Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 335934 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #1155 on: March 3, 2016, 02:32 PM »
Anyone looking for some Nikto Guards....minus accessories.
Hasbro Star Wars Clone CW TRU Exclusive Puko Naga Palace Guard 2010 Figure Loose

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 17, 2016, 09:00 PM »
Garage sale gold. Another clone wars Jedi fighter (incredibly with all missiles), Corporate Alliance Droid tank missing a few parts, a BARC speeder (the wheelless version) with 501st figure, a tri fighter (might be ROTS) and a V-19 torrent missing an engine, a missible and the canopy (but I might have one some where). Also loose obi-wan and anakin...yawn, though it was cloth skirt Anakin. The rest of the stuff was other collections.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 25, 2016, 06:36 PM »
Picked up a few loose old TCW animated figures today at a local comic convention for some custom fodder...Yularen, Cadet Echo, Wolfpack clone. 3 for $10.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 27, 2016, 05:28 PM »
FINALLY picked up Ahsoka CW44. She comes with two hilts and two lightsabers that aren't original to her, but for $50 I was happy to have her finally. I can't believe what she sells for carded.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 1, 2016, 08:29 AM »
FINALLY picked up Ahsoka CW44. She comes with two hilts and two lightsabers that aren't original to her, but for $50 I was happy to have her finally. I can't believe what she sells for carded.

$50? Ouch.  I need to starting posting my extra figs for sale...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: April 26, 2017, 12:20 AM »
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:20 AM by Scockery »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 26, 2017, 06:36 PM »
Garage sale find...Droid Scout Tank with TX-whatever tactical droid...including gun, card and dice, plus General Grievous with extra battle damaged head and forearms, but oddly no weapons.

I tell you price. You no believe. 50 of your earth cents.  :o

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 1, 2017, 04:22 PM »
Saw a craigslist ad for a garage sale...star wars stuff. Showed the Turbo Tank! I go to where I think the garage sale is at based on the little locator map at craigslistwhat and at what should be opening time 9AM. I get there, address doesn't match up. There's two sales on similarly named streets. One sale is open and had people shopping, the other clearly isn't the place.  I hit both. Nothing. I go further north, maybe there's another street with a similar name. No. I turn around go back, check the one sale again, if it was there it was long gone. I get very annoyed, vowing not to do this again, as this has happened before.  >:(

I spend the rest of the morning hitting stores seeing force friday stuff and going to few resale places hoping to find anything (nada). Go back home by 1 pm and check the craigslist again, this time I enter the address on google and it comes up far away from where craigslist lead me. I decide I want closure, go out and BOOM!...it's incredibly still there!  :o $10 Turbo Tank! Also, ran into an old co-worker hadn't seen in years.   :)

It's missing stuff (the speeder, a turret, missiles), but has all the doors, unlike the other one I found years ago. It's also discolored on top, my old one is on one side. Must be very prone to yellowing. I found a Han Solo blaster inside and a few small lego pieces.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1163 on: September 1, 2017, 10:04 PM »
You find some odd stuff...  I never manage this at garage sales.  I'm usually out for snap on, mac, matco, or older US made craftsman tools, and old c clamps and things.  You find cool Star Wars stuff though.  I'd love another Turbo Tank to custom up into a "troop truck" Imperial vehicle.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 2, 2017, 12:14 AM »
I hear that from other people, too. I do hit a lot of sales some weekends, but I also must live in a decent area, I guess. And my operating range is smaller than it used to be, because I get tired of driving to areas I don't know that well. Though, usually when I enter "Star wars" in garage sale listings, they come up outside my area in metro Detroit, which no matter how good looking the items, it never seems worth the drive (plus my knowledge of metro Detroit is limited). Some weekends are mostly a waste of gas.

I never mention GI JOE stuff and other toys I find. LOL. It's all pretty random.  Not everything is cheap. And there's sales like one a couple months ago, the guy had 80's Transformers but he wanted decent money for them, more than I was willing to pay...because I don't collect them and am not up on their resell value. So I wind up buying $20 for some assorted 80's GI JOE parts, 2 loose figures and couple of incomplete vehicles, later thinking I might've done better with on ebay!

I buy things to resell, war games and rpg's.  And model kits if they are cheap price, because kits are freaking expensive for what they are. We complain about toy prices, but kits you do all the work and some are $20+ for parts on sprues. 
« Last Edit: September 2, 2017, 12:16 AM by Scockery »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 3, 2017, 03:10 PM »
Not exactly the correct thread, but I'll just piggy back off of Scockery.

Anyone tell me what specific figs these are? (50 cents each at garage sale)

This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 3, 2017, 07:43 PM »
Sandtrooper without gear or stormtrooper from the Vintage collection?

Anakin from Legends...can't remember the year now...2015 or 2014? Was it a mission series 2 pack?

Commander Neyo from Vintage Collection. (Or was it the 4" Black series?)

I'm too lazy to look them up, too.  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1167 on: September 3, 2017, 08:31 PM »
Oh yeah I buy 1/20 model kits and because some of those are fair sized (scale for Star Wars figs) they're $30-$60 and that's before they go outta print which eventually will happen.  Good stuff though if you dig the scale.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 3, 2017, 09:09 PM »
50% lazy. 50% ocd about whether my research is right

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1169 on: September 4, 2017, 09:31 PM »
Seems accurate what Scockery said they are.  I'd forgotten Neyo was a TBs guy.  The Ani I believe came single carded and part of a 2-pack so could be either.

The Trooper is tricky but my guess is he's from the Dewback release if he has the pack slot on his back or he's the  lack Series figure which puts him in line with Neyo.  Is the slot for the backpack on the back.  I didn't think the TBS fig had it.