Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2009  (Read 99540 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2009
« Reply #615 on: January 21, 2010, 12:27 PM »
Most of you guys here cheer for teams that have won a Super Bowl, let alone two or three or five. 

And one of us has been waiting on the Vikings since the Purple People Eaters and Fran Tarkenton  :-\  Trust me, I share your pain.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 21, 2010, 03:02 PM »
Most of you guys here cheer for teams that have won a Super Bowl, let alone two or three or five.  Maybe Eagles fans know the pain and suffering of what it is like to have a perrenial winning franchise that just cannot get over that hump. 

As a Bucs fan I know what it's like... the thing that sucks though, is when you finally do win one the fans (at least in Tampa) started to act like Superbowls grow on trees... they ran Gruden, the best coach in franchise history, right out of town 5 years later... there were some down years, mostly because of salary cap issues, but he still managed to win another pair of division titles (3 total in his 6  years)... but patience all but disappeared.  Tampa fans became fickle, and embarrassing.

And now we've got Raheem the Dream Morris and a 3-13 team.  A team Gruden won 9 games with last year.

MN probably won't be viewed the same way if they win.  Running Childress out of town might actually lead to more SBs down the road.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 21, 2010, 04:42 PM »
I was just reading through the thread and I laughed at my owns comments of how much I hated Farve and how I hope he died etc etc.  This year has been one hell of a trip for Vikings fans and I think good ole #4 won over pretty much every cynic and baby like myself with his play on the field.  I still think he is a primadonna douche but that doesn't mean I hope and pray almost hourly that he can win two more games.

Most of you guys here cheer for teams that have won a Super Bowl, let alone two or three or five.  Maybe Eagles fans know the pain and suffering of what it is like to have a perrenial winning franchise that just cannot get over that hump.  There is something magical in the air up here and it just seems like destiny that this is the Vikings year.  It is going to happen.  If it doesn't...I'll be crushed like I always am.  I have cheered for this team since forever.  I remember being humiliated by Tony Dorsett's 99 yard run on MNF.  1987 was another magical run in which they beat the Saints and 49ers only to lose a heartbreaker to the Redskins.  The early Denny Green years had 5-6 playoff teams before he even got a sniff of winning a playoff game.  The 98 team was the last team of destiny.  I'll be man enough to admit that I sat an cried on my couch as Morten Andersen's kick ended the Vikings season.  2001...I actually started shoveling my driveway in the last NFC Championship folly.  I'm not even old enough to really remember the 4 Super Bowl defeats (unlike a Canuckian).  Sorry for ranting...come on Farve...two more games!

The history of the Vikings is littered with failure.  After 1998 I vowed to never get too excited about them until they are in the Super Bowl and are in control of the game with 5 minutes left.  I still stand by that.  They are cursed and chokers until they prove otherwise much like the Red Sox were and Cubs still are. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 21, 2010, 04:52 PM »

The history of the Bears is littered with failure.  After 1985 I vowed to never get too excited about them until they are in a second Super Bowl and are in control of the game with 5 minutes left.  I still stand by that.  They are cursed and chokers until they prove otherwise much like the Red Sox were and Cubs still are.  
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 04:53 PM by ruiner »

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #619 on: January 22, 2010, 10:20 AM »
After the Cowboys/Vikings game, Prince had a vision of the future...  and it's Purple & Gold.   :-X

Prince said he hadn’t seen the Vikings play in a very long time, until he went to the game against the Dallas Cowboys last week.

“I saw the future,” said Prince.

He said he went home that night, wrote the song, "Purple and Gold," and said the song came easy and fast.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 10:23 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 22, 2010, 10:21 AM »
After the Cowboys/Vikings game, Prince had a vision of the future...  and it's Purple & Gold.   :-X

I heard that this morning and wow does it suck.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #621 on: January 22, 2010, 11:14 AM »
I like how it says Prince hasn't seen a game for a long time...except when he was at the Bears game in November

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:14 AM by Scott »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 22, 2010, 11:15 AM »
That song is horrible, WTF was he thinking? 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #623 on: January 22, 2010, 11:17 AM »
I like how it says Prince hasn't seen a game for a long time...except when he was at the Bears game in November

I saw him on TV at the Dallas game too.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:17 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #624 on: January 22, 2010, 05:46 PM »
I like how he appears to be lurking in the background of a sporting event.

"Then he took us in the house and served us pancakes."
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 22, 2010, 09:16 PM »
I like how he appears to be lurking in the background of a sporting event.

"Then he took us in the house and served us pancakes."

LMAO!   Cripes, I had forgotten all about that skit.   ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 24, 2010, 10:17 PM »
 :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #627 on: January 24, 2010, 10:21 PM »
Congrats to the Saints we lost that game for you.  :-\
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 24, 2010, 10:37 PM »
That was pretty ******' unbelievable.  That Vikings fumbled that game away... they lost it on penalties... and that 12 in the huddle was a killer... without that, Favre never has the chance to play hero and throw that bad pick.  Unbelievable.

Go Colts I guess...  >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #629 on: January 24, 2010, 11:09 PM »
I'm actually in a pretty good state of mind right now, it was a really fun year and ole Farve got us to within one play of the super bowl.  That being said, they sure Chilly Dogged the end of regulation.  Longwell is so money I was jumping up and down when they got to the 32...even from 54 he would have probably made it.  ****.  Oh well...I will be cheering for the Colts.  I cannot stand the national media trying to make the Saints be the new Americas team.  Go Colts!b