Author Topic: Clone Wars - Clonetrooper 3-pack  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Clone Wars - Clonetrooper 3-pack
« on: June 25, 2003, 04:25 PM »
Yes the Clone Wars 3-packs / Deluxe figures are out in Indianapolis, Indiana. I picked them up at Toys-R-Us for $10.99 each.

Here is the Clones side by side - Only the White Clones have been found so far. So I am not sure when the Colored Clones are coming.

Too bad that the head only moves left and right. If he could look up this would be one great Clone.

The Sculpts are very nice!

Articulation - Poor! Only the Shoulders, Head, and waist move. The legs are in a fixed position. So minimal articulation. Good for yo army builders who want to make a big display!!

Also no Blaster Effects like the Preview Clone. That would of made this set really great!

I would recomend buying lots of this pack just to make your Clone Army grow.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Clone Wars - Clonetrooper 3-pack
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 04:46 PM »
These look very cool, but why can't Hasbro make some of these Clone Troopers in the "attention" position?  Why does everything have to have an "action" pose?  That is truly irritating!
dustrho

Offline Master Chief

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • If you're stupid, then please CLICK HERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 05:28 PM »

{Quote}Too bad that the head only moves left and right. If he could look up this would be one great Clone. {QUTOE}

Actually, you can move his head up and down. also , pull his head out, it is held by a ball socket. So that  mean the head is arcitulated.
Master Chief:  Has anyone else made it out of Halo alive?

Cortana: No, it just dust and echo...We're all that lefts...We did it, we saved earth, we had no choice..it over...we're done.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 10:34 PM »
If you really pull on the head the ball joint breaks loose so he can move his head up and down. I am surprised I did not catch this when I opened him up. Thanks!
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2003, 11:01 PM »
David, thanks for taking the time to get the pictures up so quick!
Hope to find these with the color variations as well!

-Fish-

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Clone Trooper 3 Pack
« Reply #5 on: July 9, 2003, 12:14 AM »
Yea, picked these up recently. I'm reviewing each one individually.

Appearance -
All three of the Clones are generally the same in paint style. Hasbro didn't give the helmet's their gray shade on the side and some of the paint gets sloppy, also the rifles no longer have their brown stocks, they are completely black. I'm not sure if I like this, but most modern weapons no longer have wooden stock, so I can accept it.
8/10

Articluation -
All Clones have ball-joint heads, which is neat, I wish more figures would have ball joints (like Chewbacca Bespin does). All Clones, from my memory, have waist articulation as well - the joint being covered by the overlapped armor plating, very good. All clones have shoulder joints as well - thankfully - it was rumored at one time they'd be absolutely articulation-less.
2/10

Pose-ability -
The Standing Clone can do two real unique poses - one with the gun at a hip-shot pose and the other at a gun raised, arm behind the back pose. Both poses are cool, so if you were to buy 2 packs, the 2 standing troops could pass as completely seperate pieces.
The Kneeling Clone doesn't seem to have any real unique poses besides the one its crafted to, but I do think two of them in the same dio would look just fine.
The Prone Clone is my least favorite of the bunch. It can have two minor different poses, the one its crafted to and also - if you bend his waist to where the weapon-arm is on the ground, you can point his free arm as if he was gesturing somewhere forward. Good stuff, I think, two of them at one dio may not look so great though (but that won't stop you from buying 2 packs).
I'm actually going to grade a tad higher than you might expect - why - Because I really think that for the most part Hasbro tried to make it to where we can have unique looking figures of the same kind. Still grading low though, hah!
2/10

Accessory -
Three figures, two blasters, one rifle, but since Hasbro sculpted them to the hands, there are no accessories.
0/10

Overall -
Even though these are practically statues, and weren't really as low-priced as I'd like, I like the Clones.
5/10