and the Target Exclusives were shown, as they are going to be solely to either Retailer, I presume its because they had to show them somewhere, but it would have been nice to showcase a few of the MM's for the people who collect them (I dont collect these, however I do collect the Bobble Heads, so I was pleased to see these showcased).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2009, 11:43 AM »
Jeff if thats the case about exclusives I wonder why the Walmart Exclusives and the Target Exclusives were shown, as they are going to be solely to either Retailer, I presume its because they had to show them somewhere, but it would have been nice to showcase a few of the MM's for the people who collect them (I dont collect these, however I do collect the Bobble Heads, so I was pleased to see these showcased).

When I was talking about "not showing exclusives to buyers" I was talking about stuff shown in the actual toy showroom, not stuff in the Collector/Media presentation, which is a separate thing.  Hasbro does show some store exclusives in the slideshow presentation for the media/collectors, but those products are not usually in the actual showroom booth display that the toy buyers visit.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CookieeMonster

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2009, 01:33 PM »
I see I have never been to a Toyfair so I wouldnt know how it was set up, but that makes sense and thaks for clearing that up for me, I always wondered.