Author Topic: Toy Fair 2009!  (Read 24981 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Toy Fair 2009!
« Reply #15 on: January 5, 2009, 10:26 PM »
You guys are just jealous that the RFT is such a great character, that his figure deserves an equal level of greatness! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #16 on: January 6, 2009, 12:38 AM »
I'll bet Hasbro puts a little more oomph into their Transformers and GI Joe displays than they do for Star Wars. I expect to see some neat things for the Clone Wars, but I also expect the Legacy showings to be a little light.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 6, 2009, 01:11 AM »
I've got to go on the record with one large vehicle prediction....

The Clone Turbo Tank.

I'm still not sure when (as in it could be more than a year from now or more).  Especially based on it's absence from the TV series so far, and the AT-TE leg situation.  Just call it an....educated guess.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 6, 2009, 11:04 AM »

EVOLUTIONS - 3 new sets

I forgot about these. These are on the top of my list of things to want to see.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 6, 2009, 11:32 AM »
There's actually 4 new Evo sets, there's a Clone Wars one also.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #20 on: January 6, 2009, 06:10 PM »
I'll bet Hasbro puts a little more oomph into their Transformers and GI Joe displays than they do for Star Wars.

Given that both TF and Joe have big theatrical releases this year, and SW has relatively nothing on the horizon, I'd say yeah, that's probably a pretty safe bet.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 6, 2009, 10:41 PM »

The Clone Turbo Tank.

I'm still not sure when (as in it could be more than a year from now or more).  Especially based on it's absence from the TV series so far, and the AT-TE leg situation.  Just call it an....educated guess.

The Turbo Tank would be my best guess too... if Hasbro wants to release something big in 2009 or 2010, it makes sense to make it Clone Wars related, and that's as good a prediction as any. 

I think I'll be more than content though if we don't get any new big items in 2009... more of a space issue than anything. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 7, 2009, 12:26 AM »

The Clone Turbo Tank.

The Turbo Tank would be my best guess too... if Hasbro wants to release something big in 2009 or 2010, it makes sense to make it Clone Wars related, and that's as good a prediction as any. 

I think I'll be more than content though if we don't get any new big items in 2009... more of a space issue than anything. 

It's not a guess, despite my phrasing in the original post. 

;D
« Last Edit: January 7, 2009, 12:27 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 7, 2009, 08:45 AM »
I agree with those that have said we'll see more of a focus on Clone Wars stuff (along with the big GI Joe and TF push with both movies coming this year).  That being said, I hope we get a look at some more of the Legacy waves.  I'm guessing we'll see the ESB wave that's supposed to be up next after the ANH wave, but there's a good chance we'll see that prior to Toy Fair.  It seems to work out that way usually anyways.  I'm hoping we get a look at the rest of the "spring waves", which in total covers the ANH, ESB, AOTC, and ROTJ waves.  According to Hasbro's breakdown, those are the four "spring waves", and then we can see the "Fall waves" at Comic Con.

I know I'm probably in a bit of a minority here, since many want all-new vehicles, but I wouldn't mind some news on some more re-done Original Trilogy vehicles.  They don't necessarily have to be BMF sized, like an AT-AT, but even an all-new version of the Snowspeeder or AT-ST (although I'd like to see larger vehicles like the AT-AT, Slave 1, etc. eventually as well).  I'd also like to see Hasbro go all out with the new Jabba the Hutt, with a nice dais and backdrop like mentioned earlier.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #24 on: January 7, 2009, 03:21 PM »
I'll bet Hasbro puts a little more oomph into their Transformers and GI Joe displays than they do for Star Wars.

Given that both TF and Joe have big theatrical releases this year, and SW has relatively nothing on the horizon, I'd say yeah, that's probably a pretty safe bet.

Um...Star Wars has a very successful weekly TV show, which I believe can sell more toys than a big film.  Look at the money The Dark Knight made, and SW was still the #1 Boys Toy of the year.  Joe and Transformers will be big, but ROTS and now TCW have made SW huge again.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 7, 2009, 03:31 PM »

Um...Star Wars has a very successful weekly TV show, which I believe can sell more toys than a big film.  Look at the money The Dark Knight made, and SW was still the #1 Boys Toy of the year.  Joe and Transformers will be big, but ROTS and now TCW have made SW huge again.

SW is the #1 toy, period.  IIRC isn't Toy Fair aimed mostly at the retailers?  I think given its position as the leading toy category, it will get the appropriate level of attention.
I am not the Stig

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #26 on: January 7, 2009, 03:39 PM »
We'll see.  I just think that SW may take a little bit of a backseat compared to the other two this year, at least as far as Toy Fair displays go.  Not necessarily in overall sales for the year, or box office takes, or television ratings, or any of that other ****.  Just Toy Fair displays.  Not that that matters all that much anyway.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 7, 2009, 04:11 PM »
Hmm, I don't think it will take that much of a back seat. Granted Transformers toys did well for the first movie and should for he second. GIJoe figs seem to sell pretty well also. Since they are both Hasbro licenses, they will have a presence at ToyFair. However Since Hasbro decided to drawback attention from SW in lieu of the disastrous Indy line, I don't think they are willing to let that happen again. SW will feature prominently alongside TF and Joe stuff.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 7, 2009, 04:17 PM »
Not that that matters all that much anyway.

True, as long as there is a table with a single Super Articulated Rebel Fleet Trooper on it in the Heisman pose (to demonstrate his articularity)
I am not the Stig

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #29 on: January 7, 2009, 10:46 PM »
my sources say supreme articularity
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com